Bradlee Centrull vizits tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

What were the Bradley fans saying about Prevo's last TD? I need a source from the other side.

You could tell the hurdling rule had been used against them in the past. They were immediately screaming for the penalty. As bad as Maryville fans thought the refs were, Bradley thought the same. To me, right or wrong, seemed like everything against Maryville in first half and against Bradley in second half. When Bradley's coach called timeout to argue the hurdling issue the ref looked like a deer in headlights.

You could tell the hurdling rule had been used against them in the past. They were immediately screaming for the penalty. As bad as Maryville fans thought the refs were, Bradley thought the same. To me, right or wrong, seemed like everything against Maryville in first half and against Bradley in second half. When Bradley's coach called timeout to argue the hurdling issue the ref looked like a deer in headlights.

If I was the ref I would be too. Coach Floyd was  championship wrestler at BCHS in his day, and held the rushing record for a while with over 1700 yards in a season. Bradley lost in the playoffs to Farragut that year after 7 overtimes.

Edited by alt1958

Small world: Came home last night and told my oldest son about the hurdling "non-call". He informed me he worked with a guy in Chattanooga who refs on the side and told my son last week about a hurdling call that guy made in a BC game a year or two ago. He even showed the play to him on the web. Definitely made more sense why BC got so irate.

The TSSAA is going to have to address all the horrible refs before they destroy the product we all love so much. I know it's easy to see the game from the stands because the action happens so fast but some of the clowns that are let out on the field today takes the cake. I watched the clock operator a few weeks ago at a Maryville game let eight seconds tick off the clock after the player ran out of bounce. The same guy has done this a dozen times over the past few years and he'll be right back next year to do it again .The idiot that made the bad call in the championship gave the TSSAA a big black eye right on television for everyone to see last year and crap like that goes on everywhere and it needs to be cleaned up fast before the damage really gets done.

Screenshot_2013-11-09-11-16-15-1.png

The way the hurdling rule was explained back when Bradley Central was penalized vs Cleveland was that it is legal if the defender is bending down (preparing to tackle) and not standing up. It was considered too dangerous for a runner to leap a defender that was in the standing position. As pictured above, this play was perfectly legal for Maryville. And I am a die-hard BCHS fan.

Edited by baconbreath

My source in the locker room said GQ was very calm and simply told the team the coaches had done all they could do to get them ready, it was up to the team. Coach obviously knew what buttons to push.

GQ has been more heated in the past (at times), but calm would not be accurate for last night @ halftime

The way the hurdling rule was explained back when Bradley Central was penalized vs Cleveland was that it is legal if the defender is bending down (preparing to tackle) and not standing up. It was considered too dangerous for a runner to leap a defender that was in the standing position. As pictured above, this play was perfectly legal for Maryville. And I am a die-hard BCHS fan.

That might be how it was "explained" but hurdling is hurdling. I disagree with the concept. Sorry, but it is a bad rule, period.