Clinton vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did sound that way but no, they knew their positions. Only that no one knew if they would play, start or ride the pine. Kinda sounded like the coaches hadn't make up their minds til monday morning. Just heard two parents talking and that's what their kids told them. Guess it would be termed hear-say in court but we ain't in court. Sorry to cause confusion.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

This might be the deal. 7 or 8 freshmen were asked on Sunday to stay and play JV as back-ups. After the freshman game, there was some confusion as to if they would play or not. Communication didn't seem clear as to the need, but we get our info from 14 year olds. Three stayed (Clark, Miner, and Kimbro) and played a lot. No big deal. Coaches are trying to develop freshmen and JV players. A lot of factors are involved. I was impressed by having so many active coaches at the game. Maybe Graham and Sprat were missing?

Expect a lot more to play with the JV in the future. Probably Mortl, Gross, Jackson, Mlekodaj (Melkodi) if he gets healthy. Maybe more. Might be tougher for the big linemen in the heat

Edited by OR nole

I saw 11 on the bench, cause I counted them, wondered why they stayed after the freshman game.  And Sprat was there them.

Many were on the sideline because their bus had not left yet. Three stayed. Kimbro had to punt early. All got to rest a while before playing. Kyndall Clark really looked like he belonged starting on the JV and will push the two starting varsity sophs at inside linebacker next year. I think he will be much better than brother Zak. Surprised Mortl didn't stay because Fadneck was the only JV QB at the game.

Edited by OR nole

Many were on the sideline because their bus had not left yet. Three stayed. Kimbro had to punt early. All got to rest a while before playing. Kyndall Clark really looked like he belonged starting on the JV.Surprised Mortl didn't stay because Fadneck was the only JV QB at the game.

Mortl looks tiny out there, or is it just me? He looks to have good speed, though. Also seems to have a good arm to be so tiny. Seems pretty agile back there.