Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 8

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with Dyersburg last week. I have seen many state championship games, when I played and since as a spectator. They are good enough to make it to Cookeville. All the tools are their. If they get there, don't think they will have anything for Greenville or Fulton, but they can get there.

is dyersburg better than covington from last season bpm

Hey Gerry, I appreciate what you figure out for us and I know nobody really gives a hoot about my team (Sequoyah), but a quick question, do all District Champions and District Runner-ups get a first round home game?  Because if that's true, there is maybe 19 teams, who could finish with a Championship or Runnerup, fighting for 16 spots basically.  Just worried my Chiefs may fall into one of those teams who get a runner-up but then be on the road.

Hey Gerry, I appreciate what you figure out for us and I know nobody really gives a hoot about my team (Sequoyah), but a quick question, do all District Champions and District Runner-ups get a first round home game? Because if that's true, there is maybe 19 teams, who could finish with a Championship or Runnerup, fighting for 16 spots basically. Just worried my Chiefs may fall into one of those teams who get a runner-up but then be on the road.

You are correct about your assumption there will be some teams in Quad 1 and 2 that are district runner ups that will be on the road.

My 4A prediction! I think that the State Champ in 4A will come from the East. An even more bold prediction is I give Q1 a 75% chance it will come from that Quad and a 25% chance it will come from Q2. Quarter final round will be Q1 Fulton vs Greenville, Q2 will be Signal Mountain vs Giles County and the rest Q3 Pearl vs White House and Q4 Trez vs Dyersburg. Semis Fulton vs Signal and Pearl vs Trez with Fulton vs Pearl in the finals .....Fulton wins it all!  That's all I got to say about that!

way to go out on a limb and take all the 1 and 2 seeds...also...pc will not be playing for the title...enjoy ur week payner

is dyersburg better than covington from last season bpm

Yes.  Covington last season was fast and executed very well.  Athletes all over the place.  Dyersburg is very comparable in speed and execution, but what truly amazed me was their size.  They got some big 'ole boys.  Much more physical than the Covington team last year.  If they played Haywood again..... now that they are healthy..... it would not be close. 

I don't understand all the playoff stuff and don't pretend to. But, can you tell me why Giles county is always in the east when we are further west of other teams in the playoff picture?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but i believe this is why; even though Giles is a natural quad 3 school and slightly farther west then some teams from the Nashville area they (Giles) are closer milage wise to Chattanooga than is Nashville. And since the quads are filled in from east to west, most quad two schools are from the chattanooga area and due to trying to limit travel Giles gets into quad two by virtue of slightly less travel distance.

Although the year Giles won state they were in quad 3.

Edited by 95cats