South Pit vs Boyd (Moore man against that Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

That was a cold game. That game made me sick. I think we had close to 500 yards of total offense, and only 6 points to show for it. You guys were just meant to advance. I was looking forward to hosting Alcoa at The Swamp that year. :roflol:

You are right Reaction. Marion had about 100 total yards compared to your 500 and beat you. Boyd also had 5-6 turnovers that cost them.

That was a cold game. That game made me sick. I think we had close to 500 yards of total offense, and only 6 points to show for it.  You guys were just meant to advance. I was looking forward to hosting Alcoa at The Swamp that year.  :roflol:

Mr Ambassador and Reaction, you guys should just let sleeping dogs lie.  Reaction was likely at that game, Ambassador probably wasn't.  I don't remember one single time a BB back just stopped and laid the ball on the ground. MC either stripped or knocked the ball loose each time. Same with interceptions.  Boyd shouldn't have tested the MC defensive backs so often. As far as that stout Boyd defense stopping the MC offense.  I remember the Boyd ball carrier being stripped at the one yard line with something like six plus minutes left in the ballgame.  All the Boyd defense had to do was stop MC cold right there and get the ball back with good field position and plenty of time left to score; couldn't get it done.  MC ripped off two, maybe three first downs, burning all but about 1:30 of the clock and driving the ball out around the fourty yard line before punting. It was no fluke Marion won that game. They earned it on the field with their play.  Boyd lacked a kicker that year. That's the only thing Marion lucked out on. That 2008 MC team had a ridiculous positive turnover ration.   Taking the ball from opposing offense's and not giving it up when they had it was a strength that 2008 team is not given enough credit for.  It helped them win the Boyd game.  That was a classic ball game that should be remembered for how hard each team played; both wanted the win.  Way too much is made of statistics by some folks.  I understand the disappointment Boyd fans (Reaction) feel about those turnovers. I'm proud of the MC players for causing them.  Nothing lucky about their effort.  Nohope will never be reluctant to speak up about this particular ballgame.

Boyd can beat SP this year; I'll be surprised if they pull it off.  Too difficult for a team to contain all that speed for an entire ballgame.  MC will have the same problem later this season.

Mr Ambassador and Reaction, you guys should just let sleeping dogs lie.  Reaction was likely at that game, Ambassador probably wasn't.  I don't remember one single time a BB back just stopped and laid the ball on the ground. MC either stripped or knocked the ball loose each time. Same with interceptions.  Boyd shouldn't have tested the MC defensive backs so often. As far as that stout Boyd defense stopping the MC offense.  I remember the Boyd ball carrier being stripped at the one yard line with something like six plus minutes left in the ballgame.  All the Boyd defense had to do was stop MC cold right there and get the ball back with good field position and plenty of time left to score; couldn't get it done.  MC ripped off two, maybe three first downs, burning all but about 1:30 of the clock and driving the ball out around the fourty yard line before punting. It was no fluke Marion won that game. They earned it on the field with their play.  Boyd lacked a kicker that year. That's the only thing Marion lucked out on. That 2008 MC team had a ridiculous positive turnover ration.   Taking the ball from opposing offense's and not giving it up when they had it was a strength that 2008 team is not given enough credit for.  It helped them win the Boyd game.  That was a classic ball game that should be remembered for how hard each team played; both wanted the win.  Way too much is made of statistics by some folks.  I understand the disappointment Boyd fans (Reaction) feel about those turnovers. I'm proud of the MC players for causing them.  Nothing lucky about their effort.  Nohope will never be reluctant to speak up about this particular ballgame.

Boyd can beat SP this year; I'll be surprised if they pull it off.  Too difficult for a team to contain all that speed for an entire ballgame.  MC will have the same problem later this season.

