Giles County @ Ensworth

JAFO

CPA is even closer to Brentwood Academy and they do not play.

Hats off to the Giles County young men for giving it their all. Thought they played a very respectable game, considering they were outsized and outmatched at every position on the field. I don't get why CPA & Ensworth don't play each other with it being basically walking distance between the two schools.

GC defense was actually way better than the score shows.  The special teams on the other hand were possibly the worst ive seen at any level,  The O looked scared to death out there early.

Ensworth was as advertised, they pay for a winning team and they have one,   Huge up front.  Best of luck in DII from here on out.

Hats off to the Giles County young men for giving it their all. Thought they played a very respectable game, considering they were outsized and outmatched at every position on the field. I don't get why CPA & Ensworth don't play each other with it being basically walking distance between the two schools.

CPA has never dodged anyone. In last 10 years they have scheduled out of district: Ensworth(2),Riverdale(2), Murphy, N.C.(2), BGA (2), MBA(2), Boyd Buchanan(2), Goodpasture (almost every year), Ft. Campbell(2), Father Ryan(2), ECS, Fairview, Milan, Maplewood, and Brentwood. Not many teams would voluntarily do that. 

CPA has never dodged anyone. In last 10 years they have scheduled out of district: Ensworth(2),Riverdale(2), Murphy, N.C.(2), BGA (2), MBA(2), Boyd Buchanan(2), Goodpasture (almost every year), Ft. Campbell(2), Father Ryan(2), ECS, Fairview, Milan, Maplewood, and Brentwood. Not many teams would voluntarily do that.

Wasn't even implying they were dodging anyone. Simply my opinion that it would be pretty good football between the two schools.

Giles survived the U of E last night. Although they were no match Giles played much, much better than the score indicated. Giving up short fields ALL night + a snap over the punters head into the endzone for a TD took away what could have been a competitive score. Credit the U of E's defense. #27 is your best player on D. That young man brings it every down. Giles own Rico was their best player overall. Giles had no answer for their down three. Giles D actually played a good game. Held #10 to 38 yards but couldn't stop all the weapons all the time. Other than one play Giles secondary shut them down for the most part. I'm interested to see how the U of E folks rate the performance of Giles.

That was the best team of athletes across the board I have seen in high school football. From top to bottom every player was above anything I have seen from a athletic point of view. Nobody will touch them. Comparing them to CPA? I would love to see that match-up. CPA is better coached but there are just too many athletes at U of E to overcome.

Giles schedule has prepared them for a run this year. I have no doubt. Our young men held their heads high after the game. Disappointed in the loss but now they know they are ready for a 4a run. Go Bobcats! :ugeek:

The cpa coach played for the Ensworth coach in high school when the Ensworth coach was winning state championships at MBA

Giles survived the U of E last night. Although they were no match Giles played much, much better than the score indicated. Giving up short fields ALL night + a snap over the punters head into the endzone for a TD took away what could have been a competitive score. Credit the U of E's defense. #27 is your best player on D. That young man brings it every down. Giles own Rico was their best player overall. Giles had no answer for their down three. Giles D actually played a good game. Held #10 to 38 yards but couldn't stop all the weapons all the time. Other than one play Giles secondary shut them down for the most part. I'm interested to see how the U of E folks rate the performance of Giles.

That was the best team of athletes across the board I have seen in high school football. From top to bottom every player was above anything I have seen from a athletic point of view. Nobody will touch them. Comparing them to CPA? I would love to see that match-up. CPA is better coached but there are just too many athletes at U of E to overcome.

Giles schedule has prepared them for a run this year. I have no doubt. Our young men held their heads high after the game. Disappointed in the loss but now they know they are ready for a 4a run. Go Bobcats! :ugeek:

Wasn't even implying they were dodging anyone. Simply my opinion that it would be pretty good football between the two schools.

Didn't mean to jump on you, but someone had asked why CPA did not play EN and BA and they have played EN but not BA. I would bet (don't know) a CPA/BA game has been discussed but never come together. With the teams CPA has scheduled in the past (MBA,Ryan,EN,Brentwood), would guess CPA has not been the reason they have not played. They finally played Brentwood for the first time this year. I would love for CPA to play CAK regularly. The new Milan rivalry is really nice. Games like this get you ready for the playoffs just like Alcoa playing Maryville.