CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

I may be wrong but I feel a lot of poeple really believe that CPA has cheated or at least has an unfair advantage. I feel last year Livingston Academy would have won the state championship if CPA was d2. You take a group of young men from the same community that played together since age 5 and put them against a team of allstars assembled from several communities and you feel cheated. A small town like Livingston will only have a chance every few years. Cpa can reload every year and that causes alot of hard feelings for alot of us fans. Cpa fans shouldnt wonder why they are not popular with many fans. Religion has nothing to do with this and should be left out. Personally, I don't know any of Cpa's fans or players and Im sure alot are great poeple. But I want them to loose every game they play. If that is wrong oh well!

I may be wrong but I feel a lot of poeple really believe that CPA has cheated or at least has an unfair advantage. I feel last year Livingston Academy would have won the state championship if CPA was d2. You take a group of young men from the same community that played together since age 5 and put them against a team of allstars assembled from several communities and you feel cheated. A small town like Livingston will only have a chance every few years. Cpa can reload every year and that causes alot of hard feelings for alot of us fans. Cpa fans shouldnt wonder why they are not popular with many fans. Religion has nothing to do with this and should be left out. Personally, I don't know any of Cpa's fans or players and Im sure alot are great poeple. But I want them to loose every game they play. If that is wrong oh well!

I guess you are 1 of the 10 DAD1 is referring to. It

I was at a Basketball game last night and it was a 30 point game at the end of the 3rd. The final was an 11 point game. Thru three quarters an eight man rotation was used, the fourth quarter both teams played JV. The coach could have beat the other team by 40, not in his character. Not to say it is the right or wrong approach, it is this coaches way of coaching. Don't blame the players or the fans, its all on the Coaching Staff.

I was at a Basketball game last night and it was a 30 point game at the end of the 3rd. The final was an 11 point game. Thru three quarters an eight man rotation was used, the fourth quarter both teams played JV. The coach could have beat the other team by 40, not in his character. Not to say it is the right or wrong approach, it is this coaches way of coaching. Don't blame the players or the fans, its all on the Coaching Staff.

I guess this approach is working for them. They get more publicity in the Tennessean than all of the other schools in middle Tn combined. Waiting for upcoming article on Blackwell-surely coming soon. CPA basketball is without a shadow of a doubt the most disliked program in the state. How is that mission work with the publics going now? It is easy to see what the top priority and real mission is. Just be what you are, go to d2 and play on a level field, and all the anger directed at you will cease. I am sure ice cream boy or someone else will come up with an obscure bible verse to justify what they do. As Kodger stated earlier-many publics don't get a shot every year and are up against it when competing against the Maddux assembled aau team. Sportsmanship be darned when glory is at stake. #8 checking out I guess.

Edited by mumbletypeg

I guess this approach is working for them. They get more publicity in the Tennessean than all of the other schools in middle Tn combined. Waiting for upcoming article on Blackwell-surely coming soon. CPA basketball is without a shadow of a doubt the most disliked program in the state. How is that mission work with the publics going now? It is easy to see what the top priority and real mission is. Just be what you are, go to d2 and play on a level field, and all the anger directed at you will cease. I am sure ice cream boy or someone else will come up with an obscure bible verse to justify what they do. As Kodger stated earlier-many publics don't get a shot every year and are up against it when competing against the Maddux assembled aau team. Sportsmanship be darned when glory is at stake. #8 checking out I guess.

I wasn't go to get into the fray of why CPA plays starters into the third quarter but after last night  I will tell you all the main reason.  It is not about running up the score or padding the stats.  Last night, if you were at the game, you will see CPA subbed quite frenquently throughout the game and have every game I have been to this year.  CPA starters completely came out about mid Third Qtr and that is pretty common in most games.  CPA generally is up at half by double digits if not more and yes they could pull the starters at half.  If you were there last night, you will see what happens when players are not in shape to play the entire game.  Giles Co. did not sub their starters until the 4th qtr and several still played in the 4th qtr. By half time against a constant pressure and fast paced game, those Giles Co. starters lost their legs.  They couldn't defend, shoot or rebound.  You have to be in game shape to play at that level.  If CPA pulled their starters at half every game, they would not be prepared to play a full game when needed in the tournament or against another team that plays their style.  If you honestly believe any player only played the first half of the game all season and suddenly was asked to play a full game or even three quarters against pressure you don't understand the game or the mental and physical demands.  Have a great day everyone.

I was at a Basketball game last night and it was a 30 point game at the end of the 3rd. The final was an 11 point game. Thru three quarters an eight man rotation was used, the fourth quarter both teams played JV. The coach could have beat the other team by 40, not in his character. Not to say it is the right or wrong approach, it is this coaches way of coaching. Don't blame the players or the fans, its all on the Coaching Staff.

And i was at a game last night where our team put in the JV players in the start of 4th quarter with a 20 point lead and the other team left the starters in and the game ended with a 32 point win.

Should our coach told the JV players not to shoot or score?  of course not.

I mean no disrepect to any school i am going to "mention" with the scores of their games. Your team played the game and the score is the score...

where is this outrage spewed towards CPA, against these teams that "ran up" the score during these games against a team that was clearly out manned.

31-73 Willaim Blount won by 42

53-98 Wartburg won by 43

35-78 Knoxville Ambassodors won by 43

33-77 Harriman won by 44

25-76 Heritage won by 51

41-84 South Greene won by 43

28-80 Grace Christian won by 52

out of 15 games played, 7 have been over 40 point loses.

Still waiting on the outrage and 21 pages of blasting for any of the teams i mentioned before that obviously kept scoring on this one particular team.