Bradlee Centrull vizits tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

... , You're the kind of Fan that makes High School Football the very best Football there is in my view . .... I salute you sir , and all Great High School football fans just like you .

Well said pepvol. Hats off to alt1958.

Oh and that BCHS 1976 team was pretty dang good.

Edited by StarRaider

Here is a nice article which gives some history about the Bears. 

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/oct/25/bradley-playing-its-1000th-football-game/

Here is the Bears record vs. schools from Blount County:

Bradley     0    Alcoa                 2     

Bradley     4    Everett               1

Bradley     5    Heritage              1

Bradley     6    Maryville             3   Tie   2

Bradley     4    Maryville Polytechnic 0

Bradley     3    William Blount        7 

BS2007: I've always heard the school referred to as Bradley Central.

Here is a nice article which gives some history about the Bears. 

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/oct/25/bradley-playing-its-1000th-football-game/

Here is the Bears record vs. schools from Blount County:

Bradley     0    Alcoa                 2     

Bradley     4    Everett               1

Bradley     5    Heritage              1

Bradley     6    Maryville             3   Tie   2

Bradley     4    Maryville Polytechnic 0

Bradley     3    William Blount        7 

BS2007: I've always heard the school referred to as Bradley Central.

RR, Mairvul haz one ov tha werst reccurds agin Bradlee........Evun if thay ain't played cents 1947........Looks like tha boys frum Cowntee Farm Rode ere doin' ok tho.......  :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Maryville Polytechnic was located at the present site of Maryville High School. This is looking towards Broadway. (It was called Main Street at the time.) The white building would be at the East corner of the stadium.

MaryvillePolytechnic_zps989266d9.png

RR if'un ewe look rite inn tha middull ewe cain sea tha old yeller house thait was jist teared down a cupple years ago att tha cornur ov Broadway and Norf Houstun St.......Tha Polly-teck-neeks skool wuz rite whur tha old Jim wuz inn my time att MHS....And tha White House wood bee on tha eastern side ov tha Skeetur........ :popcorneater:

Kenny Hooper and crew if eye reemimburr rite StarRaider..... :popcorneater:

Sir if you can remember opponent running back's numbers some 37 years after they played, I will have to trust you on that! Kenny Hooper was the QB I think ... alt1958 would know for sure, the Bears had a back named Wooden, Louie Alford was the coach, one of my friends Eddie Albornoz played on the line... he was one tough hombre'. Let's see Greg Geren was a really good DB on that team. And I think 'ol Bobby Delay had transferred back to BCHS that season from CHS, he switched back and forth about every year somehow. The Bears beat Cleveland 21-13 that year before beating Jackson Central Merry something like 50-49 for the AAA championship. And one of my favorite coaches Coach Z went over to the enemy that season to boot!

Edited by StarRaider

Sir if you can remember opponent running back's numbers some 37 years after they played, I will have to trust you on that! Kenny Hooper was the QB I think ... alt1958 would know for sure, the Bears had a back named Wooden, Louie Alford was the coach, one of my friends Eddie Albornoz played on the line... he was one tough hombre'. Let's see Greg Geren was a really good DB on that team. And I think 'ol Bobby Delay had transferred back to BCHS that season from CHS, he switched back and forth about every year somehow. The Bears beat Cleveland 21-13 that year before beating Jackson Central Merry something like 50-49 for the AAA championship. And one of my favorite coaches Coach Z went over to the enemy that season to boot!

Ha ha...thainks StarRaider.......Thait's whut happens when'st yore yung....Eye cain reemimburr stuff frum 35+ yeers cleerlee and cain't reemimburr whut happened yisterdee now.... Evun tho eye beeleeve Hooper wood haiv onlee ben a soffmoore durin' tha '76 footbawl seesun.... :huh:

Eye'm knott shore what possishun Kenny played att BCHS, butt eye nose he wuz a runnin' baick fer Ole Miss and he wuz signed bye formur Bradlee grait and Ole Miss head coach, Steve Sloan.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Kinny Hooper did play for Bradley back in the day, but he graduated in 79.  Not likely he contributed during the 1976 championship run.  He was a RB.

Bobby Delay was the kicker.  Other player names I recall were Chuck Atchley, David White, and others.. Greg Geren was QB when I saw them play...can't remember if it was beyond 76 or not.

And, yes, Eddie Albornoz was a beast...a real old-school head-knocker.

Edited by CheckerboardEndzone

Scott Kyle was the quarterback on the '76 state title team. The Bears won 50-48 in 3 OT's. Kyle scored 32 points including the winning 2 point conversion. It stood as the state record for most point scored by one player in a playoff game for many years. Danny Wooden and Franklin Elmore were the running backs that led the Bears during '76. Hooper was prominent in the later '70's.

When did Bradley County become Bradley Central? 

'Cleveland High School' opened in 1886 on the south side of the city. In 1916 it was closed and moved to 'Charleston Pike', now known as North Ocoee Street at the present site of Ocooe Middle School. When it opened in 1916 it opened as 'Central High School'. In 1921 the name was changed to 'Bradley County High School' and then 'Bradley Central' in 1947.