Bradlee Centrull vizits tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

I would like to know where this Ref crew was from .... not Bowling Green KY was it !! lol 

Well I want to know when the hurdling rule was changed. Bradley's Rue Goldston did that on National TV against Cleveland 2 years ago and it was a 15 yard personal foul. Not complaining about the play, just what is up with that rule.

Should have been a penalty for jumping over a defender. I have not seen that called in years...and it wasn't last night.

Someone sent a text to a local coordinator we all know, and he said no penalty. On the TV replay I saw, the defender appeared to have left his feet  and was coming in real low. I'd protect my knees too if I was 22.

Fellers hit wuz a good waik-up cawl......BC haid a vurry nice gaim plan.....4 orr 5 wides.....clearin' out tha zoan and runnin a shaller crossin' patturn undurneeth and droppin hit oft underneath dinkin' and dunkin'.....Thair QB wuz vurry good, big kid wif a rockit arm.....And eye thawt #1 fer tham wuz a nice runnur two keap ewe oft ballunce.....

Mairvul wuz flat inn tha furst haif........Looked like tha Brainurd gaim a few yeer ago......Haid a cupple fumbulls......Dropped a cupple ov big passes....And haid sum killer penalties att tha rong time.....

Prevo showed me a lott ov leedership twonite and wuz blockin hiz tale oft...Eye allso saw Tillery blockin' well att WR two....And hit wuz good two see tham anser wif 28 strait points beeefour Bradlee scorred one on tha reeserves lait....

Pep iz rite thes fanz we haiv ere so spoilt.....So now 10-1 MoEast Hurricanes brang a storm two tha Skeetur......Hits time fer tha teem two play like hits tha laist gaim ov thar lifes and Mairvul fanz two git thair tales inn tha stainds beefour 7:00 necks Fridee.....

Good ketchin' upp wif Jake.....We nead moore time so me and Jake cain tell each othur a few moore stories..... :popcorneater:

If you guys remember I said watch out for that little passing attack. It is not that bad.

BTW Standifer (#3) was a single year transfer. The QB of the future is Copeland (#10) who is a Freshman and played late.

Bradley has been hot and cold the last few weeks after losing 3 games by a total of 5 points. The better Bradley team showed up. One thing about us Bears. We never say never, and we never quit. You may beat us, but you will know we were there.

Maryville came out in the second half and did what great teams do. They won. Congratulations and keep on keeping on. You are still the team I expect, and there is no shame in losing as long I know our Bears played hard, and to their best.

Edited by alt1958

I guess the World Aint coming to an end... East Tenn teams minus Alcoa just don't Believe that they can beat yall... Plus to have Coach GQ has to help   :wub:

You know, those of us in SE Tennessee, say Maryville has to prove that they can beat us. They did that last night.

That said we recognize quality when we see it.

The rule is, you can't lead with your foot/feet.  "Hurdling" a player is leading with your feet.  Saw it in the Bradley/Cleveland example stated above, and the same year Cleveland's Chad Voytik did it to a defender vs. Red Bank. Both penalties.

Exactly. And I am not belittling the effort. I just don't like rules applied differently. Bradley has been penalized a few times in recent years by little known rules, but for some reason it does not apply elsewhere. THAT bugs the heck out of me. Not that a rule is applied, but that it is selectively applied.

For you guys who may not have seen this here is the link to the You Tube clip of the ESPN Broadcast of that play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvLTH4wJyZc

Edited by alt1958

I agree with posters saying that Garretts run on 3rd and ten was huge. Bradley Central came to play tonight. Hard to believe they were 5-5. Bradley had some darn good skill players. Talked to a Bradley coach after the game. He told me the QB was hurt and missed some games.

Maryville played much better the 2nd half. Prevo was a monster tonight. Prevo showed a lot of leadership tonight.

Standifer got his ankle hurt in the Cleveland game, and really has not been nearly as effective running the ball since. that has hurt some of the running attack, since most of that was read option style.

One thing I kept expecting with Bradley's success throwing and clearing out the LB's, was a true QB draw right up the gut.  They ran the QB to the edges on straight runs, but they never had him take a couple of steps back and then run him up the gut, I thought that would have been an extremely successful play that they never run.  Maybe the post above about the QB having a tender ankle is the reason why, although he looked like his ankle was fine to me, great athlete.

One thing I kept expecting with Bradley's success throwing and clearing out the LB's, was a true QB draw right up the gut.  They ran the QB to the edges on straight runs, but they never had him take a couple of steps back and then run him up the gut, I thought that would have been an extremely successful play that they never run.  Maybe the post above about the QB having a tender ankle is the reason why, although he looked like his ankle was fine to me, great athlete.

Before the injury in the first half of the Cleveland game Standifer was running very well, both with QB draws and Read Option plays.