Three Rivers Conference Week 0 Predictions

BigPoppaPump

Daniel Boone @ Elizabethton----Elizabethton by 9....with the best player on the field in Thomas

Happy Valley @ Volunteer----Volunteer by 13 because Valley hasn't gotten any better since last year

Johnson County @ Tennessee High----Vikings by 28 because JC will hold the ball

Sullivan East @ David Crockett----Crockett 2- East 0; Long snap through the back of the end zone

Seymour @ Sullivan North----Seymour by 2 or 3 td's; North has fallen off a little

Cherokee @ Sullivan South----South by a TD; Don't know a lot about the Chiefs

Unicoi County @ Hampton----Unicoi by 12 over the Dawgs; talk about polar opposite teams

Does Unicoi County look to be up this year in comparison to their traditional teams?

Definitely not the same type of team the last year or so that you were probably used to seeing as a Viking fan in the old Mountain Lakes.  Not up there with South and Betsy obviously.  But if I'm not mistaken finished 3rd in the conference last year.

Daniel Boone 27 Elizabethton 21

Happy Valley 14 Volunteer 22

Johnson County 14 Tennessee High 35

Sullivan East 7 David Crockett 13

Seymour 28 Sullivan North 7

Cherokee 14 Sullivan South 28

Unicoi County 22 Hampton 14

BB9,

As a Boone fan I like your pick, but come on, do you really think Boone is going to win?  I'm saying the cyclones by 20 points.

BB9,

As a Boone fan I like your pick, but come on, do you really think Boone is going to win? I'm saying the cyclones by 20 points.

I really do think so. Boone beat them last year and from the way South did as they pleased with them in the jamboree, it's obvious they aren't as good as they were last year. If they contain Thomas, Boone will beat them.

Using that logic, didn't Boone get beat in the jamboree by Crockett? Boone can't be any better than last year either and I know EHS is down as well but we used a backup QB during the jamboree (Armstrong played behind Bailey last season and it was another QB(Arnett) who played against Boone last year when we got beat.) To add to all that Thomas didn't get a lot of touches during the jamboree(To avoid injury risks) and I know  Science Hill couldn't do anything to him last year and neither could State Champions CAK. 

If Boone wins it's gonna be by a smaller margin. EHS still has it's speed and depending on the QB situation it will make the game different. Armstrong can throw but makes some questionable decisions while Bailey doesn't have the best arm but he can scramble and run and is probably on the smarter QBs out there in terms of game management and awareness. 

This is my reasoning for picking EHS

Edited by EHSTrack06

My logic isn't in the outcome of the Jamboree like you are implying with Boone and Crockett. It is in the fact that South scored 21 points in a qtr against Betsy. The "backup" qb you're referring to looked like he should be starting. And I know Thomas didn't get his touches, for good reason, but my red flag for Elizabethton is that South gashed them, on pace for 84 points. I know Elizabethton is no chump, big time program, but Boone finishes right behind DB, SH, and TN High year in and year out. No disrespect intended in picking them to beat Betsy.

• Upvote 1