South Pittsburg 2013 Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Yes we can agree. But we also need to agree that coach Moore did the right thing by not allowing his team to shake hands. Too much on the line to have risked that

It was unfortunate but a safe move.  It could have been like that scene in Tomstone where Val Kilmer (Doc Holiday) winked and it went down hill from there. I still think the refs did a poor job of managing this game early on and should have been neutral but firm. 

Edited by rlh

Old Pirate is glad someone finally came on here and admitted fault. Word is film show our players being hit from behind below the belt 20 yds behind the sophmore RB that broke the last long run, then another being slugged multiple times. Suppose they were the two CF players ejected?

maybe so if they were guilty i hope they are dealt with properly. from both sides. those two kids obviously forgot the actions tssaa took against coalfield for LV brawl. Wow old pirate, i cannot believe you had a few kind words for me you usually are a rude toward my posts. 

It was unfortunate but a safe move.  It could have been like that scene in Tomstone where Val Kilmer (Doc Holiday) winked and it went down hill from there. I still think the refs did a poor job of managing this game early on and should have been neutral but firm.

Collinwood got blasted on here last year for doing this same thing. People have no idea how these kids act walking through the line at the end. MP acted pathetic the whole game. Chanting at our boys. Taunting and mouthing the entire game. Even the MP coaches and cheerleaders joined in. Our coaches avoided the inevitable. I was glad they didn't get our players in that position.

hind sight agreed safe move. at the time it just looked bad with cf standing threre waiting to shake. i agree maybe the best move. 

Glad to see us all coming to some mutual agreements. As upset as we all were as fans at the events during the game there are several young fine football players who are still today kicking themselves in their behinds for their actions on the field. These are times we should lift these young men up and let it be a lesson learned. Our words towards each other these past few days are certainly not the example we should be setting.

With that said, Congrats to Coalfield on a fine season.

Glad to see us all coming to some mutual agreements. As upset as we all were as fans at the events during the game there are several young fine football players who are still today kicking themselves in their behinds for their actions on the field. These are times we should lift these young men up and let it be a lesson learned. Our words towards each other these past few days are certainly not the example we should be setting.

With that said, Congrats to Coalfield on a fine season.

Thank you, Tom. Well said

OP I am wondering when you have been to UC to watch us play and didn't let me know so I could buy you ham sandwich or something. From your discription of the Tornadoes it sounds like you've been here all season. I don't know anything about Jasper or any other East Tn teams for that matter but yiu are right about these boys, they are physical. I just want to give my Two Cents. The biggest weakness with this team is fumbling. The wing-t offers plenty of opportunities to fumble and we have had our share this season. We have had games when we didn't fumble but there have been others when I didn't even want to see the qb under center. With this as an issue for our team I just have 3 things that I say. I want our biys to (1) compete (2) play physical (3) and for heavan's sake don't fumble. We have a tough road to get back to Cookeville and I hope we get there. I would like to see you all there and wish you the best. Oh by the way, we have a decent kicker this year. He is a sophmore and he ain't no foreigner. We grew him right here in UC. He doesn't have the distance of the 09 Spaniard kid but he is just as accurate.

Roy does not need to drive out to watch UC play, He gets an advance copy of that Murphy Fair man's magazine and he does all his scouting with it. You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Roy does not need to drive out to watch UC play, He gets an advance copy of that Murphy Fair man's magazine and he does all his scouting with it. You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

you can't scout a team by a book you have to scout in person. The book can tell you what they do but the question is how well do they do it. Schemes can change and a few things can be added in the middle of the season. Edited by JDOGG80