Only reason you guys scored is we fumbled inside our 5 yard line i think and it took you 4 plays to get it in the endzone. The better team lost that night.  :popcorneater:

Edited by reaction

Mr Ambassador and Reaction, you guys should just let sleeping dogs lie. Reaction was likely at that game, Ambassador probably wasn't. I don't remember one single time a BB back just stopped and laid the ball on the ground. MC either stripped or knocked the ball loose each time. Same with interceptions. Boyd shouldn't have tested the MC defensive backs so often. As far as that stout Boyd defense stopping the MC offense. I remember the Boyd ball carrier being stripped at the one yard line with something like six plus minutes left in the ballgame. All the Boyd defense had to do was stop MC cold right there and get the ball back with good field position and plenty of time left to score; couldn't get it done. MC ripped off two, maybe three first downs, burning all but about 1:30 of the clock and driving the ball out around the fourty yard line before punting. It was no fluke Marion won that game. They earned it on the field with their play. Boyd lacked a kicker that year. That's the only thing Marion lucked out on. That 2008 MC team had a ridiculous positive turnover ration. Taking the ball from opposing offense's and not giving it up when they had it was a strength that 2008 team is not given enough credit for. It helped them win the Boyd game. That was a classic ball game that should be remembered for how hard each team played; both wanted the win. Way too much is made of statistics by some folks. I understand the disappointment Boyd fans (Reaction) feel about those turnovers. I'm proud of the MC players for causing them. Nothing lucky about their effort. Nohope will never be reluctant to speak up about this particular ballgame.

Boyd can beat SP this year; I'll be surprised if they pull it off. Too difficult for a team to contain all that speed for an entire ballgame. MC will have the same problem later this season.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!

NoHope, I knew this would do the trick. We got you out of retirement to talk about it. Now if we can get your twin brother Al Capone to come out as well? LMBO.

We all know the 2008 Marion team was a good team that was led by ONE great player. As for this year's SP team? They have decent speed for SP standards, but not as much as past teams. Boyd can beat anyone on any given night.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!

NoHope, I knew this would do the trick. We got you out of retirement to talk about it. Now if we can get your twin brother Al Capone to come out as well? LMBO.

We all know the 2008 Marion team was a good team that was led by ONE great player. As for this year's SP team? They have decent speed for SP standards, but not as much as past teams. Boyd can beat anyone on any given night.

This year the only given night was against Redbank. They other 4 nights they lost this year.

Only reason you guys scored is we fumbled inside our 5 yard line i think and it took you 4 plays to get it in the endzone. The better team lost that night.  :popcorneater:

I gave you to much credit.  You must not have been at the ball game.  That statement ain't near correct.  Both how we got the ball inside the five and number of plays to get in are both wrong. Boyd moved the ball well between the fifteen/twenty yard lines, not so well inside those areas.  Just poor sportsmanship not to give MC credit.  Again, MC earned that win.  Boyd and MC played twice that year, split wins, and scored exactly the same amount of points against each other. Justify in your mind how Boyd was the better team, but it was MC that advanced. Live with it.  And Mr Ambassador, that 2008 team was much more than one player, however great he may have been.  You don't ride the back of a single player to reach a state semi-final playoff game, and beat the type competition they did along the way.  It was a tough road and they made it as far as they did by playing team ball.  They were picked to finish dead last in their region before the season started.  That team demonstrated just how far team work and determination can take a group of committed high school players. 

Still believe SP wins this game.  And if you two will shut up about that particular game I'll stay gone.

I gave you to much credit.  You must not have been at the ball game.  That statement ain't near correct.  Both how we got the ball inside the five and number of plays to get in are both wrong. Boyd moved the ball well between the fifteen/twenty yard lines, not so well inside those areas.  Just poor sportsmanship not to give MC credit.  Again, MC earned that win.  Boyd and MC played twice that year, split wins, and scored exactly the same amount of points against each other. Justify in your mind how Boyd was the better team, but it was MC that advanced. Live with it.  And Mr Ambassador, that 2008 team was much more than one player, however great he may have been.  You don't ride the back of a single player to reach a state semi-final playoff game, and beat the type competition they did along the way.  It was a tough road and they made it as far as they did by playing team ball.  They were picked to finish dead last in their region before the season started.  That team demonstrated just how far team work and determination can take a group of committed high school players. 

