MARYVILLE vs ALCOA 2013

pepvol

Some things (with or without good expectations) are to be expected from both kids and adults. Without the expectations of how to act, sometimes we all act like kids. IMO - by cuffing a dad and putting him in the back of a car; or pulling the "leader" out of a bush league student section and sending him home can do more to set the right expectations than anything. At least it worked 100 yrs ago when I was a kid.

Evidently this student in the coffin had the number on his shirt of the Angry Dads son.

Actually there was no number on his shirt. It was a cheap Alcoa fan jersey from Pokey's. It had "Jim Bob" spray painted on the back. The skit was more zombie football player in nature than kill Alcoa. How pretentious do you have to be to think "Jim Bob" is your Jim Bob. Obviously if it is about the kid with the Irish name, then his father sure is good with Irish adjectives!

Alcoffin_zps87c3d0f2.jpg

Actually there was no number on his shirt. It was a cheap Alcoa fan jersey from Pokey's. It had "Jim Bob" spray painted on the back. The skit was more zombie football player in nature than kill Alcoa. How pretentious do you have to be to think "Jim Bob" is your Jim Bob. Obviously if it is about the kid with the Irish name, then his father sure is good with Irish adjectives!

Alcoffin_zps87c3d0f2.jpg

Trust me RR, the Angry Dad is very good with the adjectives! I had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting infront of them last yr at the Cleveland game. It was then they decided to make the 8 mile move.

My oldest son played a rival one year and when the opposing team came out their tunnel, there was a jersey hanging at the end with a number on it. It was the number of our head coaches son. They ripped that jersey all to heck coming out the tunnel. We were sitting by the coaches wife and she was crying and scared to death for her son. Needless to say, those two teams never played each other again. They said the rivalry had gotten out of hand. That was 13yrs ago.

My oldest son played a rival one year and when the opposing team came out their tunnel, there was a jersey hanging at the end with a number on it. It was the number of our head coaches son. They ripped that jersey all to heck coming out the tunnel. We were sitting by the coaches wife and she was crying and scared to death for her son. Needless to say, those two teams never played each other again. They said the rivalry had gotten out of hand. That was 13yrs ago.

I don't feel that we will ever see the Maryville/Alcoa game cancelled. The gate is split between the schools every year. There are t-shirts sold most yrs (Alcoa had shirts printed this yr, Maryville didn't) theres way too much revenue to be gained. The tickets were $10 this yr because the Middle schools played first. At $10 a pop there was probably 4000 people there, a little down because of TV and the heat. But do the math, it won't be cancelled. I do feel there should be disciplinary actions against spectators, students, parents, players, coaches whoever gets unruly to the point of causing harm or being belligerent. Edited by rebelwoman87