Gerry Bertier's Weekly Playoff Update

Gerry Bertier

I don't think you can fault a team who has earned home field advantage simply because they do not have a true homefield. I'm sure east is not the only school who plays away from an on campus site. Look at teams like father Ryan who did not have a homefield for the longest time. I think white house plays away from campus. Lipscomb plays away from campus. Etc.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can fault a team who has earned home field advantage simply because they do not have a true homefield. I'm sure east is not the only school who plays away from an on campus site. Look at teams like father Ryan who did not have a homefield for the longest time. I think white house plays away from campus. Lipscomb plays away from campus. Etc.

It doesn't have anything to do with playing on campus.  You just have to have adequate facilities.  If you don't...you are responsible for securing them. 

Here is the new rule, so it looks like this year Quads 1 and 3 would be the host.

Agreed that this is confusing. Thanks for helping work through this.

So since this is the first year of new rule for the semis we start with Quad 1 and Quad 3 hosting this year. Last year has no impact on this year?

Why does TSSAA site have Fairview on top of the district? Fairview AA 11 5 1 235 82 6 1 276 94 ,Camden,Stewart County,Creek Wood,Montgomery Central,East Hickman ,Hickman County,Waverly Lewis County AA 11 4 0 155 84 6 0 226 122 ,East Hickman,Camden,Hickman County,Fairview ,Waverly,Stewart County,Creek Wood,Montgomery Central

because Fairview has played more district games than Lewis but Lewis beat Fairview it will change this week because Fairview does not play this week and Lewis plays Waverly!

The teams that interest me are the "bubble" teams. Teams like Milan who has won 2 games, but will most likely get into the playoffs with 4 wins after beating Huntington or Dyersburg (and Obion). It looks like Stewart may miss the playoffs unless they can upset East, Lewis, Camden or Hickman. Both Smith Co. and Tyner have a real chance to get from 2 wins to 5 wins with their remaining schedule.  S. Gibson has a long road to hoe to get another win with 4 tough games remaining. CAK is at two wins and could get to 4 or 5 wins through Livingston, Kingston and Belfry Ky. They won't get to 6 because of Alcoa. How many 4 win teams will get in is the question. I think as many as 10 teams could finish with at least 4 wins.  

Bertier, thanks for all the work that you put in to put this together. You have proven to be a football nut like so many of us.

Thanks, I always look forward to this time of the year. Tons of excitement surrounding the playoffs, and I like to keep as many fans, players and coaches informed as possible.

Is there some reason that the T$$AA is not posting a link on their web site to the weekly updates? In past years it has allways been posted but I have not seen it this year. I found it last week from a posting on this web site.

Who needs them when you have me?  :mrgreen: