Wayne Co vs Columbia Acad

wildcat89

Please disregard - I figured it out.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to watch the first match up at the link below.  It just comes up blank and I can't get the video to start.  Are the games not available after the fact - only live?  Or do I not have the correct browser plug-in to watch it?

Thanks.

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/65827

Edited by NCSdad1962

Well, I'll just go ahead and say it. It really bothers me that ppl get on here talkin about how good our coaching is making it sound like that's why we're good. YES, WC has really good coaches but WC has had and has really good players. It has become a standard in Wayne Co to play hard nosed football and that's credited to past players.

Im not saying that's why WC has been good, I'm saying it runs hand in hand with the talent we've been blessed with and good coaching to lay out the plans. The coaches have done a good job getting the players in the right positions to benefit the whole team. WC has had lots of talented players for many years now, there's no doubt about that

Im not saying that's why WC has been good, I'm saying it runs hand in hand with the talent we've been blessed with and good coaching to lay out the plans. The coaches have done a good job getting the players in the right positions to benefit the whole team. WC has had lots of talented players for many years now, there's no doubt about that

I know and I know coaches deserve recognition because of all the time they put in.

I agree with you.  But, I think most people in Waynesboro (outside of Coacht) gives the players a ton of credit. It actually bothers me more when people in Waynesboro don't give our coaches enough credit.  It doesn't really happen on Coacht, but it happens a lot in the town and sometimes at the game. 

Fans have the idea that WC has always been great, but that's not true. WC was just always decent before Rice. WC was a sub-.500 program when Rice took over in 1993. We had won 7 games in a season 6 times between 1950 and 1992, and won more than 7 games in a season only one time (1990), when all of the current coaches were assistants.  We had 4 all-state players, won 3 bowl games and 3 playoff games (all in 1990).

We've won at least 7 games in 17 of the last 21 seasons! We've won 20 playoff games, and had over 40 all-state players. We've also won so much in the last 20 years that WC is now 50 games over-.500 as a program (since 1950). 

WC is not a destination job.  We had 7 different head coaches between 1984 and 1993. We're incredibly lucky that we found the staff we have, and that they (for the most part) stuck around. I'm afraid we'll all be reminded of how lucky we've been when the current coaches begin to retire or move on in the next 10 years.  All you have to do is look at Mt. Pleasant to know that talent alone doesn't win football games in Class A.

Edited by 1RT

And all of that aside, I'm really proud of the current group of players! They've chiseled out a legacy for themselves when most people around weren't giving them a chance.  Leave it all out on the field Friday night boys! And beat the heck out of CA!

Edited by 1RT

I agree with you.  But, I think most people in Waynesboro (outside of Coacht) gives the players a ton of credit. It actually bothers me more when people in Waynesboro don't give our coaches enough credit.  It doesn't really happen on Coacht, but it happens a lot in the town and sometimes at the game. 

Fans have the idea that WC has always been great, but that's not true. WC was just always decent before Rice. WC was a sub-.500 program when Rice took over in 1993. We had won 7 games in a season 6 times between 1950 and 1992, and won more than 7 games in a season only one time (1990), when all of the current coaches were assistants.  We had 4 all-state players, won 3 bowl games and 3 playoff games (all in 1990).

We've won at least 7 games in 17 of the last 21 seasons! We've won 20 playoff games, and had over 40 all-state players. We've also won so much in the last 20 years that WC is now 50 games over-.500 as a program (since 1950). 

WC is not a destination job.  We had 7 different head coaches between 1984 and 1993. We're incredibly lucky that we found the staff we have, and that they (for the most part) stuck around. I'm afraid we'll all be reminded of how lucky we've been when the current coaches begin to retire or move on in the next 10 years.  All you have to do is look at Mt. Pleasant to know that talent alone doesn't win football games in Class A.

I agree totally about our coaching staff and I do mean staff. I think that Coach Crews, Pierce and Dixon do more than there part and compliment Coach Rice. I fully believe that it's a team Coaching effort and our teams would not have been as successful without the good assistants that we have. When I watch practice Coach Rice will just let the assistants do their thing and make any adjustments that they want to. They all watch alot of tape and kind of game plan together. Also, I agree that this group of seniors have done a good job of paying the WC football tradition forward. Go Cats!

One other thing that I think has made a difference in our football program is the Saturday youth league and Coach Rice has put alot of time into that over the years.

I totally agree about the assistants, coach Crews and coach Pierce would make great head coaches themselves. As for the youth league my hats off to all those involved. I was on the board for several years and there's a ton of work involved!