Giles Co. @ Pearl Cohn

JAFO

Dang dhs. I thought Liberty would get it done.  Tell us about the T..... :ugeek:

if...IF...they somehow make it past dyersburg...i doubt ull have any issues...dyersburg should win that game going away...

very small defensive line but their LBs more than make up for them...they attack ur running lanes much better than just about anyone weve played all year...they also leave the middle of the field wide open...cornerbacks are not too speedy so the deep ball is there...not much pass rush from them...their rb is a beast...not the fastest guy around...but he gets lower than the tackler and never stops moving fwd...they have no passing game and no kicking game whatsoever...

so u ask...how did liberty lose...3 ints and 1 fumble...the fumble at the end of the 2nd quarter really costs us the game IMO...they were up 22-13 and get the ball after half...so we had to score...our rb broke thru and got about 15 yards...the previous drive he was going down the sideline with a 60 yard run and trucked the safety...he tried the same thing...instead of juking...this time the safety got lower and his helmet drilled the ball perfectly...had he gotten past the safety its a 20-22 game and we get to stick to doing what we do best...instead we were forced to throw...qb is a freshman and i think he played really well for us...hes not to the point where he can check down the wideouts

they scored a cheap TD near the middle of the 4th and our guys seemed to give up...which i dont get because it was still a 2 score game...and we ended up getting the ball 3 times after that score and punted once...i think i would have went for it on 4th and 4 just because of how well they run the ball...but we punted and still got it back with 5 minutes to go and managed 2 more possessions...1 went for an int on their 10 and the other was a 4th down stop around their 35...they played well

if...IF...they somehow make it past dyersburg...i doubt ull have any issues...dyersburg should win that game going away...

very small defensive line but their LBs more than make up for them...they attack ur running lanes much better than just about anyone weve played all year...they also leave the middle of the field wide open...cornerbacks are not too speedy so the deep ball is there...not much pass rush from them...their rb is a beast...not the fastest guy around...but he gets lower than the tackler and never stops moving fwd...they have no passing game and no kicking game whatsoever...

so u ask...how did liberty lose...3 ints and 1 fumble...the fumble at the end of the 2nd quarter really costs us the game IMO...they were up 22-13 and get the ball after half...so we had to score...our rb broke thru and got about 15 yards...the previous drive he was going down the sideline with a 60 yard run and trucked the safety...he tried the same thing...instead of juking...this time the safety got lower and his helmet drilled the ball perfectly...had he gotten past the safety its a 20-22 game and we get to stick to doing what we do best...instead we were forced to throw...qb is a freshman and i think he played really well for us...hes not to the point where he can check down the wideouts

they scored a cheap TD near the middle of the 4th and our guys seemed to give up...which i dont get because it was still a 2 score game...and we ended up getting the ball 3 times after that score and punted once...i think i would have went for it on 4th and 4 just because of how well they run the ball...but we punted and still got it back with 5 minutes to go and managed 2 more possessions...1 went for an int on their 10 and the other was a 4th down stop around their 35...they played well

Thanks man. Hit the iron and we'll try again for next year. ..... :ugeek:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

Haha, Brunetti is whining like a baby. 

maybe he should have taught his players NOT to fight amongst themselves on the field..MULTIPLE TIMES!  Never seen players cus their coaches quite like the firebirds could.

He also forgot to mention that everytime 14 got loose he got tracked down.  never made it to the endzone, even with the holding by half the birds on the field. 

"The Firebirds were penalized 20 times for 190 yards, and the Bobcats were penalized nine times for 85 yards"

"The kids fought hard all the way through the game, but I'm sorry, you can't beat (Giles County) and the referees," Pearl-Cohn coach Tony Brunetti said. "Every run we had was a flag. They're going to call what they see, but I've never seen so many flags in my life." - Tennessean

ahh!!  ..trust me my friend you will get use to it after a while .. i can go way back ..i remember playoff games from panthers past seasons that the refs were way to much involved with altering the games outcome ..(i'm pretty sure its happened to other teams as well) all i can say is just get use to it... its going to happen ..nobody thinks its wrong ..and even worse no one is going to do anything about it.. and if you say anything folks gonna think you're sour and bitter ..even though they saw the same game you saw.. its from a different point of view ..whats wrong to you will be right to the others as long as it benefits them ..who is going to review it..? who is going overturn it..?  who is going to overrule it..? 

its just that time of year you have to factor in " T$$AA politics"  teams playing where they are from ...fans support ...travel 

its all about who is gonna make them the most money ..

- boski 

Edited by boski

"The Firebirds were penalized 20 times for 190 yards, and the Bobcats were penalized nine times for 85 yards"

"The kids fought hard all the way through the game, but I'm sorry, you can't beat (Giles County) and the referees," Pearl-Cohn coach Tony Brunetti said. "Every run we had was a flag. They're going to call what they see, but I've never seen so many flags in my life." - Tennessean

ahh!!  ..trust me my friend you will get use to after a while .. i can go way back ..i remember playoff games from panthers past seasons that refs were way to much involved with altering the games outcome ..(i'm pretty sure its happened to other teams as well) all i can is just get use to it... its going to happen ..nobody thinks its wrong ..and even worse no one is going to do anything about it.. and if you say anything folks gonna think your sour and bitter ..even though they saw the same game you saw.. its from a different point of view ..whats wrong to you will be right to the others as long as it benefits them ..who is going to review it..? who is going overturn it..?  who is going to overrule it..? 

its just that time of year you have to factor in " T$$AA politics"  teams playing where they are from ...fans support ...travel 

its all about who is gonna make them the most money ..

- boski 

One way PC could save some money would be to just shut off  the stadium lights.  All the blue lights flashing around the field kept the place well lit.  Must have been all the rowdy out of control GC fans.  I will be the first to admit that all the people jumping the fence were coming in behind the GC stands, so, who knows?