Upperman host ND

I don't know why you guys are still arguing...

Alcoa is going to win 3A the next 4 years minimum anyway.

I will be making the drive to cheer on Alcoa this Friday and will where my Notre Dame colors proud. I've been to alcoa games. The fans are great. Alcoa you wait to you get aload of the Upperman faithful. Well I can't call them faithful cause after listening to teams they've played it seems most of the fans came out this year and will dissappear next year.

I will be making the drive to cheer on Alcoa this Friday and will where my Notre Dame colors proud. I've been to alcoa games. The fans are great. Alcoa you wait to you get aload of the Upperman faithful. Well I can't call them faithful cause after listening to teams they've played it seems most of the fans came out this year and will dissappear next year.

WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..

what happen to all that speed when the qb blew by your secondary on route to a 71 yard run?

784797-baby_crying_closeup.jpg

I think Mr IrishTrickster must have been at the wrong game. I was at the actual game. There were less than 200 fans there for ND and I saw no one treating the players or fans inappropriately. I personally talked to several of the ND fans on their way in and asked if they had a good trip from

Chattanooga and showed them where the restrooms and concession stands were since TTU only opened the ones on Upperman's side of the stadium. Upperman fans cheered for their team and yelled at what they thought were bad calls by the refs, but they were not yelling abusive comments at the ND players and certainly not racist comments. UHS has a racially diverse school and team and it is a family - any racist comments would have been offensive to their own team. The dump truck horn, air horn and fireworks are all used at every Upperman home game. They are used as often as the guy running them chooses to use them - be thankful the game was at TTU - at UHS the dump truck is parked directly beside the visitor stands and the fireworks are shot much closer to the field on the visitor side. Your delicate ears would have been even more damaged.

As for your comments about Connor York and him taking cheap shots on your players, I have re-watched the game film and you are just wrong. I am sorry you had a player go out with a concussion. Upperman lost a leading receiver who is also the place kicker to a concussion in the first half too (thus the need to go for two point conversions which you deemed classless). My kids have had concussions before from football - it's just a risk of playing the game. I did find it ironic that the fans of a school that threatened to try to hurt York and take him out of the game are now crying about York hurting one of their players.

That game is over. ND players have a lot to be proud of and a bright future in front of them. The fans that I met were all nice people who were respectful and classy. I hope that Upperman gets a chance to play them again in the future.

I will try one more time. IT is a troll. He is not an Irish fan.

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

I will try one more time. IT is a troll. He is not an Irish fan.

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

I have underestimated Upperman to this point.  I can assure you though I will not be wrong on this prediction.  Alcoa is just at another level.  I have seen them in action and they are a well oiled machine.  Alcoa is a 5 TD better team than ND.  Upperman may put up a couple of TD's but ultimately they will struggle with this Alcoa team.  Good Luck to both teams.  Congrats to Upperman on a good season.

Edited by HardchargingMarine

I like what hardchargingmarine said. I have loved ones serving our country so thank you. I also like useful point of views. The defender was on his knees when hurdled. The rain made it difficult for both teams and fans lol. UHS changes up the offense around 40% for every game. We did have our kicker/ reciever/cornerback concussed late 2nd qtr. he was out all 2nd half.conner seen a defensive alignment before that punt that made him choose to try the pass instead of punting. I will also say that i have been to tech games that had fewer in attendance. I also seen alot of people/players from other area schools in attendence. Proud of these gritty bees that keep finding ways to win. Defense accepted the challenge.

Your welcome sir, and I would do it again for you and this country of ours.    Good luck to Upperman on Friday, and GO IRISH!

Here is the deal.....I counted 61 kids dressed. 18 seniors and 7 juniors. 36 sophmores and freshman. Couple with that one parent said they had like 4-6 coming out next year due to sucsess of this season and like 25-30 freshamn( they can draw from 4 jr highs) is see as many as 75-80 on the team. Maybe back to 7-3, 6-4 next year with Dekalb and LA being strong. But let those 40 kids( 36 on team now and 4-6 coming out) get to be jr and seniors, they should be very good again. They got the two biggest things a program needs.....fan support and coaching.

I hope Coach Fant puts Upperman on the regular season schedule next year because it was a really good game, and I would love to see the rematch.