Upperman @ Alcoa

F5seekshelter

"With these last two weeks (against Tyner and Notre Dame), we’ve probably seen the fastest players we’ll ever see, in my opinion. And I doubt anybody’s faster than Auston Banks from Notre Dame. No. 2 (Jaquez Tyson) is a really good back. He’s a bit bigger than Banks, but he runs the ball hard. No. 1 (Peyton Wall) is more of a running threat. They’ll run him a lot and he’s a bigger kid. They’re a very disciplined team and well-coached.â€

Really....if this guy thinks that Wall is a bigger running threat than Tyson, I have to question his football acumen. This is not the fastest Alcoa team to come along in a while, but there is speed at every position, unlike ND or that horrible Tyner team.

Tick-tock.

Go Alcoa.

Amen.

You can stop now...he wasn't nominated.

exactly! His competition was less than mediocre ,and even after his team was killing the sad competition,his coach allowed him to pour it on to pad his stats. That shows what kind of class is being coached at upperman.The voters saw the charade and rewarded him the snub and rightfully so. No way Rankin puts an individuals stats over winning with class.

Edited by MrTwister

Hey there twister!! I looked at your schedule you have only faced three teams all season with a winning record so I would say your opponents you faced and compettion was less than mediocre so far. So quit running off at the mouth . Because against good competition you are only 2-1 against good competition. So quit acting like you have faced a juggernaut of a schedule

Hey there twister!! I looked at your schedule you have only faced three teams all season with a winning record so I would say your opponents you faced and compettion was less than mediocre so far. So quit running off at the mouth . Because against good competition you are only 2-1 against good competition. So quit acting like you have faced a juggernaut of a schedule

Dude it was about an individuals stats and playing even after the games were in hand to pad that individuals stats.NOT about having to play who is on your schedule as a team.If you cannot read and comprehend what you are reading then thats on you and the school that you were taught at.

My post was not meant to imply any sort of improprieties concerning recruitment ...only to point out a geographical inconsistency in the Tom's assertion!   :rolleyes:  I knew at least one of those boys grew up in Miser Station! Good luck to the Tornadoes.

Yeah the key phrase they all keep referring to is "grew up in the Alcoa system" not the fact that they don't LIVE in Alcoa and never have but they did grow up in that system because Alcoa has open zoning which allows anyone on the planet to show up and play for them.  If Alcoa doesn't recruit football players then why isn't their basketball, baseball, golf, volleyball etc.. teams ever relevant?  When is the last time you heard of a team from Alcoa doing anything in sports outside of the football team?  If you have that much home grown talent on the football field then it stands to reason that you would even more talent on teams that only take 5 players or 9 players or 1 or 2 players.  If there are that many athletes in that town of Alcoa to field 50+ football players and win every year then there would be state championships in every sport if this was the case, but its not.  The "Alcoa system" as the one poster called it is devised to attract players from all over the county and surrounding counties to bring them in to their program and that's why they have "open zoning".  If there was that much talent in Alcoa for football then there would be even more in the other sports.  Rankin does a good job of recruiting and the guys before him did and even better job.  You have to be a good recruiter to be considered for the head coaching football job at Alcoa and that is definitely one of Rankin's strengths.  He did a great job of it while he was here in middle Tn that's a known fact.  So for all you homers that get on here and cry and whine and say stuff like we don't recruit waaaa waaaaa etc.. etc.. etc.. "for all you hickabilly's up there etc.. stands for " and so on" didn't want to confuse any of potlicking 5th grade graduates of Alcoa Elementary that stand on the fence and post on CoachT, just keep your pork chop cutters shut.  For the record it was AlcoaGoon and BC that fired the first salvo's not the people from Upperman. You arrogant idiots started it all and then you want to act like it was someone else, like we can't go back and see who it was that did it. Again that's your 5th grade "lernin" or otherwise referred to in the real world as "education".  Ya'll have a nice day and if you're lucky i'll sign and autograph for you in a couple of days when i get over there.   :popcorneater:

Yeah the key phrase they all keep referring to is "grew up in the Alcoa system" not the fact that they don't LIVE in Alcoa and never have but they did grow up in that system because Alcoa has open zoning which allows anyone on the planet to show up and play for them.  If Alcoa doesn't recruit football players then why isn't their basketball, baseball, golf, volleyball etc.. teams ever relevant?  When is the last time you heard of a team from Alcoa doing anything in sports outside of the football team?  If you have that much home grown talent on the football field then it stands to reason that you would even more talent on teams that only take 5 players or 9 players or 1 or 2 players.  If there are that many athletes in that town of Alcoa to field 50+ football players and win every year then there would be state championships in every sport if this was the case, but its not.  The "Alcoa system" as the one poster called it is devised to attract players from all over the county and surrounding counties to bring them in to their program and that's why they have "open zoning".  If there was that much talent in Alcoa for football then there would be even more in the other sports.  Rankin does a good job of recruiting and the guys before him did and even better job.  You have to be a good recruiter to be considered for the head coaching football job at Alcoa and that is definitely one of Rankin's strengths.  He did a great job of it while he was here in middle Tn that's a known fact.  So for all you homers that get on here and cry and whine and say stuff like we don't recruit waaaa waaaaa etc.. etc.. etc.. "for all you hickabilly's up there etc.. stands for " and so on" didn't want to confuse any of potlicking 5th grade graduates of Alcoa Elementary that stand on the fence and post on CoachT, just keep your pork chop cutters shut.  For the record it was AlcoaGoon and BC that fired the first salvo's not the people from Upperman. You arrogant idiots started it all and then you want to act like it was someone else, like we can't go back and see who it was that did it. Again that's your 5th grade "lernin" or otherwise referred to in the real world as "education".  Ya'll have a nice day and if you're lucky i'll sign and autograph for you in a couple of days when i get over there.   :popcorneater:

Hey Goober,ALCOA just won the State Championship in Golf this year.LOL!!!