Oakland v. Blackman

MidTennFootball

Oaklands game with Siegel was a nice win. Would not read to much from that game as Siegel was missing several starters! Who ever from our region gets the Rebels will have their hands full! Hopefully who ever wins this match up will compete like Siegel did against the Rebels last years semifinal game! That was a great game!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland may broadcast this on nfhsnetwork?  Just watched the Oakland game with siegel on the nfhs. Interesting.  I now believe Maryville can play with Oakland or Blackman, either team will be welcome at 825 Lawrence Avenue.

Why don't we just worry about Sevier County this week  Olhick , you can fire these guys up next week if we take care of Sevier County Friday . 

Why don't we just worry about Sevier County this week  Olhick , you can fire these guys up next week if we take care of Sevier County Friday . 

Your right, Pep.  I know our boys take it one at a time.  I would sure like for these 7AAA  boys to look ahead!

I kinda envy the Region 7AAA, the games are more competitive and they have a different Region champs every year.

Kind of reminds me of our first year in 6A.

I hope that this game is shown on NFHS Network! That would save me a lot of gas money  :mrgreen:

What did you think about Oakland's game with Siegel? As a neutral observer, I believe that the semifinal match-up with Maryville (whether it is Oakland or Blackman) will be a close and exciting game either way.

Basically, I feel both these teams are about the same (indicated by the score in the first meeting).  Oakland was very impressive in their win over Baylor (on nfhs as well).  Solid running, big upfront.  Sound but aggressive defense.  Blackman may have more speed outside.  Neither needs a high powered passing game like siegel last year, because they both run well.  Neither team has needed to pass a lot, accept for Blackman in Kentucky (and they did it well, just a crazy game). 

I don't think a match-up with Maryville is prudent to talk about at present.  Will save Maryville's chances if they make it to next week.  I will say this, I think Sevier Co. could score on both but could not stop either's run game.

I heard from some kin and they said the first meeting was very hard hitting

I work on the chain gang for Oakland games.  I see the hitting "up close and personal."  Seen the team from Smyrna that won the state.  Have also seen the team from Oakland that won the state.  Have not seen two teams hit as hard as these two teams did in their first match.  They are not only big, but F A S T!  I would guess at least 10 of these boys will be playing on Saturdays on D1 teams (folks, that is a lot of quality players on both teams).