It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

Just group all open zone and private schools into one division. Any school that allows students to pay a fee to attend goes into that division.

Exactly ..... why is that so hard for TSSAA to realize ??? Been saying that is the most even playing field that there can be .. its very simple to make it fair for all concerned ...... why dont they do it ?????

if a 6a school with 1600-2500 kids can't find 75-100(5%) boys to play good football that's on them. Where the problem is, let's say a school has 525 students. Which is 3A. They then pulls students from an area with 1500 hs age kids and brings in say 75 kids,25 gifted ball players. They are up to 600 students, still 3a, but composition of the team is more like 5a or 6a. Specially if they make a fee to come from out of zone. If you make them have a x3 multiplier....those 75 kids would count as 225 five students, which would be 525 plus 225...750, bumping them up a class to 4a. Seems fairest way to do it.

Funny! I guess you don't know that Alcoa and Maryville are 5 miles apart. if Alcoa pulls ALL the area talent then how can Maryville Dominate? If Maryville pulls ALL the area talent ...............then how does Alcoa dominate?  Don't believe it? Modern tools like Google earth will prove the location and distance. Go look for yourself.......THEN read your lame post above. Open zone is NOT Maryville's and Alcoa's ADVANTAGE. 

Also................remember Alcoa is the second or third smallest 3A school. It will be hard to bump them up to 4A much less 5A. But........who cares...............The F5 Tornadoes will keep winning and LOSERS like you will keep WHINING! 

oh,one last thing...............Alcoa scored 75 points on lowerman,...more than ANY team Alcoa played! Love it! Ha!

. Open zone is NOT Maryville's and Alcoa's ADVANTAGE. 

A lot of people will never understand. I have seen several years when Maryville and Alcoa weren't very good. Maryville is great right now because of GQ and his staff. Alcoa is dominant now because of Gary Rankin and his staff. Open Zone doesn't hurt but great coaching helps you win a lot.

A lot of people will never understand. I have seen several years when Maryville and Alcoa weren't very good. Maryville is great right now because of GQ and his staff. Alcoa is dominant now because of Gary Rankin and his staff. Open Zone doesn't hurt but great coaching helps you win a lot.

I agree that coaching will carry you a long way but I believe most of the time in high school it's more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than the X's and O's     Rankin is a very good coach but I do believe Alcoa was doing very well before he came!

Edited by alltime

Funny! I guess you don't know that Alcoa and Maryville are 5 miles apart. if Alcoa pulls ALL the area talent then how can Maryville Dominate? If Maryville pulls ALL the area talent ...............then how does Alcoa dominate? Don't believe it? Modern tools like Google earth will prove the location and distance. Go look for yourself.......THEN read your lame post above. Open zone is NOT Maryville's and Alcoa's ADVANTAGE.

Also................remember Alcoa is the second or third smallest 3A school. It will be hard to bump them up to 4A much less 5A. But........who cares...............The F5 Tornadoes will keep winning and LOSERS like you will keep WHINING!

oh,one last thing...............Alcoa scored 75 points on lowerman,...more than ANY team Alcoa played! Love it! Ha!

heard Upperman. Won tonight and going to state, how did Alcoa's game turn out?

I agree that coaching will carry you a long way but I believe most of the time in high school it's more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than the X's and O's Rankin is a very good coach but I do believe Alcoa was doing very well before he came!

I agree 100% Rankin is a great coach. But where I played, Riverdale......soon as the hard zone came in(more like enforced).....Blackman, then Seigal were being built, RANKIN HIT THE ROAD. Yes he is a great coach, but without the ability to pull from outside his zone and fron Knoxville....he would not be at Alcoa. Look at Rankin at Smith Co. Good teams, and made a few decent playoff runs. And Smith Co is larger enrollment than Alcoa. Problem is, he couldn't pull Lebanon kids over to SC like he could pull kids over at Riverdale(before zones enforced) and like he does at Alcoa. Just a fact, not a Slam. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

It seems easy to blame losing seasons on privates...  open zone should be as much of a concern and as soon as privates are gone, they will be the target.  When people lose they justify it some way and right now privates have the bullseye. 

I also think that the private division in Tennessee will become elite when this happens.  Recruiting will pick up and publics will lose a lot of great players because of it.  Maybe I am wrong, who knows.  Only time will tell...

Okay, you're probably correct. :thumb:

And only time will tell.

You are correct, I have been to Maryville and Alcoa games. (don't need google) All I am saying is it sucks some teams get busted for kid being "out of zone" and has to vacate 6 games. Believe me the answer to all of this is open all the zones and just playball. I wish we (Hamilton County) could just let kids go anywhere as long as they provide their own transportation.

Not taking away from those programs, they are some of the best in the Southeast US. Well coached and have great communities supporting them. Always pull for them in the State Championship games. :thumb:

I'd just like to see some of our teams (i.e. East Ham, Signal, Ooltewah) play with the Alcoas and Maryville of the state. I'd say if you you mixed up some teams in Hamilton County you would see another annual powerhouse in the mix. JMO

Funny! I guess you don't know that Alcoa and Maryville are 5 miles apart. if Alcoa pulls ALL the area talent then how can Maryville Dominate? If Maryville pulls ALL the area talent ...............then how does Alcoa dominate? Don't believe it? Modern tools like Google earth will prove the location and distance. Go look for yourself.......THEN read your lame post above. Open zone is NOT Maryville's and Alcoa's ADVANTAGE.

lowerman..... Lol!!! :)