SHOULD COACH CLARK STEP DOWN ... "KINGSPORT DB"

kingindian33

That's great news. I don't think DB has had three great QB's total in the entire history of the program, so having three on the same team should be special. And one being awsome is like icing on a cake!

That is a flat ridiculous statement regarding the lack of great quarterbacks.

Quarterback talent has not been a problem at db.

Going back A few years, Nick Showalter was a high school all American.

As a matter of fact we had a great qb in Duran Ferguson the night we lost to Karns. We were ranked number 1 that night and lost to a perennial doormat. I tend to blame that one on the offensive coordinator, though. Also had Chase Flannery in the backfield that night.

If you are capable of out-coaching yourself in a loss to Karns, you are capable of losing to anybody.

Edited by rolltriberoll

As a matter of fact we had a great qb in Duran Ferguson the night we lost to Karns. We were ranked number 1 that night and lost to a perennial doormat. I tend to blame that one on the offensive coordinator, though. Also had Chase Flannery in the backfield that night.

If you are capable of out-coaching yourself in a loss to Karns, you are capable of losing to anybody.

I think most people would consider a great QB as one that went on to play Div. 1 college football, and was remembered for doing so. Ferguson was a good QB but not great. Nick Showalter was before the invention of the automobile. Who's the other QB you have in mind that was "great"?Quarteback talent has been "a" problem but not "the" problem. South has had better quarterbacks almost every year. A school the size of DB should have a "great" quarterback at least every 10 years. We're not seeing anything close to that.

bingo that loss to karns was like a playoff game when seed 1 at home 4 out of last 5 times getting beat by teams just happy to still to play another game now those teams are pumped up if they draw db because the coach choking jobs are always just waiting to happen should he step down oh yes he should and give the football team a chance to perform they way the band does in style and always being on top of there game impressing everyone and making everyone proud time to go nothing last forever

While South is still fresh on this thread.I'd like to take the time to remember a couple of games. DB was going to get rolled in the 2009 game while they were down just like last season and  South was gunning for number 1 in the state.DB was a huge underdog and even many DB fans had thrown in the towel before kickoff.I think I've still got the 3ed quarter parade on film somewhere.While I'm at it,the 2005 game really gave the fuel for that great 2006 matchup.What was the J Fred count that night " 13,000 ".The best competition wasn't even on the football field,it was the girl fight on the baseball field.Roll Tribe

While South is still fresh on this thread.I'd like to take the time to remember a couple of games. DB was going to get rolled in the 2009 game while they were down just like last season and  South was gunning for number 1 in the state.DB was a huge underdog and even many DB fans had thrown in the towel before kickoff.I think I've still got the 3ed quarter parade on film somewhere.While I'm at it,the 2005 game really gave the fuel for that great 2006 matchup.What was the J Fred count that night " 13,000 ".The best competition wasn't even on the football field,it was the girl fight on the baseball field.Roll Tribe

Hey that reminds me.......The score in that 2006 game with South was 44-0. YES i SAID 44-0!

I think most people would consider a great QB as one that went on to play Div. 1 college football, and was remembered for doing so. Ferguson was a good QB but not great. Nick Showalter was before the invention of the automobile. Who's the other QB you have in mind that was "great"?Quarteback talent has been "a" problem but not "the" problem. South has had better quarterbacks almost every year. A school the size of DB should have a "great" quarterback at least every 10 years. We're not seeing anything close to that.

Go ahead and list all those D1 QBs that have played for Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton and Greeneville.

You don't need a qb that is 'great'by your definition to win football games.

Di you really think that if we would have had South's qb the results would have been any different?

You need solid coaching and program development to win at a higher level. Not being out coached by karns.

You take most of the coaching staffs around this area and replace DB's for this past season.You wouldn't have had to worry about losing a lead to ME because DB would have never made the playoffs.Sure there are some bad games over the last 20 years,but there have sure been some great ones and it's hard to look at what DB has done and say it sucks.Most fans around the state would love to have the program DB has.No,"not all" but there are a whole lot of programs that have done a lot less in the same period and had very few wins much less got a sniff of a semi final game .It will not be long until spring practice and then the season,so I'm ready to support the team and that includes the coaches.Roll Tribe

Go ahead and list all those D1 QBs that have played for Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton and Greeneville.

You don't need a qb that is 'great'by your definition to win football games.

Di you really think that if we would have had South's qb the results would have been any different?

You need solid coaching and program development to win at a higher level. Not being out coached by karns.

Hey Im with you on the coaching. All I was doing is stating a fact that DB hasn't had a "great" QB for as long as I can remember. I was wondering how all of the sudden we have three on the same team and one being awsome. Maryville does however have one playing D1 this year. He beat the Vols on a late 4th qtr. touchdown. Also if we had had South's QB this year we would have been a far better team. I think he was all state. You've got to know that.

Hey Im with you on the coaching. All I was doing is stating a fact that DB hasn't had a "great" QB for as long as I can remember. I was wondering how all of the sudden we have three on the same team and one being awsome. Maryville does however have one playing D1 this year. He beat the Vols on a late 4th qtr. touchdown. Also if we had had South's QB this year we would have been a far better team. I think he was all state. You've got to know that.

Yep, there is exactly one qb from the four teams I listed that is playing d1 ball. I believe that Mayville got to the championship game in 2012 without their starter. I seem to remember that they lost their starter to illness prior to the beginning of the season.

I seriously doubt that DB has 3 'great' quarterbacks on the roster. Certainly not 'great' by your definition anyway.

Edited by rolltriberoll

Yep, there is exactly one qb from the four teams I listed that is playing d1 ball. I believe that Mayville got to the championship game in 2012 without their starter. I seem to remember that they lost their starter to illness prior to the beginning of the season.

I seriously doubt that DB has 3 'great' quarterbacks on the roster. Certainly not 'great' by your definition anyway.

Yeah ok......whatever