South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

I believe when UC started the Jr. Football program the middle school and high school programs have got a lot better. Just ask BigSwo this Jr. Class was the first team to start the Jr. Program and I think he said they went 2 years undefeated. They are going to be strong for years to come.

I agree 100% on the youth football! I have said it other post, but the Wayne Co boys that were seniors on the 2011 state championship team were 4 years old when WC started youth football and the first group that got to play every year. As for next year WC has alot of boys that will be sophomores and juniors that got to start all year this year along with 4 returning lineman that started. I hope WC gets a chance to play UC next year, it will mean we have had a good year and made it far.

BigSwo you met Eraser.. i never said i was coming To meet but i did see your big ol butt standing down there holding A umbrella in a grey rainsuit. But i was warm and didnt wanna move lol

Well Pirate tom and Chickendave, Roy and some others said they would like to meet up. I stood there for a long time listening to Erase fire those Pirates up and finally we started taking. I think we shook hands about 4 times. He is a proud Pirate supporter. I want to tell the rest of you who left me standing there just one thing. .....I hope your boo hiney grows together.

Well Pirate tom and Chickendave, Roy and some others said they would like to meet up. I stood there for a long time listening to Erase fire those Pirates up and finally we started taking. I think we shook hands about 4 times. He is a proud Pirate supporter. I want to tell the rest of you who left me standing there just one thing. .....I hope your boo hiney grows together.

That's a mean thing to say, BigSwo.  How would they talk?

Edited by MountainTroll

I believe when UC started the Jr. Football program the middle school and high school programs have got a lot better. Just ask BigSwo this Jr. Class was the first team to start the Jr. Program and I think he said they went 2 years undefeated. They are going to be strong for years to come.

Current Jr class junior tornadoes were undefeated in all 4 years of play.  (3rd -6th grade)

It is true that this group of juniors were the first to go through the Jr Tornado program. I was fortunate enough to get to help coach the sophomore class of this team. I'm not sure how many years this junoir class went undefeated but they won 95% of their games. I now help with my 4th grade son's Jr Totnado team and we are 2 years undefeated now. Future looks bright for UC football.

I didn't realize the JTFL was that new. It is a well run program that I am proud to be a part of. I was telling my son today that hopefully in a few years he would get a chance to go to Cookeville or wherever the championships are played in 5 to 8 years. I can remember talking to people about why West Tenn football appeared weak compared to the rest of the state. I thought the lack of youth programs was a big reason why. And I think that most of the better teams out west now have great youth programs. UC in single A. Westview in AAA has a great youth football program. Henry County, Huntingdon, and Milan all consistantly good. All have good youth football. I hope other area teams take notice

Great game. but this was really a 4A vs 2A for the 1A champuionship.  open zoning dominates 1A

What kind of comment is this?  Obion County has a total population of about 30,000.  3 high schools (Obion County Central 4a, Union City 1a, and South Fulton 1a)  We are a farming community with a WalMart.  But we do have good schools at all 3.  All 3 schools have good facilities.   

Bigdan was a troll in the NCS vs UC thread, now a troll in SP vs UC thread.  Make comments like that, back it up!

Great game. but this was really a 4A vs 2A for the 1A champuionship. open zoning dominates 1A

What on earth are you talking about? You know last week you said we would be crying all the way home because NCS , a private school, would end our season. There was no way a singleA Team could play with them. Well we won. Now that we have won the title you come on here and prove what I thought about you last week. You sir are an imbecile. A disgruntled squall bag. You are irrelevant to me from now on.

Great game today by Union City. I knew line play would be huge and it was as UC controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. This UC team has size and speed which is a deadly combination. I also saw some great sportsmanship as they were congratulating the Pirate players who were playing their last high school game. Congrats on the championship!

Now to my Pirates...y'all came up a little short of your goal this year... Just ran into a very good football team. Be proud of your accomplishments and that you never gave up in this game. Underclassmen just get ready to hit the weights....seniors, thanks for the great year.

Where was all that speed that SP was suppose to have possessed UC was strong and faster all the way across the board. I know SP player won Mr. football but I would take all 3 of UC backs over SP backs. The score was a lot closer than the game. Congrats to UC on the Gold Ball!!

Most of that speed mess you heard from a few delusional fans. We are proud of our boys and we have some very good backs. No need in degrading them as u are doing. Not that it would have mattered but Mr football Lankford has been injured since the 2nd rd and has not been as effective in the playoffs. UC has good backs but they also have a massive line to run behind.