That McCurry mans fieldhouse

Roy Dillard

No way the TSSAA should cancel the Marion Co game Friday. No way they should "death penalty" the program either. To do this would be to prosecute the innocent (the players). Would it be right to throw me in jail, because my dad robbed somebody??? No.

Sports are about the players. Period. Players play, coaches coach. As much as some of you posters worship coaches, not a single coach has scored any touchdowns or make any tackles all season anywhere. I can imagine the rage and hurt I would have as a player if a principal or AD called me and my teammates in a room and said " well guys you have had a great year, but were goin to have to cancel the rest of the season because we hired an idiot to coach you guys."

What age do you think this is an appropiate time to learn this lesson? That sometimes when you're part of a team you get punish for what others do?

If the things I heard this morning are true on McCurry then he needs to be fired today. If it is true what he called a SP running back and if he was encouraging players to hurt him he should never coach again. That includes the North Jackson job he agreed to take last week.

This is bad for the players. I can't imagine what they are going through. I say let Randy K take them up to Trousdale to play but there is no way that the team will have their hearts in the game.

As a self confessed skillet head Old Pirate says for any current coach to be able to coach is a mistake. Fellers the whole staff knew about the theft of opposing teams game plans. Some of you folkes keep grasping for straws that somehow this wasn't a total conspiracy by the entire athletic department. The school board needs to clean house from AD to the lowest assistant. Yes, the TSSAA needs to give the death penality too, sorry cuz...

Why do you need a playbook? By week two it is tweeted so bad it is usually not even a reference point anymore. As far as what SP or Seq. is doing you would have to be an infant to not know what they are doing. Both teams do a few things and do those things well. A caveman can do it. Sometimes in the NFL it is even more simple than that. I have a playbook from every team I have ever coached at. There are coaches at clinics that sell their playbooks. What people don't know is most coaches have film for the next week opponent before they go to bed on Friday night. Tech is awesome. In my opinion playbook is not really an issue. If it is God Bless.

I would say that if you really believe that you haven't had a very successful coaching career. It was actually the play sheet aka game plan. Yes it matters ALOT from a coaching stand point. If a team runs a play a certain all year then the other will prepare for it that way. So when the offensive team switches things up to confuse and put the defensive opponents team in a bind but the defensive team already knows its coming and adapts hmmmmm yeah it has a effect. Just in this case not the outcome. That being said this is very sad this has happened to these MC players. They have a great team and great support. Sad part is that the coaches obviously was willing to do anything and everything to get a leg up and beat that little ole team from down the road. To make matters worse I am very close to one of the coaches their involved . After seeing other text he sent it showed his true character and loyalty to so called friends. Needless to say he won't be getting a Christmas card anytime soon. This goes way past the game of football. It's a black eye on the whole county

Edited by TonyHorton91281

Here is my take as an graduate of MC many years ago at the start of the Colquett Era. If Coach Mac knew about the vandalism he should have stepped forward and stated so from the beginning that would have been the right thing to do. As far as the play books, sheets he would not have condoned that! If he did know, he should be fired! As for the former SP player at practice let the TSSAA take care of that! Lesson learned .... coach Mac got surrounded by small minded people that have no ethics! Once an Indian always an Indian (not Warrior). once a Pirate, always a Pirate. They don't care about the future of the Marion County program. But what really hurts is when one of you own sells you out! That REALLY hurts! As for the boys who worked their tails off all season and the young boys who want to play football as WARRIORS in the future.  I wish you the best! This will pass and you will have to set the example from here on out! The program depends on you! That is if there is one left. If not the Pirates get stronger and move to AA. What a shame!

It's a joke

Well if Mr. Childress come to jasper look for jasper high school he will never find it, i have lived here all my life and I still can't find it. LOL

That is o.k.  Many of you fellars don't know where the county lines are, and probably have never heard of places like Cowbone, Orme, Sherwood, Gourd Neck, Hog Jaw Valley, Fish Trap etc.

Edited by rlh

Yea the field house being painted is really a petty thing. It's the rules violation and the other coach admitting to taking a playbook that concerns me.

Oldindian, if this wasn't your BFF, and if slurs about players were painted on sequatchie's field house, you would not be calling it a petty thing.

In what world is cheating in a football game a greater offense than publicly humiliating the kids you have been entrusted to coach and protect?

Edited by BnL

I would say that if you really believe that you haven't had a very successful coaching career. It was actually the play sheet aka game plan. Yes it matters ALOT from a coaching stand point. If a team runs a play a certain all year then the other will prepare for it that way. So when the offensive team switches things up to confuse and put the defensive opponents team in a bind but the defensive team already knows its coming and adapts hmmmmm yeah it has a effect. Just in this case not the outcome. That being said this is very sad this has happened to these MC players. They have a great team and great support. Sad part is that the coaches obviously was willing to do anything and everything to get a leg up and beat that little ole team from down the road. To make matters worse I am very close to one of the coaches their involved . After seeing other text he sent it showed his true character and loyalty to so called friends. Needless to say he won't be getting a Christmas card anytime soon. This goes way past the game of football. It's a black eye on the whole county

Also, to me it would be even more important to know what defense they are going to check to depending on what formation I come out in. If that was included in what was taken then I can dictate, to some extent, what defense they run. But, this apparently had little effect on the outcome of the S. Pitt game.

Let me ask Marion people a question. I was reading that Hargis man's article and that Schmitt man told that Starky man he wanted to hopefully fight after the game. Does he not know about that Moore man's bodyguard? That Schmitt man and Starky man are a lot smaller that that bodyguard. You think im joking but im not.

Also, to me it would be even more important to know what defense they are going to check to depending on what formation I come out in. If that was included in what was taken then I can dictate, to some extent, what defense they run. But, this apparently had little effect on the outcome of the S. Pitt game.

Agree and the latest rumor is disturbing coach if its true, will shoot you an email and see if you have heard anything

IMO this is a horrible thing to happen to such a rich tradition football community. I do not think Marion should lose there football just because some ignorant coaches done things like this. Fire all the coaches and find a interim for Friday night. The players are innocent IMO! I hate that this has happened to my high school and honestly hope they get what they deserve. I'm ashamed of the things that were said and done!

What age do you think this is an appropiate time to learn this lesson? That sometimes when you're part of a team you get punish for what others do?

You are missing the point.. Are you implying that this should be a teaching point to the players that you shouldn't vandalize, steal, cheat, etc.?  This isn't college man.  As a college player you have the choice to play for a coach that is hands off and stretches rules at all time (Kiffin) or a coach that is known as a straight laced moral coach (Richt)... In high school, obviuosly you don't.  These are two random examples, but hopefully you understand where I'm going.

To group the coaches and players together is absurd when you try to make the coaches out to be teammates or members of the team. These coaches are members of the program. I've told every kid I have ever coached that I can't go out there and make the plays for them. This isn't something like the Trezvant football team, or the baseball teams out in Memphis clearing the benches and the TSSAA hammering them.  These are the actions of adults.

I believe the appropriate punishment would be to fire everyone associated with this incident, and fine the absolute crap out of Marion County.