Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

cowboypete

wow, are you kidding me? you have not been to any of the games then. it happens every week at every game. in order for tssaa to do anything ,the parents of the kid have to say it happened. my experience was the parents either were going to take the offer or did not want to get involved and get them in any trouble. I did say both private and public recruit kids. this has been going on since you were at BA. most learned from the best ever,former BA coach.

We've covered this topic ad nauseum, and it's driven many people away from this board. If you have something new -- or based in fact -- to contribute, we'll be glad to listen.

We've covered this topic ad nauseum, and it's driven many people away from this board. If you have something new -- or based in fact -- to contribute, we'll be glad to listen.

If I left the board because someone was bad mouthing my school .... well , I just Wouldn't . The Majority of posters on CoachT understand the Trolls and drive by Flamers , I'll never let someone like that run me away from anywhere . Talk to some of the Old posters and try to get them back , make this place what you want it to be . Sorry to preach but every time I hear someone say they don't come anymore because of Small minded people , I just think , Geez grow a backbone ! I miss all the activity we used to have on the DII boards . 

If I left the board because someone was bad mouthing my school .... well , I just Wouldn't . The Majority of posters on CoachT understand the Trolls and drive by Flamers , I'll never let someone like that run me away from anywhere . Talk to some of the Old posters and try to get them back , make this place what you want it to be . Sorry to preach but every time I hear someone say they don't come anymore because of Small minded people , I just think , Geez grow a backbone ! I miss all the activity we used to have on the DII boards .

You're preaching to the choir. I've been a steady member of this site for nearly 15 years. This part of the board used to be hopping! Edited by WesVLT

I realize Maryville has had its share of detractors, but the detractors of DII programs all work from the premise that all DII accomplishments are the product of routine, systematic, and all-pervasive cheating. In the days when I posted regularly here, we talked football. The fact that every topic moves to cheating just sucks any pleasure out of the board. It's not a lack of backbone, just a decision not to spend as much time o a site that's no longer much fun.

I realize Maryville has had its share of detractors, but the detractors of DII programs all work from the premise that all DII accomplishments are the product of routine, systematic, and all-pervasive cheating. In the days when I posted regularly here, we talked football. The fact that every topic moves to cheating just sucks any pleasure out of the board. It's not a lack of backbone, just a decision not to spend as much time o a site that's no longer much fun.

I guess with Maryville being in East Tn and us not really competing for players , it gives us a different view of things from the Public side . I really wouldn't mind if we included all of you guys and just had 3 .... no more than 4 Divisions overall . Making the Gold Balls more challenging to get would be a great thing I believe for the Quality of Football played in Tennessee . Handing out more and more Gold Balls is not a good thing . 

• Upvote 1

I guess with Maryville being in East Tn and us not really competing for players , it gives us a different view of things from the Public side . I really wouldn't mind if we included all of you guys and just had 3 .... no more than 4 Divisions overall . Making the Gold Balls more challenging to get would be a great thing I believe for the Quality of Football played in Tennessee . Handing out more and more Gold Balls is not a good thing .

If this site still had good marks, you'd get one from me.

So when public and private finally split and are governed by separate secondary school associations, these middle school games will have DII coaches swarming. It will be a fun thing to watch, as each school sets up a recruiting table on the sideline with school shakers and school Koozies to give to the future DII prospects.

close to that now. ask Ricky about a basketball player at a middle school he took to eat with his parents. got him and BA in a little bit of trouble. by the way they really helped the kid at UT now,didn't they? It was all about academics wasn't it? all the good tutors couldn't keep him at ensworth. what did he play,maybe 15 games in 3 years? Edited by hardtackle

close to that now. ask Ricky about a basketball player at a middle school he took to eat with his parents. got him and BA in a little bit of trouble. by the way they really helped the kid at UT now,didn't they? It was all about academics wasn't it? all the good tutors couldn't keep him at ensworth. what did he play,maybe 15 games in 3 years?

Every single thread on this board turns into a DII schools cheat discussion. Every one. When do you guys stop? And why don't you explain to me exactly the trouble BA got into. The AD, headmaster and anyone else at the top sure don't know anything yet you do. Maybe you work for the NSA or own your own drone?  And almost everything you and others spout about on here have no basis in fact other than an isolated incident that all know about.  Why is it that i don't see any DII fans, alums, parents, etc. on public school boards making accusations about bending the rules?  because publics never do? I've lived in multiple states where my kids always went to private schools. Have never seen the baloney that goes on here with privates anywhere else. on and on and on and on and on....  

• Upvote 1

Every single thread on this board turns into a DII schools cheat discussion. Every one. When do you guys stop? And why don't you explain to me exactly the trouble BA got into. The AD, headmaster and anyone else at the top sure don't know anything yet you do. Maybe you work for the NSA or own your own drone?  And almost everything you and others spout about on here have no basis in fact other than an isolated incident that all know about.  Why is it that i don't see any DII fans, alums, parents, etc. on public school boards making accusations about bending the rules?  because publics never do? I've lived in multiple states where my kids always went to private schools. Have never seen the baloney that goes on here with privates anywhere else. on and on and on and on and on....  

The best thing to do is TOTALLY IGNORE these posters.  Do NOT respond to them.  Period.

Will they go away? Never in entirety.  But if they don't get the satisfaction of an indignant response they might not be so persistent. 

Most of them are I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T and probably the undistinguished products of the public school system.  They have ZERO perception of what a private school offers over a public school and thus will never understand why some kids want to attend them and why parents make often huge sacrifices so that their kids can, whether they have a lick of athletic prowess or not.

• Upvote 1

Who are you writing about? Ricky ? BA ?

close to that now. ask Ricky about a basketball player at a middle school he took to eat with his parents. got him and BA in a little bit of trouble. by the way they really helped the kid at UT now,didn't they? It was all about academics wasn't it? all the good tutors couldn't keep him at ensworth. what did he play,maybe 15 games in 3 years?