MARYVILLE vs ALCOA 2013

pepvol

Just an observer here I love Maryville tradition one of the best around but as for this season Fulton would beat them IMO. I have seen both play and Maryville just doesn't have the speed Fulton does but Coach Q would keep it very close. Alcoa would not compete with Fulton this season. It is strange that Fulton and Alcoa not playing this season.

Sooo chef,

What's your excuse for your Redskins getting hammered by Blount?

Are they recruiting too much for ya too??

After seeing the quotes from alcoa's coach after the game, something bad is brewing over there. Alcoa may have some bumps in the road in the near future, but they still have a tremendous soph class. I can't help but think they were better than they showed on friday. :popcorneater:

Edited by strongx

After seeing the quotes from alcoa's coach after the game, something bad is brewing over there. Alcoa may have some bumps in the road in the near future, but they still have a tremendous soph class. I can't help but think they were better than they showed on friday. :popcorneater:

Anyone think that Rankin will move on if they dont win the Gold Ball this year?

I haven't seen any mention of the Alcoa parent getting in GQ's face before the game. And did #23 come back out for the second half? Apparently he had to quickly rid himself of his helmet and go into the locker room before halftime.

I talked to a parent last night. He was standing at the fense in the inzone. The parent was yelling the f-word and GD at George with children playing and standing in ear shot. Two cops pushed the Aloca Dad away from George. George being the class act that he is, never raised his voice during this confrontation. This stemmed from the pep rally friday afternoon because of the coffin that is used. Allegedly the Alcoa player being impersonated in the coffin was the son of the Alcoa Dad. Sounds like they should have used the outhouse that we used for a prop at the Alcoa pep rallies when I was at 825.

Finally, a little action during Alcoa week.....

Trouble in the Alcoa locker room...angry dads....coffins!

This thread may not be the shortest in Maryville-Alcoa history after all.

PS. We may need a few more troll comments and IFL games but I think we can make 50 pages. If all else fails maybe Starz will list Momma Starz'z pre-game meal. That should fill 4 or 5 pages.

Painted ledge or bridge I have no excuse we aren't very good this yr. Very young and not very deep at all. I don't know why u feel the need to attack everyone when they make a statement about your beloved Alcoa. You have watched a lot of hs football. Do u honestly think you could compete with Fulton?

Have a great Freshman and Soph class, but they need to keep them.....talked to a Fresh and two Soph yesterday and they are unsure whether they are going to stick around.

I talked to a parent last night. He was standing at the fense in the inzone. The parent was yelling the f-word and GD at George with children playing and standing in ear shot. Two cops pushed the Aloca Dad away from George. George being the class act that he is, never raised his voice during this confrontation. This stemmed from the pep rally friday afternoon because of the coffin that is used. Allegedly the Alcoa player being impersonated in the coffin was the son of the Alcoa Dad. Sounds like they should have used the outhouse that we used for a prop at the Alcoa pep rallies when I was at 825.

Jealousy is the root of all evil.....I guess he better go ahead make the move to Alcoa with the rest of family.

Edited by jake

Just an observer here I love Maryville tradition one of the best around but as for this season Fulton would beat them IMO. I have seen both play and Maryville just doesn't have the speed Fulton does but Coach Q would keep it very close. Alcoa would not compete with Fulton this season. It is strange that Fulton and Alcoa not playing this season.

I have a ton of respect for Fulton. They are loaded for bear but they beat 2 teams that are struggling. Powell has talent but they are on their 3rd coach in 3 years. Bearden has no defense this year. Webb and Alcoa are better teams than Bearden and Powell are.

Alcoa will still have a great shot of winning 3A. Alcoa isn't quite as good as they were in 2008,09,2010 and 2012. Those Alcoa teams were great and could have competed with any team anytime in the state regardless of classification. In 2008 Hillsboro is the only team Maryville played that would have beaten Alcoa. In 2009 and 2010 Alcoa was by far the best team Maryville played those years. In 2012 only Whitehaven and Siegal were better than Alcoa. Would not shock me at all if Alcoa wins 3A.

So what happened at this pep rally?  And why was it GQ's fault?  He put the kid in the coffin or something?

GQ doenst have a thing to do with the coffin. Usually a student dresses like an opposing player and is carried into the pep rally. Evidently this student in the coffin had the number on his shirt of the Angry Dads son. Edited by rebelwoman87