Region 7A Tournament

GCPioneer

I honestly thought we should've went zone in the first half when they started breaking our press, but I'm not going to second guess a coach who has won as many games as Coach Wilkins has. Dresden did play a near flawless game. Hatches and McAlpn played great games. It was a fun game to watch despite my team losing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Dresden and to GC for a great season. Sounds like it was a good game. UC and Dresden in the Championship...I still see a possibility of 2 teams from North of I-40 going to the Boro. GC has a bright future ahead....still.

If Dresden plays and shoots like they did tonight, they could very well send UC on the road for substate. I really wasn't expecting Dresden to play that sound of a game against us. I knew they were solid, but tonight they were flawless with what they did. It was impressive to say the least.

Dresden has the best point guard in the region from the teams I have seen.  She was a force last night.  Mcalpin is pretty solid too.  They will have to rebound to beat UC.

She did play well. I bet Coach Wilkins wish he would have went to a matchup zone in hindsight. She was getting good penetration and setting up the open threes. Of course we were all in foul trouble as well. If they shoot like they did last night, they will not get beat by anyone including Murfreesboro. I will be pulling for them especially if they make it to the Boro. You would have to think they would cool off a little bit. But nonetheless, great performance by Dresden.

She did play well. I bet Coach Wilkins wish he would have went to a matchup zone in hindsight. She was getting good penetration and setting up the open threes. Of course we were all in foul trouble as well. If they shoot like they did last night, they will not get beat by anyone including Murfreesboro. I will be pulling for them especially if they make it to the Boro. You would have to think they would cool off a little bit. But nonetheless, great performance by Dresden.

I would think they would cool off at some point too, but it seems as if they have really turned it up a notch in districts and regionals. Their coach has them playing at a high level.

I would think they would cool off at some point too, but it seems as if they have really turned it up a notch in districts and regionals. Their coach has them playing at a high level.

It's almost a lock that Union City will draw either Jackson County or Clarkrange in the first game of the state tournament and I'm telling you that is where their winning streak will end. These two teams are playing at a different level and Coe for Jackson County is unguardable at the high school level. She out scored Watertown by herself last night with 2 and 3 people on her the entire game and UC has no one on their team that can stop her nor can they make a shot above the free throw line consistently so they can't beat Jackson County but thats nothing knew everyone knows that. Clarkrange is a much different team than the one they faced last year and will be able to matchup size wise against UC but the big difference is CR's guard play. They can make shots something UC hasn't proven they can do when it counts the most. It's an all 7A final once again.

Edited by UCSportsFan

I'm not saying that UC will beat either of the two, but I'm sure UC is better than Watertown and Clay Co. Union City's physicality and size just overwhelms teams. They can shoot the ball better this year as well. Amber Fair is very consistent from outside and I saw others stepping up and knocking down the 3 ball as well last night. I think it'll come down to those 3 and if either of those 2 beat UC, they deserve to win a state championship. Union City is tough man....

I'm not saying that UC will beat either of the two, but I'm sure UC is better than Watertown and Clay Co. Union City's physicality and size just overwhelms teams. They can shoot the ball better this year as well. Amber Fair is very consistent from outside and I saw others stepping up and knocking down the 3 ball as well last night. I think it'll come down to those 3 and if either of those 2 beat UC, they deserve to win a state championship. Union City is tough man....

No doubt they are better than those two teams and they are a very good team capable of winning it all. I would love to see a first round matchup between them and Clarkrange lol

Greenfield has some very good 6th grade talent and has a bright future. Can't remember their names, but they play with the Lady Flash's AAU team in Jackson. We played them last summer and they are for real. If GC can control their own TO's and keep creating TO's and stay out of foul trouble the sky is the limit for these girls. I think if Holt can play well they will do well. She is either on or off. She had a very bad game against Greenfield in the Dist. Tourn. and still won. If the Mullins kid plays well that is helpful as well. They are their seniors and their freshman and sophomores are more consistent. I think the semis will be very competitive. I look for GC and UC to play in the finals.

Only one girl from Greenfield that plays for the the Flash & that's Tess Daby. Other Weakley County girls on that team were from Dresden & Gleason & both point guards.

Edited by dtownfan364

What a great game last night to watch between Gibson County & Dresden girls. Gibson County's #4 is unstoppable. She can penetrate & find the basket. I think we (Dresden) really benefited from having depth on the bench. Gibson County girls have nothing to hang their heads about. It was a fantastic effort. Keep the winning streak alive Lady Lions!

Yea GC had a great season with a lot of youth on that team..I think. Dresden just played lights out and congrats to those girls..But man..GC Is gonna be so scary good next year and their time will come at the glass house next year..Good job and congrats on a great season..Maybe UC will take care of business to tomorrow night.