Clinton vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

How does anyone think we will rebound? I was impressed with Rowe. We don't have much speed on defense. Mitchell is a dangerous receiver. If Dunbar isn't QB what do we do with him?

I think we will be ready for Clinton. Rowe surprised me. Lack of speed isn't our only problem on defense. I was also impressed with Mitchell. Running back or receiver for Dunbar

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get some of our speedier guys on the field on defense. I know #16 tries his best, but he just lacks speed. I know #20 plays a lot of RB, but maybe he could get some reps at that OLB position? I know he is listed as a RB/LB on the roster. Get Luster back out there. Let these guys with speed learn on the job. Been said many times by me and a few others on here, but our speed on D just doesn't exist. I'd rather put some guys out there who have speed who may not know their positions as well as some of the slower guys who are playing. It's not like we are gonna win state this year. I say put them out there and build for the future. Just my opinion. We have speed(ier) guys available.

Edited by SweetScience

The OR/Farragut thread is locked, so I'll use this one. Oak Ridge freshmen 20 Farragut 10. Farragut was very good and I'll not tell of the Cats weaknesses to give up 10. Just say Farragut is very tricky. OR down 10-0 before getting it together.

Linebacker Jacob Gross set the tone on the first play with a crushing hit in a Farragut receiver to start the game. Cats had two goal line stands starting inside the one yard line. Driving Farragut back on every down.

QB Stefan Mortl managed the offense very well. Mortl ran 8 times for 68 yards. He threw 6 of 9 for 140 yds. Scoring: Mortl to Tee Higgins for 7 yards (key play: Chase Kimbro 48 yard run), Kimbro kick. down 10-7. Mortl to Higgins for 78 yards (botched XP). OR 13-10. Jaret Miner 17 yard TD run (key play: Mortl to Demarea Whitt to 45 yards) Kimbro  kick. OR 20-10.

Kyndall Clark played lights out on defense. Cats defended 45 plays. 23 were for no gain or a loss.  Higgins played just one half (to be able to play Varsity on Friday).

JV lost 29-14. Farragut was better, but the home cooking (linesman) was just incredible.

The OR/Farragut thread is locked, so I'll use this one. Oak Ridge freshmen 20 Farragut 10. Farragut was very good and I'll not tell of the Cats weaknesses to give up 10. Just say Farragut is very tricky. OR down 10-0 before getting it together.

Linebacker Jacob Gross set the tone on the first play with a crushing hit in a Farragut receiver to start the game. Cats had two goal line stands starting inside the one yard line. Driving Farragut back on every down.

QB Stefan Mortl managed the offense very well. Mortl ran 8 times for 68 yards. He threw 6 of 9 for 140 yds. Scoring: Mortl to Tee Higgins for 7 yards (key play: Chase Kimbro 48 yard run), Kimbro kick. down 10-7. Mortl to Higgins for 78 yards (botched XP). OR 13-10. Jaret Miner 17 yard TD run (key play: Mortl to Demarea Whitt to 45 yards) Kimbro  kick. OR 20-10.

Kyndall Clark played lights out on defense. Cats defended 45 plays. 23 were for no gain or a loss.  Higgins played just one half (to be able to play Varsity on Friday).

JV lost 29-14. Farragut was better, but the home cooking (linesman) was just incredible.

Awesome. thanks for the rundown. Glad to hear the freshmen won. The future looks bright for Oak Ridge. And i have heard nothing but good things about Farragut's younger classes as well. That's a top notch win for the freshmen.

He could have gotten all he wanted. He returned two kick-offs for 76 yards and had seven tackles in the first half.

Kid is gonna be special. Packs on some muscle these next few years and will improve his speed even more then it is now with the offseason conditioning. I don't wanna say it just yet because he is still a youngin, but i could see some nice colleges offering him in the future, IF he sticks with football.

I don't think the JV's looked as bad as the score would indicate. Thought the quarterback didn't get a lot of help for his receivers. Blocking was also lacking. But the defense was the problem, watching passed balls sail over their heads and just standing there. Letting receivers get behind them is not good. Still proud of all of them, getting up early in morning going to Farragut and being ready to play football. I hate Farragut. Over all I'm pleased with the 2 teams play, to be new to a position and do well is always go. Did I mention that I hate Farragut?  But I do like to say:

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL