South Pitt vs Coalfield

oldcoalfield88

I am not really sure why folks got twisted up over the starter thing and the radio announcers were the once freaking out over it and were concerned over out QB in there up until the fiasco. The thing is that the 2nd QB is Fitzgerald and wouldn't have been a step down, and would also be a big deal if the Pirates lost him also. I am not sure putting in a 3rd string QB would have been a good thing. Frankly, if CF wanted starters pulled, they could have pulled theirs 1st.

Figure if them Coalfield folkes had thrown out a white towel coach Tim would have been happy to put his booger team in! Edited by OLD PIRATE

I wasn't twisted up about it, I just couldn't believe Grider left them in.  The undisputed MVP was furious by the end of the game and was in there right up until the end on defense.  I was really afraid he was going to get ejected or injured.  No reason to risk it at that point.

I wasn't referring to you but in generally and especially those radio goobers.  I thought they were going to have an aneurism.  It wasn't Lankford they were whigging out about either.  They were afraid Mitchel was going to score again.  Again, my point is that some of the replacements in key positions are starters in others positions such as the 2nd QB.

I wasn't referring to you but in generally and especially those radio goobers. I thought they were going to have an aneurism. It wasn't Lankford they were whigging out about either. They were afraid Mitchel was going to score again. Again, my point is that some of the replacements in key positions are starters in others positions such as the 2nd QB.

I personally never complained about the starters (I know you aren't blaming me for that) but you make a very good point. It's not like you guys have a freshman sitting on the bench waiting to be called in at QB. At this level coaches will move a starter from another position instead of bringing in a younger, unexperienced player esp to play qb. The backup qb is usually the best skill player on the team who isn't the starting qb at this level of football Edited by KickinWing11

I personally never complained about the starters (I know you aren't blaming me for that) but you make a very good point. It's not like you guys have a freshman sitting on the bench waiting to be called in at QB. At this level coaches will move a starter from another position instead of bringing in a younger, unexperienced player esp to play qb. The backup qb is usually the best skill player on the team who isn't the starting qb at this level of football

I thought Coalfield was too good to pull the starters too soon and it becomes a fine line between too soon and not soon enough.