Who would Ya'll pick for Preseason 1A top 10?

BigDave1967

Nashville Christian will be good  but not for the reasons you say.  its not Brothers  coaching ability its his recruiting ability.  My boys are in that district and we beat them 3 years ago with way less talent.  If he cant out talent you he wont beat you.  Sadly he is going to be able to out talent most folks.  NCS lost their QB and Brothers seems to like to run lots of different plays, not just the ones that will work.  The QB really made them go last year.  If you dont have to fear the QB most of his stuff is predictable. But predictable or not you still have to stop their tailback that i guess will be even better this year.  Hopefully BA will come get him one day but i doubt it, i think they can see through the smoke and mirrors hes got going .  I dont know of another single A team that has 2 SEC recruits and he couldnt get that team to the final game.  Union City wins it again

Didn't they get a qb for the upcoming yr?

Didn't they get a qb for the upcoming yr?

Two juniors will compete for the starting job.  One that played a little as a sophomore - he's ahead on the depth chart now.  And the other is a hot-shot baseball player that will be in his second year at NCS but hasn't played football for a few years.  For the most part, either one will be handing the ball to one of the best backs in 1A and watching him taking it to the end zone.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Back to lists of top 10, Pirate Tom & PiratePride have good lists, Lake County and perhaps Dresden may be best surprises in West, but for me, hogheaven had funniest list! Just hope everyone stays healthy, probably wont happen, but doesnt hurt to hope. Competitors want the best crew out there with the best effort from team(s) they face who are not missing anyone. May better teams win! Hurry up August!

Back to lists of top 10, Pirate Tom & PiratePride have good lists, Lake County and perhaps Dresden may be best surprises in West, but for me, hogheaven had funniest list! Just hope everyone stays healthy, probably wont happen, but doesnt hurt to hope. Competitors want the best crew out there with the best effort from team(s) they face who are not missing anyone. May better teams win! Hurry up August!

I agree I can't wait til August either! I think with Wayne county returning an experienced line and the youngest Rice back for his second year as starting qb and a good mix of speed and power in the backfield that WC will be a tough out come playoffs. Logan Cole, Lucas Ray, and Joe Birchette are three very big and bruising backs with great speed and Chase Turnbow who is very quick will give defenses a fit. WC defense will be very tough and hard nosed, much improved from last year.

You never know Bigster but we still have the running back that started seven (7) games (for McLilly) and rushed for almost 850 yards, the back-up QB who probably should have started because he had a better arm then Montague. Humboldt also has the big fullback & DE. Agnew will  also be returning for his senior year so we will see what Coach Reid can do in his second season at Humboldt. Never know how kids grow over the summer & get stronger so I'll never count them out because people have been saying for years that we will be down but somebody always steps up & fill the voids. Humboldt has a lot of talent & the kids coming up ran Coach Reid system at middle school so it shouldn't be a hard transtition just all about getting bigger & stronger. Hopefully, they will have a scrimmage during spring practice & I can see then but I wouldn't count them out just yet..UC still will be the team to beat!!!!

You may be right.I think most have Lake Co in the 4th and 5th spot.Think they are going to surprise some people.Big running back Caldwell is back afetr missing just about the whole season last year.Stenphoski Wilkes is gonna be a stud running the ball and Lake co has anothe rplayer that didnt play last year in Strayhorn about 6'3 and I guess 220 to 230 lbs..May can also be a load if he keeps his mind on doing the right things.Just think with some of the starters back on both sides of the ball and with Caldwell and Strayhorn back to help on defense,think Lake Co will be better.also expect some freshmen to help out in spots.Was thinking one of them,a stud in football and basketball would come up and help out and maybe even push for the starting quarterback job but am hearing rumours he may go to another county his freshman year.Hope not but who knows?May not be anything to the rumours.LC 1968 may know more.

You may be right.I think most have Lake Co in the 4th and 5th spot.Think they are going to surprise some people.Big running back Caldwell is back afetr missing just about the whole season last year.Stenphoski Wilkes is gonna be a stud running the ball and Lake co has anothe rplayer that didnt play last year in Strayhorn about 6'3 and I guess 220 to 230 lbs..May can also be a load if he keeps his mind on doing the right things.Just think with some of the starters back on both sides of the ball and with Caldwell and Strayhorn back to help on defense,think Lake Co will be better.also expect some freshmen to help out in spots.Was thinking one of them,a stud in football and basketball would come up and help out and maybe even push for the starting quarterback job but am hearing rumours he may go to another county his freshman year.Hope not but who knows?May not be anything to the rumours.LC 1968 may know more.

Yes, should be a interesting season for 14a with Union City leading the way. I'm looking for Humboldt to go 6-4 & make the playoffs that would be a great season after losing so much!!!