Union City and Humbdt Friday Night.Who you got?

copenoc

Yes, I agree!! From what I've heard,he makes good grades (B student) & hasn't been in any trouble! I know he took the ACT a couple weeks ago & is waiting for results!! Hopefully, he will pass so that he's eligible but will still have about three (3) more attempts if he doesn't get score!!

Yea, hopefully he can knock that out of the way and open up his recruitment a lot more. From what I've seen, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and seems like a good kid. It'd be great to see Boykins send a high level player out of his program.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, hopefully he can knock that out of the way and open up his recruitment a lot more. From what I've seen, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and seems like a good kid. It'd be great to see Boykins send a high level player out of his program.

I have the feeling that he's going to be the one but Humboldt has a lot of talent just have to keep the kids on the right path! Bradford should be in the top three (3) for Mr. Basketball but I think he would rather win another state championship!!

Bradford played with the Memphis stars. I believe & that's why people really don't know about him! Halls Arkansas, who has won the last six state championships in 6A ball & had a couple D-1 players, Bradford dropped 25 on them!!!!

Four in a row....Five of the last six but still impressive, nonetheless...

I'll go Union City 59-56....

GC The only difference between Bradford and Hubbs is Bradford is left handed. Lol..He is a really good player and deserves a shot at a good D1 school..I think Hubbs was better in the post but Bradford is a guard and thats a good thing for his height..I'm sure a lot of colleges are looking for a 6'4 guard and that's a understatement.

Humboldt has a very good team,but they only play 7,so they dont have a loaded bench.The only guys that can shoot from outside is Bradford and Turner.Agnew is not consistent. Brown,Mclilly,Montague,and 31,you have to keep off the boards because thats their only offense. When they played Lake Co and LC was playing a 2-3 zone,I dont know why they went out to guard Mclilly,Montague,and 31.You have to make them shoot that 3.I think the key is rebounding, if UC keep them off the offensive boards,UC will win,if Humboldt is getting a lot of offensive rebounds, they will win.

I've seen both teams and I think Union city will have to play a zone.Maybe Deberry and his lenght can guard Bradford if they play man.Dont think anyone else on Union city can gueard Bradford.If Union city plays a zone and Turner is also hitting,Humboldt by 10 points.As for Dexter taking the humbodlt job after Coach boykin retires,think Humboldt will be down the next several seasons.May still have some talent but think they will be behind Union City,Lake Co and South Fulton after this years group leaves.

I've seen both teams and I think Union city will have to play a zone.Maybe Deberry and his lenght can guard Bradford if they play man.Dont think anyone else on Union city can gueard Bradford.If Union city plays a zone and Turner is also hitting,Humboldt by 10 points.As for Dexter taking the humbodlt job after Coach boykin retires,think Humboldt will be down the next several seasons.May still have some talent but think they will be behind Union City,Lake Co and South Fulton after this years group leaves.

Lol, you hope Humboldt is down after this season but we just keep reloading & competing so let's focus on this season!!! No disrespect to Deberry but he can't guard Bradford. Bradford is quicker, stronger & will take him off the dribble! UC best chance is to play zone but then they will have to box out but should be a good game as always!!

Lol, you hope Humboldt is down after this season but we just keep reloading & competing so let's focus on this season!!! No disrespect to Deberry but he can't guard Bradford. Bradford is quicker, stronger & will take him off the dribble! UC best chance is to play zone but then they will have to box out but should be a good game as always!!

Bradford may be too quick for Deberry but I think he'd be the only player from Union city that would have aq chance man to man because of his height.Dont think anyone else could guard him.Other players are too short and Bradford would shoot over them or drive around them.Personally I'd play a zone and make him shoot outside.He gets a lot of points driving against smaller players .You're right about not worrying about next year.Dont blame you with the team you have this year.And they are all seniors?They may re;oad but wont be nowhere near as good as the past several seasons.Competitive yes.Probably middle of the pack.

Edited by mrbigster

Humboldt has a very good team,but they only play 7,so they dont have a loaded bench.The only guys that can shoot from outside is Bradford and Turner.Agnew is not consistent. Brown,Mclilly,Montague,and 31,you have to keep off the boards because thats their only offense. When they played Lake Co and LC was playing a 2-3 zone,I dont know why they went out to guard Mclilly,Montague,and 31.You have to make them shoot that 3.I think the key is rebounding, if UC keep them off the offensive boards,UC will win,if Humboldt is getting a lot of offensive rebounds, they will win.

I agree.I'd let Mclilly and the others shoot outside all night long.Turner and Bradford are the only outside threats I saw.But we were just too small to keep Brown  and company off the boards.Hoping that will change the next time we meet.