Wing T Offense is Not a 6a State Title Offense.

64NB95

Mr. Postman said here's my address and phone number.

That's some Gonads gentlemen. Classic!

Mr. Postman, I'm a Portland supporter, but you have my support too. I really respect lthe coach you are referring to and I think he is a great coach, but you are entitled to your opinion. You know what they say, everybody's got one and most of them stink.

Gonads indeed!!!!!!!

yet, another assumption that Coach Hatfield doesnt coach up his QBs. did you watch him like you watched coach Kelley? You know that Kelley is as by the book Delaware Wing T as you get right? how many State Championships did all that QB coaching get him? how many 2nd place Silver balls? i am also pretty sure a High School Coach cant coach football during the offseason due to TSSAA rules... i am sure Coach Kelley would not have broke rules during off season.

When Hatfield retires or moves on, HHS may wish the wing t would come back. "careful what you wish for"

Thanks Coach.   I guess you have taken all that you can stand.  Go to KFC and order a Single Wing.  You will get looked at funny there also!!!

It's all about fun and Opinions.  I just think the Game is changing and some are not changing with the Game.  It's hard to go Fast Pace no huddle in the Wing T.  I guess it could be done.  The Single Wing was used in the 50's and Johnny Majors loved it.  But even he knew in his Tenure as Coach it wasn't the offense for the time of his Coaching Period.  I have no Confidence is the Wing T winning consistently at the State level for 4 thru 6A.  1 to 3 A it is much more suited for as long as you don't face Alcoa or CPA.

It's all about fun and Opinions.  I just think the Game is changing and some are not changing with the Game.  It's hard to go Fast Pace no huddle in the Wing T.  I guess it could be done.  The Single Wing was used in the 50's and Johnny Majors loved it.  But even he knew in his Tenure as Coach it wasn't the offense for the time of his Coaching Period.  I have no Confidence is the Wing T winning consistently at the State level for 4 thru 6A.  1 to 3 A it is much more suited for as long as you don't face Alcoa or CPA.

Well Hendersonville has done it with Bruce Hatfield for 15 years and has been to 4 title games. You can still win with the Wing-T, because when its runs right, its impossible to stop in the hands of a good quarterback

yet, another assumption that Coach Hatfield doesnt coach up his QBs. did you watch him like you watched coach Kelley? You know that Kelley is as by the book Delaware Wing T as you get right? how many State Championships did all that QB coaching get him? how many 2nd place Silver balls? i am also pretty sure a High School Coach cant coach football during the offseason due to TSSAA rules... i am sure Coach Kelley would not have broke rules during off season.

When Hatfield retires or moves on, HHS may wish the wing t would come back. "careful what you wish for"

My original comment on this was directed at Portland and not hendersonville. I don't question what hatfield does, it got them a silver ball and that's a huge accomplishment, however... Since you asked, I know there's not a lot of time spent with the QBs.

In regards to portland. If we're going to play the we're little, we're slow, we can't throw card... Play to that and slow the game down and keep it close. Don't try to run the no huddle and make the game longer. If you know you can't score with your opponent, slow the game down.

I don't get on here to bash coaching whatsoever, but let's not place all the blame in the kids either. Stating they have "no talent", while not singling a kid out, places all the blame collectively on the kids. The offense was terrible overall. They scored less points than ANY 5A school. Defend it if you must, but that's just BAD! Whether it's the offense, scheme, play calling, etc. it's bad. 60 points in a season doesn't rest solely on the talent. I watched them play more than once and it wasn't good. I guess I'll "act" like I know what I'm talking about and say the offense, scheme, play calling, etc did not match the personnel.

Anyone can score with superior talent. A good coach can with mediocre talent. While they may not have had superior talent in any game, 60 points (which who knows how many of those were against backups) is just plain BAD and IMO rests on the coordinator.

My original comment on this was directed at Portland and not hendersonville. I don't question what hatfield does, it got them a silver ball and that's a huge accomplishment, however... Since you asked, I know there's not a lot of time spent with the QBs.

