What coaches are on the Hot Seat?

Vols1234

Macon county and portland

How can the coach at Portland be on the hot seat unless the administration are idiots. That team is takin spitballs to gunfights every week. There are no good players in Portland right now. No matter what old coach and lawn mower man believe. They ran off two of their own in Beaver and Curry. Town is fun of people living in the 90's. Coach Perry knew when it was the right time to leave. Smallest staff in 9AAA with only 5 coaches to do varsity, jv, and freshman. STUPID!

IMO William blounts coach should be on the hot seat.

You are absolutely ridiculous, my friend....How could you want a first year coach put on the hot seat....with the exception of you and your buddy, everyone knew he was coming into a rebuilding job, and you are wanting to put him on the hot seat already.  What a joke....

You are absolutely ridiculous, my friend....How could you want a first year coach put on the hot seat....with the exception of you and your buddy, everyone knew he was coming into a rebuilding job, and you are wanting to put him on the hot seat already. What a joke....

the facts don't lie my friend.... WB finished 2-8 in a down year for the district and with an easier out of conference schedule. Gregory managed to win us 3 games every year and he had to play sevier county every year and the conference was stronger. What does that mean? Our team got worse under ridge . Yea I understand you have to give a coach time but that doesn't mean we should be fine with getting worse . If ridge had won 4 or 5 games we wouldn't even be having this conversation .

the facts don't lie my friend.... WB finished 2-8 in a down year for the district and with an easier out of conference schedule. Gregory managed to win us 3 games every year and he had to play sevier county every year and the conference was stronger. What does that mean? Our team got worse under ridge . Yea I understand you have to give a coach time but that doesn't mean we should be fine with getting worse . If ridge had won 4 or 5 games we wouldn't even be having this conversation .

You talk about the WB job as if all the top coaches are out there just waiting for that job to come open.....well let me tell you, "not many people want the job".....so give the guy some time and see what he can do, see if he makes adjustments.  I am not happy or satisfied with 2 wins, but I have a brain, and I understand that the coaching carousel that has been at WB is not the answer.

I was at the Hardin Valley game, and a "idiot" that I know walks up beside me and says, "if Ridge can't do better than this, we need to run him off".  I look at him, and say "and then what", "who would you hire then"....of course, he has no answer, his only answer was to run the coach off.  This was the 3rd game of the coaches first year.  I told him the same thing I have been trying to tell you, "not many people want this job, it is not as if WB is some storied program with great coaches wanting to come there."  Of course, he was a lot like you, he didn't want to hear that and kept walking.  If Ridge has not made any improvement in the product in another year or two, or if he makes no effort to make some adjustments, then I won't be so quick to take up for him, but to be calling for him to be on the hot seat after one year is "stupid".  But that is just my opinion.

You talk about the WB job as if all the top coaches are out there just waiting for that job to come open.....well let me tell you, "not many people want the job".....so give the guy some time and see what he can do, see if he makes adjustments.  I am not happy or satisfied with 2 wins, but I have a brain, and I understand that the coaching carousel that has been at WB is not the answer.

I was at the Hardin Valley game, and a "idiot" that I know walks up beside me and says, "if Ridge can't do better than this, we need to run him off".  I look at him, and say "and then what", "who would you hire then"....of course, he has no answer, his only answer was to run the coach off.  This was the 3rd game of the coaches first year.  I told him the same thing I have been trying to tell you, "not many people want this job, it is not as if WB is some storied program with great coaches wanting to come there."  Of course, he was a lot like you, he didn't want to hear that and kept walking.  If Ridge has not made any improvement in the product in another year or two, or if he makes no effort to make some adjustments, then I won't be so quick to take up for him, but to be calling for him to be on the hot seat after one year is "stupid".  But that is just my opinion.

I agree 100%  Great to meet you last night Jake. It's sorta like these UT Fans wanting Butch Jones fired. Butch Jones and Justin Ridge walked into a tough situation.

I agree 100%  Great to meet you last night Jake. It's sorta like these UT Fans wanting Butch Jones fired. Butch Jones and Justin Ridge walked into a tough situation.

Thanks Ron, it was great meeting you guys.  You have always been a gracious and humble poster, good to put a face with the name.

It is a sad sign of the times that we are even having this post.  High School Coaches now are under the same pressure of college coaches "to win soon and often."  High School coaches differ somewhat from college coaches in that they have to play the students zoned for their school and can't go out and recruit players.  The facilities that the High School coaches deal with are dictated by the whims of Politicians and not the generosity of a booster. High School Coaches have it rough.  They are low paid for the time they must spend building/maintaining a program.  They must forfeit their summers to condition the players for the upcoming season.  I think the days of coaches staying at one school for a long career maybe over with.  Just like college coaches.

We all have good years and bad years in our chosen profession.  What if our employers decided to turn everyone over after a bad year?

Edited by TheCommissioner

It is a sad sign of the times that we are even having this post. High School Coaches now are under the same pressure of college coaches "to win soon and often." High School coaches differ somewhat from college coaches in that they have to play the students zoned for their school and can't go out and recruit players. The facilities that the High School coaches deal with are dictated by the whims of Politicians and not the generosity of a booster. High School Coaches have it rough. They are low paid for the time they must spend building/maintaining a program. They must forfeit their summers to condition the players for the upcoming season. I think the days of coaches staying at one school for a long career maybe over with. Just like college coaches.

We all have good years and bad years in our chosen profession. What if our employers decided to turn everyone over after a bad year.

I'm sure ole GOVS91 has a perfect response to this...look forward to reading it!

It is a sad sign of the times that we are even having this post.  High School Coaches now are under the same pressure of college coaches "to win soon and often."  High School coaches differ somewhat from college coaches in that they have to play the students zoned for their school and can't go out and recruit players.  The facilities that the High School coaches deal with are dictated by the whims of Politicians and not the generosity of a booster. High School Coaches have it rough.  They are low paid for the time they must spend building/maintaining a program.  They must forfeit their summers to condition the players for the upcoming season.  I think the days of coaches staying at one school for a long career maybe over with.  Just like college coaches.

We all have good years and bad years in our chosen profession.  What if our employers decided to turn everyone over after a bad year. 

That is a great post and spot on.