William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Eye do like the blue and the white numburrs......Did thay evur wear white paints wif those blue jerseees...???..... :popcorneater:

Governors91 is correct, they wore the blue jerseys with white pants once in 2008 against McMinn. They also wore white pants with those blue jerseys for the entire 2004 season (which was the first season for the blue jerseys) before they got the blue pants in 2005.

15nn592.jpg

Jake...I don't understand why WB ever went away from that uniform, either. The white jerseys with blue pants looked awfully good too.

WilliamBlount-DobynsBennett-2.jpg

Right.. And how have those Nebraska uniforms been working for Heritage? I also recall that Heritage brought out black unis in 2010 and got beat 49-2 by the Govs.

:popcorneater:

Like I said, uniforms don't mean a stinkin thing. Also, the black jerseys were broken out by our last coach, who was an absolute joke, and cared more about looking good then working hard. He actually reminds me a lot of WB's coach.

Like I said, uniforms don't mean a stinkin thing. Also, the black jerseys were broken out by our last coach, who was an absolute joke, and cared more about looking good then working hard. He actually reminds me a lot of WB's coach.

I have to disagree.. Your last coach wasn't bad.. Granted he may have not been great, but he wasn't terrible.. His first season he took ya'll to a 4-6 season that included a big upset win over Catholic.. Before that when was the last time Heritage had won 4 games? And Hammontree has only won 1 game thus far.... So which coach looks better right now?

I have to disagree.. Your last coach wasn't bad.. Granted he may have not been great, but he wasn't terrible.. His first season he took ya'll to a 4-6 season that included a big upset win over Catholic.. Before that when was the last time Heritage had won 4 games? And Hammontree has only won 1 game thus far.... So which coach looks better right now?

Heritage went 4-6 in 2010 and 2005 if my memory serves me correctly. Hammontree, IMO, is 3 times the coach the last guy was. He set the program back at least four years because of his complete lack of developing underclass men. There was almost no freshmen team during his time there. Hammontree has taken teams to multiple state championship games. I doubt that can be said for the last coach.

Heritage went 4-6 in 2010 and 2005 if my memory serves me correctly. Hammontree, IMO, is 3 times the coach the last guy was. He set the program back at least four years because of his complete lack of developing underclass men. There was almost no freshmen team during his time there. Hammontree has taken teams to multiple state championship games. I doubt that can be said for the last coach.

I just checked they were 4-6 in 2005 and 3-7 in 2010. While I believe you that he may have neglected the freshman teams you still cant say he was a terrible coach. His first year was 2009 and he had a respectable team right off the bat, despite the fact that Heritage had joined the new region, which was really tough that year. He guided you to 2 region victories over Lenoir City and Catholic,which was a major upset! Ya'll were very close to beating us too! As I recall ya'll were leading 7-0 and were about to go up 14 zip when a certain sophomore named Hunter Saunders picked off a pass and returned it for a TD. If ya'll had gone up 14-0 zip ya'll would have most likely won that game, but the final score ended up being 16-7 in favor of William Blount... That Pick six changed the whole complexion of the game because ya'll were dominating up until that point.. I still say that Was the toughest Heritage team I have ever seen since I have been closely following local High School football. Edited by Governors91

I'd have to agree with you. If not for Hammontree Maryville probably wouldn't be where they are today because he was the one to actually bring in GQ as an assistant there at Maryville. Was the HC when Maryville won it all in 1998, as well. The coach before obviously didn't leave him with much which has been seen the past few years. Whenever Hammontree leaves even if he doesn't win a lot of games the program will probably be in better shape if and when he ever leaves then what it was when he took it over. The guy has been around the block a time or two and knows how to build a top notch program. May not do it at Heritage (it's almost an impossible task with that program) but if he has the tools to get it done he will eventually.

Well, I have been thinking about it and I'm ready to make my predictions for the 2014 season.. I know I said I wouldn't do this but I couldn't resist. Keep in mind that my prediction may change between here and August depending on performance in Fall scrimmages and injuries or player transfers coming in or going out etc. this is just what I'm thinking as of now (june 2014). I will pick the teams I think they will beat and explain why I think wb will beat them. Here goes ...right now i'm predicting that WB will finish 5-5 in 2014 with wins over:

Loudon. WB returns most of their starters from a team that beat Loudon like a drum last year,nuff said..

