HAMPTON BULLDOGS: HOW MANY ROUNDS?

dewswar

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one up this way is slighting Wartburg, on the contrary we are simply trying to defend our Bulldogs. You people get on here and say that we have no chance of winning and that we had better enjoy our final days of practice. Seems to me that we have a problem with our short term memory. We for sure are not taking Wartburg for granted because we know what a good team they have, it is the other way around.

That was me that said Hampton had better enjoy their final days practicing this season. I'm sticking by that statement by and by my friends. If the truth hurts, then so be it. I've looked and looked at the play-offs historys and just don't see a big W by any Hampton vs. Wartburg games for Hampton. It is 2-0 Wartburg and fixing to be 3-0. OS is also 1-0 against Hampton. Hampton did manage two win a couple of games from this region back in the mid 90s--Harriman and Alcoa. However, more recently, these teams along with Wartburg have OWNED Hampton. Friday night will be no different.

Before the cloudland/Hampton game 2, I would have been inclined to agree with you. But the dogs gave the then #1 Landers all they could handle and could have won the game if not for Mark "The Franchise" Byrd. This is a tough game to predict and could be the best game this friday night. I can appreciate the fact that you are history buff answer9, but I don't believe last year or years before, will have any bearing on friday nights' game. I still hold to my prediction of Hampton by 2. Let the battle of the dawgs begin!

My point is....that region is almost as weak as the one that Grundy Co and Chatt Howard play in. I mean once in a blue moon a team from up there wins one game in the play-offs. Once or twice, including Hampton back in 1996, a team from Region 1 won two games, but...not since realignment back in 1993 has any team from that region won more THAN 2 games. It ain't happening this year neither.

Wartburg is on a MISSION to play OS again. I'm sticking with the DAWGS from The 'BURG!! :)

I don't see how someone can get on here and say that Hampton will win the first two games and then get killed by sweetwater. remember Sweetwater bearly beat OS and OS had like 4 chances to win or at least make it even closer. I don't see how you think Hampton can beat OS and then get killed but Sweetwater makes no sense to me. But for my rediction I don't realy care a whole lot because I won't probably be able to see OS play any this post season I will be following AE and Maryville with the Video camera and if Wartburgh wins then OS could host two games... but that means nothing to me since I can't see them anyways but I think matt said it right when he said Wartburgh wants a rematch with The bobcats. That will be the deciding factor in this game.

Bulldogs-33 (two missed extra point attempts but no offese)

Hampton--20

Go see the thread: "could see move from 5 classes to 3 or 4 soon..."