2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Bison won 2-1 over Glencliff. The score could have been much worse but the Bison played a lot of guys and were able to work with some different scenarios. SC will be tested Thursday against Hillsboro.

Expected a better performance by the team picked second in 9AAA. I know it is only May but 22-16 win over a much smaller school isn't what I expected. Still see Gallatin as a middle of the district team at best in 2014.

Would have thought the team picked to dominate 9AAA would be better at this point.  A one score win over a team that was 1-9 last year and got outscored 328-51 on the season might show some cause for concern.

I was at the scrimmage with a friend. Like most of these scrimmages score rarely reflects the actually scrimmage. SC dominated this one and Cougar 97 as you stated they should be tested more next week. They played to 10 play format and SC offense was only stopped by the the fact that they ran out if plays definitely not the Glencliff defense. SC defense looked really good as they held Glencliff scoreless while playing what looked to be everyone on their roster. The colts scored on a fumble recovery when the young kids were in.

Would have thought the team picked to dominate 9AAA would be better at this point. A one score win over a team that was 1-9 last year and got outscored 328-51 on the season might show some cause for concern.

Please go back through the thread and see when I said that SC would dominate 9AAA........all I said was that picking Gallatin at 2 was a stretch. I like the Bison to finish ahead of Gallatin when it's all said and done. Thanks for misquoting me though.

Dorian Banks is eligible as of today by TSSAA. He is certainly a great addition offensively and defensively for the next two years. With another very good transfer, D. Stephens from Union City, Gallatin's outlook for 2014 looks better than last year's prediction and looks to build from the quarterfinal appearance last year. Although, Marcus DeVault moving into SC territory will be felt, I understand another player from Gallatin looks to transfer to Gallatin from an in county school.

Gallatin Spring recap thus far:

Slow start to White House scrimmage after limited preparation from 3 days practice. Good to see QB Meader geared up after last year's injury put him out for the season before it began. A 22-16 win against an always tough bunch from White House with roughly 12 guys and 7 starters competing in other spring sports.

With the return of the baseball and soccer guys in a couple practices, Gallatin looked better against Clarksville all around though another slow start. Still missing a few starters in Track, 1s vs 1s was 14-0 Gallatin with Clarksville #1 O scoring on Gallatin's #2/3 D to make a 14-8 final. QB Meader continues to improve and Sophomore, Jordan "Ponchez" Mason looks bigger and faster and will be on many D1 schools radar very soon.

My Current 9AAA Prediction:

1. Hendersonville - Another state run?

2. Station Camp - Solid group returns but, only one Malone.

3. Gallatin - Will this team build on last year's efforts and surpass expectations? 

4. Mt. Juliet - Will senior leadership carry team to 2011/2012 success?

5. Lebanon - Will head coach press team to greater success around star RB?

6. Beech - The Van Zant show in full force.

7. Wilson Central - No Angel, Gabriel to save team. 

8. Portland - New coach, new attitude, some improvement but, similar result this year.

I believe #2 through #4 can be interchangeable but, I will stick with this until proven on the field. Much respect to all teams as 9AAA will be very good.  

Anxious to see Green vs Gold Game Tuesday evening.

GREEN WAVE PRIDE!!!      

Edited by TheRealTruth

Dorian Banks is eligible as of today by TSSAA. He is certainly a great addition offensively and defensively for the next two years. With another very good transfer, D. Stephens from Union City, Gallatin's outlook for 2014 looks better than last year's prediction and looks to build from the quarterfinal appearance last year. Although, Marcus DeVault moving into SC territory will be felt, I understand another player from Gallatin looks to transfer to Gallatin from an in county school.

Slow start to White House scrimmage after limited preparation from 3 days practice. Good to see QB Meader geared up after last year's injury put him out for the season before it began. A 22-16 win against an always tough bunch from White House with roughly 12 guys and 7 starters competing in other spring sports.

With the return of the baseball and soccer guys in a couple practices, Gallatin looked better against Clarksville all around though another slow start. Still missing a few starters in Track, 1s vs 1s was 14-0 Gallatin with Clarksville #1 O scoring on Gallatin's #2/3 D to make a 14-8 final. QB Meader continues to improve and Sophomore, Jordan "Ponchez" Mason looks bigger and faster and will be on many D1 schools radar very soon.

3. Gallatin - Will this team build on last year's efforts and surpass expectations? 

8. Portland - New coach, new attitude, some improvement but, similar result this year.

I believe #2 through #4 can be interchangeable but, I will stick with this until proven on the field. Much respect to all teams as 9AAA will be very good.  