Mo.East. The canes edged WB last year 35-34 but graduation hit the canes hard and on top of that they had a coaching change. Thus I expect the Govs to get revenge when they travel to Morristown this year.

Heritage. Not really an explanation needed here, but I will give one anyways.The Govs have beaten them 17 years in a row and Heritage has only won 1 game in 2 years under Hammontree. Perhaps Heritage will be improved this year but I would still pick WB to win this game regardless of how good heritage is. WB will have home-field advantage and the mental edge in this game. Look for the Streak to be extended to 18 this fall.

Lenoir City. They lost their best player to Clinton and they seemed a little lean talent wise even before he left. They also had a coaching change.

Bearden. They seem to be falling apart at the seams and they are dealing with a coaching change as well. I look for WB to beat them and end the long and painful losing streak they have in the series against the bulldogs.

This is my prediction for 2014 as of right now. Do you agree or disagree?

Edited by Governors91

Well, I have been thinking about it and I'm ready to make my predictions for the 2014 season.. I know I said I wouldn't do this but I couldn't resist. Keep in mind that my prediction may change between here and August depending on performance in Fall scrimmages and injuries or player transfers coming in or going out etc. this is just what I'm thinking as of now (june 2014). I will pick the teams I think they will beat and explain why I think wb will beat them. Here goes ...right now i'm predicting that WB will finish 5-5 in 2014 with wins over:

Loudon. WB returns most of their starters from a team that beat Loudon like a drum last year,nuff said..

Mo.East. The canes edged WB last year 35-34 but graduation hit the canes hard and on top of that they had a coaching change. Thus I expect the Govs to get revenge when they travel to Morristown this year.

Heritage. Not really an explanation needed here, but I will give one anyways.The Govs have beaten them 17 years in a row and Heritage has only won 1 game in 2 years under Hammontree. Perhaps Heritage will be improved this year but I would still pick WB to win this game regardless of how good heritage is. WB will have home-field advantage and the mental edge in this game. Look for the Streak to be extended to 18 this fall.

Lenoir City. They lost their best player to Clinton and they seemed a little lean talent wise even before he left. They also had a coaching change.

Bearden. They seem to be falling apart at the seams and they are dealing with a coaching change as well. I look for WB to beat them and end the long and painful losing streak they have in the series against the bulldogs.

This is my prediction for 2014 as of right now. Do you agree or disagree?

Way too early for predictions on my part.....I will have to wait until they start fall practice and get to a scrimmage or two.  I have been over their schedule and I think there are six winnable games if we make a couple of changes and get some issues worked out.....however, if these issues are not addressed, we will be looking at another 2-8 or 3-7 record, IMO.  It won't take me long after fall practice starts to figure out if they have been addressed, and at that time I will make my predictions.

Way too early for predictions on my part.....I will have to wait until they start fall practice and get to a scrimmage or two. I have been over their schedule and I think there are six winnable games if we make a couple of changes and get some issues worked out.....however, if these issues are not addressed, we will be looking at another 2-8 or 3-7 record, IMO. It won't take me long after fall practice starts to figure out if they have been addressed, and at that time I will make my predictions.

I understand what you are saying and I may end up changing mine as time goes on. These are my predictions as of right now. I picked WB to beat these teams because of the state they are in, not because I'm necessarily confident in WB. I just think it looks like WB has clear advantages over them right now.. But like i said my prediction may change later on.. I am not predicting wins over Hardin Valley, Farragut, or Jeff County because: #1. They beat WB last year and #2. I dont know what they have coming back.. But I think its safe to predict that Maryville and West will be losses. So right now I see 5 games that have a good chance of being wins, 3 that are up in the air, and 2 clear losses. Edited by Governors91

I'm hearing Loudon will be good this year and I'm also hearing Heritage had over eighty come out for spring and the best practice's they have had since the new coaching staff has been there. If what I'm hearing and what I saw against Catholic those two wins may not be as easy as you may think.

William Blount returns almost all of their starters from a team that killed Loudon last year, so its safe to say they will beat them.

As for Heritage.. I believe I have said this 100 times.. WB has beaten Heritage 17 years in a row. We are in their heads man. In fact Heritage has beaten Maryville twice since they have beaten us, that should say enough. But to add to that Heritage has only won 1 game the past 2 years... When I saw them last year most ( if not all) of their starters were playing both ways and they didn't have have size or speed. So I fail to see why everyone is so confident that Heritage is going to be able to beat us.