In regards to portland. If we're going to play the we're little, we're slow, we can't throw card... Play to that and slow the game down and keep it close. Don't try to run the no huddle and make the game longer. If you know you can't score with your opponent, slow the game down.

I don't get on here to bash coaching whatsoever, but let's not place all the blame in the kids either. Stating they have "no talent", while not singling a kid out, places all the blame collectively on the kids. The offense was terrible overall. They scored less points than ANY 5A school. Defend it if you must, but that's just BAD! Whether it's the offense, scheme, play calling, etc. it's bad. 60 points in a season doesn't rest solely on the talent. I watched them play more than once and it wasn't good. I guess I'll "act" like I know what I'm talking about and say the offense, scheme, play calling, etc did not match the personnel.

Anyone can score with superior talent. A good coach can with mediocre talent. While they may not have had superior talent in any game, 60 points (which who knows how many of those were against backups) is just plain BAD and IMO rests on the coordinator.

And my apologies... I was on the wrong thread! Portland runs the single wing, not sure how that transpired.

Facts about Hville in 2013

1. Had 3 returning starters from 2012 on offense and 3 on defense

2. None of the o line had ever started a varsity game

3. O line had 4 kids in the 215-225 range, 1 kid at 240

4. Offense ended up with slightly over 5,100 yards (4,200 on the ground and 900 in the air) and averaged 37 points a game going into the Maryville game. All school records.

5. Coaches did an outstanding job of putting our guys in positions to be successful. No D1's on the roster, no prima donnas. We use the offense that is best suited for our personnel. We don't do flavor of the month.

6. Had over 400 yards and scored 49 points in the semis against a very good White Station team. White Station did play Whitehaven twice, South Panola Ms, and Oakland and none of those national powerhouses put those offensive numbers up.

MJ proved it last year when they scored 35 on state champ Whitehaven in the semis, you can be successful with the wing T.

Thanks to our players and coaches from the Commando nation for a memorable season! (Picked to finish 5th in the district)

4. Offense ended up with slightly over 5,100 yards (4,200 on the ground and 900 in the air) and averaged 37 points a game going into the Maryville game. All school records.

5. Coaches did an outstanding job of putting our guys in positions to be successful. No D1's on the roster, no prima donnas. We use the offense that is best suited for our personnel. We don't do flavor of the month.

6. Had over 400 yards and scored 49 points in the semis against a very good White Station team. White Station did play Whitehaven twice, South Panola Ms, and Oakland and none of those national powerhouses put those offensive numbers up.

MJ proved it last year when they scored 35 on state champ Whitehaven in the semis, you can be successful with the wing T.

Thanks to our players and coaches from the Commando nation for a memorable season! (Picked to finish 5th in the district)

Excellent year! Nothing to be ashamed of.

I do believe Elston will be more involved next year, as he seemed to play a bigger role as the season progressed. A lot of people have the misconception you can't throw out of the wing T, because most teams don't.

Your opinion isn't worth 2 cents. You should worry about Westmoreland, and let Portland folks worry about Portland. Coach Kelly is a good coach, no doubt, but he would not have won anymore games this year than the previous coach. Besides Westmoreland, Portland was outmanned every other game talent wise. If you don't think so, then that just proves you don't know football.

If Westmoreland was outmanned every game talent wise then they must have a pretty good coaching staff cause they wound up with a pretty darn good season. The poor mouthing about the players didn't stop us did it? The single wing stinks and that's the bottom line cause I said so.

Excellent year! Nothing to be ashamed of.

I do believe Elston will be more involved next year, as he seemed to play a bigger role as the season progressed. A lot of people have the misconception you can't throw out of the wing T, because most teams don't.

In the mid 90's, Beech ran their version of the wing-t and passed out of it a lot. They were very successful.

Excellent post Mondo ! Pretty silly for some to be bashing Hendersonville when they were one of the last 2 teams standing . With just 6 returning Starters and moving up from 5A to 6A Hendersonville should be very Proud !