Mckenzie Arena or Cow palace?

fooseball96

I know we may not exactly get along, but you sir are a genius.

I once had a coach tell me, "if you look good you feel good, and if you feel good you play good" now this was my hs baseball coach but I think it holds true to wrestling as well (except we don't play wrestling)

I think whole heartedly if you elevate the venue, amp up the finals. Literally everything cbg said . Spotlight finals, on a platform, sandy announcing, even do entrences like the NCAA has started doing the last year. Nothing fancy, just play music, tell the kids stats as he walks down the ramp. Go to a tournament like that during the early rounds and tell me the kids don't wrestle harder, pour more into it, more emotion. When the stakes are higher the kids will work harder and the prize will be greater in the end. Make the tourney a big deal and our talent will grow in TN .

Yes, Yes and more yes

The biggest reason  the location will not change is the the Cow Palace in FREE! and the people there are very nice and easy to work with. Very UNLIKE the goobers at UTC arena. They don't care if wrestling is there and make everything as difficult as they can.  There is no comparison to the atmosphere. It's much better in Chattanooga than Franklin, but that's the way it goes. And yes, as someone else stated Chattanooga always draws a bigger/better crowd because there are more true fans in that area.

• Upvote 2

I think medal so mean a lot to these kids.  Who on this thread that placed in the state tournament doesn't still have his medal?  I have mine from 30 years ago.  I almost hate to show my son as he placed higher than i did but my medals are 3 times as big.  And yes the region medal was a joke too.  There was a day when the state tournament and even the region was a big deal and treated that way but I'm a 81-83 year guy and that was a long time ago.

I do not know what the actual attendance figures are but I was told by a very knowledgeable coach that attendance has been greater at the cow palace than Chattanooga. This same individual informed me that the profit & loss statement that the TSSAA provides to the public is not based on real numbers. The P & L provided is based on PROJECTED REVENUE not actual numbers.

I could see how the attendance might have slightly increased due to the addition of all the new divisions.

Also consider the fact that 2 of the last 3 years the traditional tournament was at UTC they bumped the dates for basketball and the finals were held on a Friday and not Saturday affecting those that could attend the last day. That will never be the problem at the Williamson Co. Ag Center.....

It's a free venue, central location, can bring in your own food, plenty of parking,

AND IT"S A FREE VENUE !!!

Every year the thread gets added but I don't believe they will change the venue.

UTC made a killing while it lasted.

Yes it a free venue, but we need to show that even if you have to pay for an arena the profit would be greater than a free venue.

As much as I hate travel and having to raise all the extra funds to do so... I honestly like the UTC venue much more.  The wrestlers feel like they have reached a pinacle of their season in such a huge venue.  Also, the folks in Chattanooga really do a fantastic job of hosting.  This is not to take away from how great our Middle Tennessee people run the tourney, it's just the Chattanooga people did an outstanding job as well.

Also consider the fact that 2 of the last 3 years the traditional tournament was at UTC they bumped the dates for basketball and the finals were held on a Friday and not Saturday affecting those that could attend the last day. That will never be the problem at the Williamson Co. Ag Center.....

It very well could happen if the price of beef goes up or mad cow disease makes them have a sale and they need the arena.