MARYVILLE vs ALCOA 2013

pepvol

Well, the good thing about this statement is that Oak Ridge is not alone in their terrible win loss record against Maryville. Alcoa, probably the 2nd best in this area in a 10-15 year time frame as Maryville and they are 3-10 against you guys since 2000. Enjoy your success while it lasts. It doesn't last forever, although it sometimes seems like it may to me lol. Quarles isn't gonna be there forever. Any longtime Maryville fan recognizes that they haven't always been this good, and that all good things come to an end, eventually. With that said, you guys have had an impressive run.

Whatever

So, there was "issues" that led to the transfer? Starting to make sense now..........

There is always issues that lead to a transfer, usually it is because of "Little Johnny" not getting enough playing time.  Knowing this dad personally, I would bet that is the case here, also....

Just an observer here I love Maryville tradition one of the best around but as for this season Fulton would beat them IMO. I have seen both play and Maryville just doesn't have the speed Fulton does but Coach Q would keep it very close. Alcoa would not compete with Fulton this season. It is strange that Fulton and Alcoa not playing this season.

So you seen both play and are expert enough to say Fulton would beat Maryville this year? Well you should get ESPN Hire you so you can pick the Super Bowl winner before the season and the boys in Vegas might want some of your advice too.

Well great win by our Young men , and I do mean Young men !! lol , what is funny to me is how our Local media clowns are always so quick to count Maryville out . We have a great RB who has started since he was a freshman and has been a huge part of 2- 6A State Championships ... but the KNS Rag didn't think he was worthy of a cover with a picture of great area Running backs ... well we are now 2-0 against 2 of those guy's teams and like MHS82 , I wouldn't trade Prevo for either one of those other guys . The fact that Smiffey picked Alcoa to win doesn't even bother me , but disrespecting Prevo , who has busted his #### for Maryville does ! Before this other part I'll bore some of you with what 99.9% of the people on here already know , but apparently they don't at KNS ...

George Quarles has won more games than any other coach in the COUNTRY the last ten years  ... not County , state , or region ... COUNTRY ... Maryville has played for a State Championship in the last 9 years, including all 4 years of 6A  ... Maryville has not lost to a Knoxville area team since 2000 !!! That's going on 14 years now that Powell , Oak Ridge , Central ...Farragut , Bearden ... etc , etc ... has not beat Maryville ... Yet all Fulton had to do is go out and beat a Powell team on it's 3rd coach in 3 years to be Proclaimed the Supreme ruler of our area according to the KNS and Packer  ( yes I know Fulton won 4A state last year , they also got beat by Alcoa 30-7 just last year )  ... Gee , now that Fulton beat Bearden too , the KNS might proclaim Fulton 1-10 , and Maryville at 11 and so forth ... 1 game was all it took for the Local Media Clowns ( Yes Packer is the head Bozo ) to totally ignore everything Maryville has done to earn their respect ... I'm really not mad , It's actually quite funny to me how Jealous these guys are , and they just keep fueling the fire  ... lol :mrgreen:

Wish I could write like that. The KNS Is rag cut and could not survive without AP cuts & paste.

So, there was "issues" that led to the transfer? Starting to make sense now..........

BC....he is a good kid and is a just fine as a football player. The rest of the package is not so good. Enjoy.....maybe Coach Rankin will draw a line in the sand.

Btw......word on the street is that you want to climb this tree. Guess I will have to join the liars club luncheon when possible.

Edited by MLREB