Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

Governors91, how can you make a comment like that when you haven't seen either team play. Blackman is the better team than Oakland. They would have beat Oakland in regular season if not for preventable turnovers. And also won in Kentucky if not for officiating. I do feel like it will be hard to beat the Beast from the East, but Blackman has a better chance than Oakland. They are more rounded and better coached than Oakland. Blackman offense is nowhere near the Siegel team you played last year, but the defense is lights out better than Siegel last year. That being said, if 7aaa is the SEC, Maryville would be  Alabama, and Blackman would be Auburn.

Maryville fans....and I am one... If you think Maryville will roll on Blackman as they have everyone else this season.....you have a surprise in store. Like it or not, East Tennessee 6a football is very weak this year. Maryville hasn't come close to facing a challenge this season like the one they will face next Friday night. Maryville will be at a disadvantage on size and speed, and Blackman's coach and staff are very good. The Rebels will play with Blackman but you are kidding yourself if you think they will roll.

Totully agree MLREB......Blackmun iz loaded....Big, faist, athletick, big tall athletick QB, a coach thait won a championship att Smyrna (Phillip Shadowens).......Maybee tha most athletick footbawl teem two evur play att tha Skeetur......

Eye jist hoap we cain keep hit clost.... :popcorneater:

Maryville fans....and I am one... If you think Maryville will roll on Blackman as they have everyone else this season.....you have a surprise in store. Like it or not, East Tennessee 6a football is very weak this year. Maryville hasn't come close to facing a challenge this season like the one they will face next Friday night. Maryville will be at a disadvantage on size and speed, and Blackman's coach and staff are very good. The Rebels will play with Blackman but you are kidding yourself if you think they will roll.

Think we can close this topic MLREB just hit it out of the park with his comment ... Well done !

I have seen this utter disrespect for a team like this in the past and it has turned out to be much different than expected. I know full well how good Maryville is, but I believe people are drastically underestimating Blackman.....

This is just the nature of the beast. This is Maryvilles 14th year straight of practicing on Thanksgiving and most people don't respect that. You should hear some of the stuff I've heard walking back to the car on Friday night from the opposing fans. I don't care for the expression "Haters are gonna Hate" but it's true. Blackmon has done something right or you wouldn't be practicing Thursday either. Safe travels to Maryville. I hope the weather is good to us Friday!

You Maryville fans can talk about all the glory of the past and any other things that make you proud but come next Friday night you will have to line up or "your team" will have to line up against what I have said all year is the best team in the state and I guarantee these kids don't know and don't care to know how many championships you have won in previous years, all I can tell you is make sure your players snap up their head gear tightly cause this will be a hard hitting affair, haven't seen hitting like last nights Oakland vs Blackman since I played in the SEC in the early nineties, Game on my Friends!!!!!!! ;)

I guess this is how the big time feels? I feel like a Freshman at the prom. I hope someone will ask me to dance and I don't throw up. Big week coming up. Call Grayhound fo tickets, gotta renta tux, get hair did, teefus cleaned. Shoot I gone be sooo buzy!

P.S Was this thread really started by a Dobbins Bennett fan? I guess that's one way to get to the semi's! :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

I have seen this utter disrespect for a team like this in the past and it has turned out to be much different than expected. I know full well how good Maryville is, but I believe people are drastically underestimating Blackman.....

It always amazes me this time of year ... all these other teams are out and that is when everybody comes and puts their 2 cents worth in , and people like you who have been on CoachT  a long time and you don't even pay attention to who is saying what . There is not one actual Maryville fan above who is talking big and bad . Maryville respects Blackman and most real Maryville fans have seen tape of them playing and know we have a fight on our hands coming . Seriously , it isn't the trolls , hanger ons and all the others that amaze me , it's guys who want to criticize an entire team and fan base without even having a clue who the real Maryville fans are !