Possible Oakland vs Maryville in semi-finals

cavman931

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna failed the Maryville test. Riverdale failed the Maryville test. Siegel failed the Maryville test. I'm anxious to see if Oakland could fare better....

NO! Hate to break the news to you but your sentence will end... "Oakland failed the Maryville test and didn't fare any better than any of the others"...

Man I bet Rutherford County wishes that all of their county talent went to only 2 schools instead of 7 6A schools...

All it would take is going back to 'open zone' and they could.  Actually what would be best is load one 6A school and Eagleville which is in another category.   Sound familiar?  LOL

As to the matchup, it is WAY too early.

I will say Oaklands defense is better  than all the ones mentioned though, but their offense is not as explosive as Siegel's was last year.  Different type of team.  They are not a good 'come back' team.

BTW Maryville is NOT a team.  They are a touchdown MACHINE!

I was only making the point that Maryville gets almost all of the county talent. It doesn't get diluted anything like Rutherford/Sumner/Wilson county

I think Rutherford County has showed that the new schools don't really dilute the talent. Got 3 legit championship teams this year, where the level of play in the other two counties has suffered. It's a greater source of pride to me that 7-AAA is one of the toughest districts fom top to bottom as opposed to having just one or two great teams.