Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

Figure I will be the coach before Gaddis will leave oak ridge. Hate to say it but the coach is as important as anything in a football program. Dresden won 1 game in three years before Hodge arrived and went 6 and 4 his first year. Hasn't missed playoffs since. Talent wasn't any better but the kids, parents, and community bought into his program and flourished. Not saying another coach won't do a good job but we know what we have with Chad and we are good with that!!

in recent years, Dresden has not had a 1 win in 3 year stretch, and going back to 02 and 03, those teams were better than any Dresden has had since.  This was also when they did not play a 1a schedule.

It is funny how rumors get started.  I have not heard about players not playing if chad doesn't get the job.  I also talked to the qb's dad the other day and point blank asked him if they would move if chad doesn't get the job and he wants to see who they hire but had no intentions of moving. He said he doesn't see how people just up and move.  The players will play if they truly enjoy the game but I also know that they really like chad.  Most people will be disappointed if he doesn't get the job and others will do cartwheels.  Just wish they would make a hire soon.

• Upvote 1

It is funny how rumors get started.  I have not heard about players not playing if chad doesn't get the job.  I also talked to the qb's dad the other day and point blank asked him if they would move if chad doesn't get the job and he wants to see who they hire but had no intentions of moving. He said he doesn't see how people just up and move.  The players will play if they truly enjoy the game but I also know that they really like chad.  Most people will be disappointed if he doesn't get the job and others will do cartwheels.  Just wish they would make a hire soon.

Best reply yet

Edited by 34ME

This is really funny and amazing how fast the rumor mill gets fired up. I've talked to the QB's dad and he is like most of the community wanting Chad to be our coach. Most people have heard the past two years that the kid was going to transfer to a private school in Memphis and he hasn't.  Hodge has done a  good job of getting Dresden players noticed at the college level along with scholarships. I can think of 9 players that have gone to college for football since Hodge has been here and three more from this years team who have offers in place. I can only think of four or five from the last fifteen years, pre Hodge.

Why do you guys think the process is taking so long?

Actually, I think the bid was just taken down. You figure 15 interviews will take a couple weeks. Chuck was more worried about girls basketball than hiring a coach. Girls got beat so Chuck is forced to work on getting a coach now. He did say that he would have him hired by the time spring ball starts. It's really funny to me and I'm glad i'm not in Chuck's shoes. If he hires Chad he will be worried about what could happen with his antics? If he doesn't hire Chad and hires someone else, the majority of the community will give him a ton of mess (for lack of a better term). Wonder where the interviews will take place? Heard the boys are watching the front doors like a hawk to see who walks in or out.

I'm pretty sure Chad can tone down his antics while still showing his enthusiasm.  He is a pretty smart guy and can do what he needs to do to get it done.  I don't think the players and community would support him if they didn't believe he could do it.  Surely your principal won't interview all 15 people.  I would say he might do 3-5 interviews.  I hope things work out for you guys and you get him.  When does Dresden have spring break?

Edited by FootballFan1970