Still believe SP wins this game.  And if you two will shut up about that particular game I'll stay gone.

It has been 5 years since that game and I haven't lost any sleep over it. I think I'll be ok. My opinion stands though...have a good one. 

Boys lets talk about this week's game with Open first and foremost. SP needs to work hard this week to be ready for Open. They can turn their focus to Boyd next week.

Well I think OPEN will be a little pumped being their homecoming game, but injuries across their d-line will hurt and the fact they are picking a dude as homecoming queen will be deflating for OPEN, so I think SP runs away and hides in this one. It will be a good time to get some kids on the field, lets say SP 2,345 OPEN 0 :mrgreen:

Boyd was not a factor against South Pittsburg until 1996 which if I am not mistaken was their first win over South Pittsburg.  There have been some very good games between these two teams.  1998 comes to mind when the Pirates beat Boyd twice that year behind star runningback Eddie Moore.  1999 the Pirates had to drive the length of the field at “The Swamp†to win the regular season game.  I am almost positive that they played again in the 1999 playoffs but I can’t remember that game if they did.  2003 the Pirates had another state contending team but lost 2 games that year….both to Boyd with about the same result on the scoreboard both times.  2008 was one of the best defensive games I have seen besides the 1994 game versus Jasper.  2009 aka the hurricane bowl was a good game which would have been much better for the Pirates if Terrell Robinson had played.   

This has been a good rivalry even though most of the young men on these two teams do not know each other like in a South Pittsburg/Jasper rivalry, however it is always a game I look forward to every year and is a measure stick for both programs.

I gave you to much credit. You must not have been at the ball game. That statement ain't near correct. Both how we got the ball inside the five and number of plays to get in are both wrong. Boyd moved the ball well between the fifteen/twenty yard lines, not so well inside those areas. Just poor sportsmanship not to give MC credit. Again, MC earned that win. Boyd and MC played twice that year, split wins, and scored exactly the same amount of points against each other. Justify in your mind how Boyd was the better team, but it was MC that advanced. Live with it. And Mr Ambassador, that 2008 team was much more than one player, however great he may have been. You don't ride the back of a single player to reach a state semi-final playoff game, and beat the type competition they did along the way. It was a tough road and they made it as far as they did by playing team ball. They were picked to finish dead last in their region before the season started. That team demonstrated just how far team work and determination can take a group of committed high school players.

Still believe SP wins this game. And if you two will shut up about that particular game I'll stay gone.

NoHope, I give credit where credit was due. I will say it again. The 2008 Marion County team was LED by ONE great player. He was the heart and soul of that football team. Players like him don't come around often. My point is this. The 2008 team don't make it out of the first round without him. He was a special player. We don't want you to stay gone NoHope. We like your company in here. Like I said, get your twin brother Al Capone to come out of hiding as well. 😉

Boyd was not a factor against South Pittsburg until 1996 which if I am not mistaken was their first win over South Pittsburg. There have been some very good games between these two teams. 1998 comes to mind when the Pirates beat Boyd twice that year behind star runningback Eddie Moore. 1999 the Pirates had to drive the length of the field at “The Swamp†to win the regular season game. I am almost positive that they played again in the 1999 playoffs but I can’t remember that game if they did. 2003 the Pirates had another state contending team but lost 2 games that year….both to Boyd with about the same result on the scoreboard both times. 2008 was one of the best defensive games I have seen besides the 1994 game versus Jasper. 2009 aka the hurricane bowl was a good game which would have been much better for the Pirates if Terrell Robinson had played.

This has been a good rivalry even though most of the young men on these two teams do not know each other like in a South Pittsburg/Jasper rivalry, however it is always a game I look forward to every year and is a measure stick for both programs.

SP won in the quarterfinals in 99 by about three touchdowns. The game is usually a good one. I'm sure this year is no different. I tried to tell people last year that Boyd would beat SP by 2-3 TDs. People said I was crazy. Boyd was ahead 35-14 before a late TD cut it to 35-21. When I speak you better listen. LMBO