GREEN WAVE PRIDE!!!      

I agree with you in that #2 through #4 is up for grabs. Both SC and MJ have some major holes to fill on the line. Now that GHS is getting guys to transfer in and are eligible to play right away will GWAVE still complain about SC and their transfers? 

I agree with you in that #2 through #4 is up for grabs. Both SC and MJ have some major holes to fill on the line. Now that GHS is getting guys to transfer in and are eligible to play right away will GWAVE still complain about SC and their transfers?

Transfers not from across town are different from those that are. But since you bring it up, are you aware of the county athletic director position that is being created? That person will review all of the in county transfers and the transfers will be voted on to make sure they are not for athletic purposes. Something I am in full favor of. This position has been created because of a certain school. So your backhanded remark my way does not make you look to bright. Obviously, there was a problem.

Transfers not from across town are different from those that are. But since you bring it up, are you aware of the county athletic director position that is being created? That person will review all of the in county transfers and the transfers will be voted on to make sure they are not for athletic purposes. Something I am in full favor of. This position has been created because of a certain school. So your backhanded remark my way does not make you look to bright. Obviously, there was a problem.

You cry about it ALL of the time on here. It has just gotten worse lately since SC has been beating GHS. Oh Really? I thought all the powers to be were against poor GHS and do everything for SCHS. I'm sure you'll continue to find something to cry about over SC.

You cry about it ALL of the time on here. It has just gotten worse lately since SC has been beating GHS. Oh Really? I thought all the powers to be were against poor GHS and do everything for SCHS. I'm sure you'll continue to find something to cry about over SC.

So I take it you had no idea that the position was being created. Do you support it? I have stated my opinion, in county transfers sit out a year regardless of which school they transfer to. If it was not a problem then the position would not have been created. Therefore my "crying" was legit. The position will also handle all TSSAA matters regarding fines and such. Make fun of me all you want but saying it was not an issue is laughable.

GREEN WAVE PRIDE!!!      

Glad to hear that Banks is eligible. Looking forward to watching him play. 9 AAA should be very exciting this year. I agree with Hendersonville being the favorite until somebody knocks them off. I agree that 2-4 could be interchangeable and wouldn't be surprised to see Lebanon surprise one or two teams this year. 

I want to see 9AAA be the best they can be!

GO BEARS !

So I take it you had no idea that the position was being created. Do you support it? I have stated my opinion, in county transfers sit out a year regardless of which school they transfer to. If it was not a problem then the position would not have been created. Therefore my "crying" was legit. The position will also handle all TSSAA matters regarding fines and such. Make fun of me all you want but saying it was not an issue is laughable.

As long as this "position" didn't go to school at GHS then there shouldn't be any problems.  Has this "position" found wrong doings yet? I haven't heard anything on it. So as of right now your crying isn't legit. If he does than good for you.  All your crying was worth it to you. I'm not about cheating so if they do find wrong doings than shame on SC. I disagree with you about the one year.  What's the difference transferring in county than out of county as long as you moved into the area that is zoned for that school? Why punish a kid if his family decides to relocate to another area inside the county. Believe it or not some people actually decide they want to get away from Gallatin but stay in Sumner County. 

As long as this "position" didn't go to school at GHS then there shouldn't be any problems. Has this "position" found wrong doings yet? I haven't heard anything on it. So as of right now your crying isn't legit. If he does than good for you. All your crying was worth it to you. I'm not about cheating so if they do find wrong doings than shame on SC. I disagree with you about the one year. What's the difference transferring in county than out of county as long as you moved into the area that is zoned for that school? Why punish a kid if his family decides to relocate to another area inside the county. Believe it or not some people actually decide they want to get away from Gallatin but stay in Sumner County.

The position is not filled yet. No need for retroactive findings, what is done is done. This is for future transfers. We can disagree on in county transfers sitting out a year, that's my opinion. It eliminates ANY question of moving for athletics only.

Funny how you try to down grade me and GHS by your comments then show your bias by saying unless they went to GHS in reguards to the position. The person in the position does not get the final say. It is voted on by a board. It is fair and no one person has the say so. But thanks to people like me who have made their voice heard and talked to the right people, things are gonna change. You can call it crying, but it is a fairness issue which some of taken advantage of and now will be held accountable. If you value fair play then you will support the position. That is all any associated with Gallatin has ever wanted. Obviously it was needed!!