balance of power switching to 6aaa

90warrior

after years of dominance from 5aaa i think it has finally switched from 5aaa to 6aaa with cookeville,stone, and white county being loaded this year and already thumping bradley, ooltewah, and walker valley. the only bad thing is cookeville, stone, and white are going to beat up on each other in the district. i think there is a legitamate chance that cookeville, stone and white county could all be ranked in the top ten in the state which would be awesom. anyway, what does everybody else think?

Wishful thinking... 5AAA wins 3 of 4 tonight.

I think I posted back around early January not to count your chickens yet.

I'm going to guess that Stone probably wins the tournament. But again, all 3 teams from Bradley County (Bradley, Cleveland & Walker Valley) win in 1st round of region. Balance of power for Region 3AAA still resides in Bradley County -LOL.

Looking forward to the Region 3 AAA semis, hope the Stone Panthers can represent. I was looking at classification numbers today; I didn't realize that Cookeville HS was bigger than Stone and Cumberland County together. I think Cumberland County is the smallest school in 3A!

Edited by Tenntwin

what an ending

So did the Stone player walk at the end? The radio guys (who were from Cleveland station) said that one ref called a walk & another ref came in and called the foul with 1.8 seconds left.

Radio guys said not close to a foul & the Cleveland coach said on the post game radio show that they were basically robbed.

In my viewpoint, the game was tied, so Cleveland wasn't robbed necessarily (because they still would have had to win in OT), but Stone may have been given a huge gift to get the free throws with 1.8 seconds left to break the tie if it truly was a phantom call. I wasn't there, so i don't know... Just asking what any unbiased fan thought.

Thanks

So did the Stone player walk at the end? The radio guys (who were from Cleveland station) said that one ref called a walk & another ref came in and called the foul with 1.8 seconds left.

Radio guys said not close to a foul & the Cleveland coach said on the post game radio show that they were basically robbed.

In my viewpoint, the game was tied, so Cleveland wasn't robbed necessarily (because they still would have had to win in OT), but Stone may have been given a huge gift to get the free throws with 1.8 seconds left to break the tie if it truly was a phantom call. I wasn't there, so i don't know... Just asking what any unbiased fan thought.

Thanks

Well I am not sure I would qualify as unbiased as I am a SMHS fan, but I was about 30ft away when it happened. I am sure it didn't appear to be a huge foul to the Cleveland faithful, but when he went around the Cleveland defender the defender tried to slide in front of him and clipped his front leg. He was almost around the defender and so he was basically tripped.  So did he "travel" well he probably did when he fell,  but would he have fell if he hadn't been tripped? Well probably not. There were far less intrusive fouls called for Cleveland earlier in the game.

The Cleveland coach's hissy fit after the game was sad. It was a tremendous game but screaming at the officials after a loss is not the kind of behavior that a coach should exhibit.

Edited by TCBinTN