Grundy at Upperman Round 1

MountainDillard

Conner York ran for 71 yards, closing out the regular season with 1,760 rushing yards and 26 touchdowns. With his 145-yard, five-touchdown passing effort, he ends the regular season with 1,753 yards and 27 touchdowns. York is fourth in quarterback rushing yards in a season in the TSSAA record book. His 53 combined rushing and passing touchdowns for a season is currently fifth in the TSSAA, with the playoff yet to be played

1) no

2) yes

And we must be talking about two completely Evans. C'mon, do you really think it was mere coincidence that he led the team to some spectacular back-to-back 1-9 seasons while he was head coach? Apparently even some Grundy county fans aren't happy with their coaches either. I knew him fairly well too, he was a great guy but whatever he tried to do as the head coach didn't work. He also took over coach V's workout program and turned it into a joke.

So, you answered my first question saying he was not a head coach there and then said he was with two back to back 1-9 seasons.  That is confusing.  Also, if he had 1-9 seasons with the Seniors now it is because at that time you were probably young and inexperienced. If he was not head coach there and you folks were not running the option he was probably running someone else's stuff.  One of the best coaches in the state is Ken Colquette, and I know for a fact if he has the opportunity Evens will be his first hire. Whether it is practice or a game he is coaching someone every play.  That is what Ken demands or you will hear about it. I am not going to pretend to know what Grundy's problem is but it is not because of Evans. He had a program going in right direction at Marion County, and when his best athletes became Seniors the assistant principal there fired Evans and named himself head coach, because as he said in paper he could not find anyone more qualified than himself, or something like that.  From what I understand Boeck is a good guy and doing a great job at Signal MTN. and may be next in line for that job, but what he did to Evans is something I would never ever do as a coach.  The following year Boeck took those Seniors to the third round of the playoffs, and looked like the greatest coach in the world to only be unsuccessful the next two years and fired.  Sometimes what goes around does come back around.  Evans has been through a lot. He will be fine though.