Week 5 - #7 - NCS @ Jo Byrns

ArtVandelayTN

If NCS is without their QB will that be enough to give JB the advantage? 

Tough call - the senior has been banged up all year.  It has kept him from running much (and he's darn good at that) which hasn't affected us a whole lot.  And he'd played very little on D (safety) until last week.  The sophomore has looked quite capable of stepping in but what about his decision-making?  The senior rarely throws ill-advised passes.  Not sure you can expect that from a sophomore.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Tough call - the senior has been banged up all year.  It has kept him from running much (and he's darn good at that) which hasn't affected us a whole lot.  And he'd played very little on D (safety) until last week.  The sophomore has looked quite capable of stepping in but what about his decision-making?  The senior rarely throws ill-advised passes.  Not sure you can expect that from a sophomore.

So it's the #34 show?  I guess if we can stop or limit #34 we've got a chance.  We didn't tackle very well against Eagleville so if we have a repeat performance it could be a long night.  The Devils are playing tough though!  JB would have lost to Eagleville the last two years; this team is better.  We keep saying it but by the end of the year JB could have a pretty dang good team.  They're not going to wow you but they can get the job done; they fight!

So it's the #34 show? I guess if we can stop or limit #34 we've got a chance. We didn't tackle very well against Eagleville so if we have a repeat performance it could be a long night. The Devils are playing tough though! JB would have lost to Eagleville the last two years; this team is better. We keep saying it but by the end of the year JB could have a pretty dang good team. They're not going to wow you but they can get the job done; they fight!

Just get it done Moto. Pound the rock. I don't think they are that physical.

So it's the #34 show?  I guess if we can stop or limit #34 we've got a chance.  We didn't tackle very well against Eagleville so if we have a repeat performance it could be a long night.  The Devils are playing tough though!  JB would have lost to Eagleville the last two years; this team is better.  We keep saying it but by the end of the year JB could have a pretty dang good team.  They're not going to wow you but they can get the job done; they fight!

I would certainly think so on #34.  He's been out of most of our games after the half.  My guess is, you'll see him until the final whistle  :mrgreen: .  You might see some from #81 too.  He had 3 TDs Friday night against Davidson (one pass reception and two punt returns) - quick as all get out. 

Sounds like you guys are shaping up like we did last year.  The team that easily handled CA in the playoffs looked nothing like the team that lost to CA early in the season.  

NCS is certainly getting a lot of press on these message boards as the team to beat in 1A. I am looking forward to seeing them play Friday night, as it should be a great game against Jo Byrns, another talented team in this area. NCSdad1962, what happened to your QB? Hope he is okay. It seems like lots of players from many different teams are suffering injuries early in the season.    

NCS is certainly getting a lot of press on these message boards as the team to beat in 1A. I am looking forward to seeing them play Friday night, as it should be a great game against Jo Byrns, another talented team in this area. NCSdad1962, what happened to your QB? Hope he is okay. It seems like lots of players from many different teams are suffering injuries early in the season.    

We won't know the severity until he's checked out by the Vandy folks tomorrow.  We have 3 boys being seen tomorrow.

LMBO. The 2010 SP team was a decent team, but honestly our teams in 85,86,93,94,95,98,99,2003,2007,2008 and 2009 would have beaten them handily.

This is for Butchie. The 2007 team would have beaten SP's 2010 team by at least 21 points.

But there was someone a little better in 85,86,93,95,98,03,08,&09

The Good News / Bad News

Good News - NCS's injured players were cleared by Vanderbilt Sports Medicine today to play this week.

Bad News - If you're a rabid Jo Byrns' fan you might want to go stay home and watch "wraslin" or put on your finest "camo" and take mama out on the town to Shoney's and skip this game.

"Cause dem dar Eagles are bring'n da Pain Train to dem dar Red Devils Friday night"

Think Oregon v Tennessee beat down style if you need a reference.

eagle1.jpg

The Good News / Bad News

Good News - NCS's injured players were cleared by Vanderbilt Sports Medicine today to play this week.

Bad News - If you're a rabid Jo Byrns' fan you might want to go stay home and watch "wraslin" or put on your finest "camo" and take mama out on the town to Shoney's and skip this game.

"Cause dem dar Eagles are bring'n da Pain Train to dem dar Red Devils Friday night"

Think Oregon v Tennessee beat down style if you need a reference.

eagle1.jpg

Should be good game. Devils pull out big win. Mufflers will be sounding off in Cedar Hill.