Crockett @ Science Hill - week 2

blazer1set

Were any of you guys calling this classless even there???  I admit that I wasn't (I'm currently seven hours away, or I would have been) but from what I could gather from Don Helman's (sp?) incompetent play by play was "Toppers hand it off to -insert name here-, 45 50, 45 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown Science Hill."

For you "idiots", Stacy is darned if he does, or darned if he doesn't.  If he would have started taking a knee in the 1st half, you would accuse of him of making a mockery of Crockett and of the game.

We all know this wasn't the most a team has been beaten in the history of high school football.

Game over...moving on.

The trash talking does go on every week but I'd never seen one school call out another school and call them n*ggers until this week, and I've seen years of trash talking. Crockett's attacks were personal. They were low. They were CLASSLESS.

Alumn,

Your post makes little since.  If people did indeed make race an issue, it would make no sense.  I have seen the team pictures for Crockett and Science Hill.  The percentage of minorities is the same.  One player (a basketball player) saying Crockett got what they deserved is not everyone.  Also, there is always some form of trash talk and players/cooaches can't control what fans say or tweet.  I highly doubt that any player made the remarks you claim, but I would not put it past a fan.  However all that little twitter/or whatever crap you are claiming does not matter.  Because what showed on the field is what coach Carter did.  No excuse.  

And Carter is the one that absolutely cried and threw a ###### fit at the jamboree when DB was going to go for 2 and take an 8-7 lead.  Clark gave up on that and just kicked an extra point.  Alumn, some of your points might be valid, but what showed on the field is what counts.  Show some class

This. Karma just bit Crockett in the backside. Did they really think they were going to call the Science Hill students and players n*ggers and get away with it? They didn't think that may just light a fire under the Toppers like no other? They should probably watch what they say to the rest of the opponents this season. They need to be taught some respect.

So what your saying is that because some 15 and 16 year olds said some stupid crap on the internet, its ok for grown men to be classless in real life in return?? You need to check your logic. 90 points just doesn't "happen." The coaches could have stopped it at 60, 70, 80...

Were any of you guys calling this classless even there???  I admit that I wasn't (I'm currently seven hours away, or I would have been) but from what I could gather from Don Helman's (sp?) incompetent play by play was "Toppers hand it off to -insert name here-, 45 50, 45 40, 30, 20, 10, touchdown Science Hill."

For you "idiots", Stacy is darned if he does, or darned if he doesn't.  If he would have started taking a knee in the 1st half, you would accuse of him of making a mockery of Crockett and of the game.

We all know this wasn't the most a team has been beaten in the history of high school football.

Game over...moving on.

"Don Helman's (sp?) incompetent play by play"....now that we can agree on

So what your saying is that because some 15 and 16 year olds said some stupid crap on the internet, its ok for grown men to be classless in real life in return?? You need to check your logic. 90 points just doesn't "happen." The coaches could have stopped it at 60, 70, 80...

Were you even at the game? Science Hill was scoring with ease. It's not their fault that Crockett is so bad they couldn't stop it. You people act like Science Hill was throwing the ball all over the field to run up the score. You're wrong and if you actually went to the game you would know that. It was run after run after run. The fact that those runs produced major yardage is whose fault? I guess the Toppers should've just fallen down or something after they picked up a few yards......

You might want to check your logic. 90 points does just "happen" when one of the teams is just that bad.

Edited by AlumnI01

bud, were you at the game? Science Hill wasn't throwing the ball all over the field to try and run up the score. It was run after run after run. It's not their fault those runs were producing huge chunks of yardage. Even with Science Hill's 2nd and 3rd strings in for the 2nd half, they were still running the ball with a fair amount of ease on Crockett's 1st team defense. Who's to blame for that? Science Hill is to blame for Crockett's defense simply being that bad? I could understand all the complaining had Science Hill tossed the ball all over the field but that's not what happened. What were the Toppers supposed to do? Fumble every time they touched it? Thrown an interception on the rare time they did pass it? I'm sure that would've made Crockett feel so much better.

Edited by AlumnI01

There comes a point where team etiquette and a coaches character is revealed. I am a firm believer of letting your kids do their job and executing what they have been taught, to the best of their ability. I am as competitive as they come but my mission is not to embarrass my athletes opponent. I will give credit when a performance like that is done in the State Finals.....no class.

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

John Wooden

Were you even at the game? Science Hill was scoring with ease. It's not their fault that Crockett is so bad they couldn't stop it. You people act like Science Hill was throwing the ball all over the field to run up the score. You're wrong and if you actually went to the game you would know that. It was run after run after run. The fact that those runs produced major yardage is whose fault? I guess the Toppers should've just fallen down or something after they picked up a few yards......

Did SH get in the I and run up the middle every play int the 2nd half? Did the coaches tell the kid to run OB after he juked the last defender? Did they use the entire play clock before snapping in the 2nd half. I doubt it. You're right, I wasn't there. But I seriously doubt they did ANY of those things. Tell me I'm wrong.

You might want to check your logic. 90 points does just "happen" when one of the teams is just that bad.