Henry Co. vs. Memphis East. Round 2

SEC1rules

Nice breakdown visionaire. I'm not sure what HC's plans are to battle East, but I completely agree with you on the last part. kwc seems to feel that what East has seen at Whitehaven or White Station games will have them prepared. I think playing in Paris at Patriot Stadium is a whole other type of atmosphere than one that is full with a big band playing the full game. I too think that Henry County has to eliminate turnovers and cause them, all the while winning the special teams. Going to be a big night in Patriot Stadium! Can't wait! Is it Friday yet?!?!?

Go Big RED!!!

Effect a team "maybe" a little, not to contradict, but I have never thought the exterior factors have very much impact on which team wins/loses, b/c as a player you are focused on winning, moving to next round, and just not concerned w/ those things. I believe HC wins b/c of dicipline and depth; they are the only team I have seen in the state that can send in a completely different offensive line in the middle of a drive.....lol

Now, to my question, is it $10 to get in?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effect a team "maybe" a little, not to contradict, but I have never thought the exterior factors have very much impact on which team wins/loses, b/c as a player you are focused on winning, moving to next round, and just not concerned w/ those things. I believe HC wins b/c of dicipline and depth; they are the only team I have seen in the state that can send in a completely different offensive line in the middle of a drive.....lol

Now, to my question, is it $10 to get in?

Kev, you bring up a valid point. But I do believe that it can get into Coaches/kids heads a little. I distinctly remember a time back in 1986 when we travelled to Gallatin for a playoff game. To us at the time, Gallatin was home to a great football tradition and a highly ranked team.  The atmosphere, the crowd, it all got to us at first. Wasn't until late in the game that we got it together, unfortunately on the losing end. But we did keep 'em from scoring 30 on us! So sometimes its that little advantage at the beginning to get the momentum to go in your favor...that's all I'm saying.

As for the game price, I think its $8.00. Only $10 when you're in Cookville, but I could be wrong. Make sure to come as early as you can and drop by the tailgate!

Kev, you bring up a valid point. But I do believe that it can get into Coaches/kids heads a little. I distinctly remember a time back in 1986 when we travelled to Gallatin for a playoff game. To us at the time, Gallatin was home to a great football tradition and a highly ranked team. The atmosphere, the crowd, it all got to us at first. Wasn't until late in the game that we got it together, unfortunately on the losing end. But we did keep 'em from scoring 30 on us! So sometimes its that little advantage at the beginning to get the momentum to go in your favor...that's all I'm saying.

As for the game price, I think its $8.00. Only $10 when you're in Cookville, but I could be wrong. Make sure to come as early as you can and drop by the tailgate!

Those were good times in Gallatin!!

Those were good times in Gallatin!!

Yes, was probably one of the most intimidating places to play football in my opinion. So probably in a round about way, we are now like you guys were back in the 80's. And today, both places are great venues for some great football. I love nothing more than a big game at Patriot Stadium during the playoffs...

Yes, was probably one of the most intimidating places to play football in my opinion. So probably in a round about way, we are now like you guys were back in the 80's. And today, both places are great venues for some great football. I love nothing more than a big game at Patriot Stadium during the playoffs...

Our trip to HC in 09 was by far the best playoff atmosphere i have seen in a long long time..Great stadium, great people..Best of luck till we meet again

Our trip to HC in 09 was by far the best playoff atmosphere i have seen in a long long time..Great stadium, great people..Best of luck till we meet again

I second that. Henry County has a great atmosphere, at least it did that night. I would hope it is like that at every game. Lots has changed in Gallatin since 86' but it was said back then that opponents were down 14 points before they ever stepped on the field. Miss those days!! However, I believe excitement is coming back for Gtown. I thought Hartsville had a great atmosphere too. Not many of those type places left. Enjoy it and good luck this week.

Several things

First..Do not look for a very big crowd from East to make their way to Henry County. They played Millington in the first round and had a very small crowd considering they only had about a 22 mile drive. The stadium should be dominated by a huge crowd from Henry that will be loud and vocal! If you don't think that will be intimidating and have no effect, you are dead wrong...May not be huge but will be a plus for HC!

Someone mentioned that East would get beat by a more disciplined HC team.. Can't disagree here.. East had a number of costly penalities at Millington that stopped drives and also let Millington keep possession several times. East was in the Red Zone twice when penalities, holding, false starts, illegal motion, etc  moved them out of scoring position which allowed Millington to hang in despite an obvious mismatch with personnel.

Looking at the bracket with the winner playing either Ridgeway or Melrose, I honestly think that HC would beat either one. I'm also of the opinion that should East win, they would lose to either two based on what I saw at our game. Could be wrong bu don't think so.