Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

Well of course i said 2-4 years we could have our best team ever .. if u follow middle fresh and soph you would see where many of us are coming from especially size speed and team playing ... i have been around db football 30 years several teams going back to 88 i have seen great playerz "but again i am not talkin about one player im talking about a team as a whole "

Best ever? Not sure about that. I've seen some good teams over the last 17 plus years and we've had about four teams that would very tough to beat in my opinion. I have not seen much from last year that really impressed me. Even Coach Clark nows we are small but very fast. QB is going to make or break us. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise. ROLL TRIBE

Agred !!! Strong ties to georgia tech " cant forget bobby dodd - " two state championships "

If you go way back into the 1940's,DB had a five season run where they only lost one game and they had lots of great players.Here is one of those players from that time and one DB team you can put on that list of best Dobyns Bennett teams..................................................................................... Miller, Hal Category: football Year Inducted: 2001 University: georgia tech Team: San Francisco 49ers Biography

A native of Kingsport, Tennessee, Hal Miller attended Dobyns-Bennett High School where he earned All-State, All-Southern and All-America honors in football. In 1947 he was a member of the D-B team that was not scored on during the regular season. Miller received an athletic scholarship to Georgia Tech where he lettered three seasons, was All-SEC selection two years and was a consensus All-American as offensive tackle his senior year. In addition, he co-captained the Georgia Tech 1952 National Championship team.

Best DB team I ever saw was the one with Adonis Johnson @ RB. Sure wish he would've stayed in OR because he flat ran all over us lol

I heard Lamon Williams was an invited walk on to ETSU. Can anyone confirm that? Now he's the best that never made it. He was an all american as a soph, Gary Rankin said he was the best he ever seen. And that was as a soph in the semis against Riverdale.

One of the best talents that could have been was lamont jones.. his son played as reciever this past year .. lamont was a bolt of lighting he returned about every kickoff return in games he played !! I wish we would have had him every game !! Amazing talent

I heard Lamon Williams was an invited walk on to ETSU. Can anyone confirm that? Now he's the best that never made it. He was an all american as a soph. Gary Rankin said he was the best he ever seen. And that was as a soph in the semis against Riverdale.

Edited by dbFAN91

Covered with an elevator to get to it, not bad for a $100.00, if you just had somebody to park your car you'd have it made. I pay $40.00to  sit in the rain on an aluminum bench with no back.

Would like to see my Cats and your Indians play again, even if I had to drive to Kingsport. Maybe not this year though.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Hey guys want some of your input here : what do u think about the 100.00 new seat prices.. my understanding elavator and covered seating comes with it ..personaly i feel like it is high but they will sale out possibly on or shortly after july 8th which is tour/ meet greet night !!

My understanding is every seat in the upperdeck will have a {one time} 100 dollar fee that goes towards the stadium construction.That doesn't cover the season price.They are from 75 per seat to 125 per seat for five games.The 125 dollar seats will be the covered ones and they will be just above the old stands.Most of the seats will be uncovered .Kind of like UT's but with very few up under the upperdeck.I'd say a lot of those are already gone.The way I look at it is like this.It's football !! Those kids on the field are not covered.I'm not near as young as I once was and I've had two major surgeries including a total hip{that didn't work out 100%} in the last five years.I still work and put in several hundred hours of overtime and it's not going to kill me to sit in the rain for goodness sakes at a few football games.I know there are fans that can't climb the steps or really don't need to be out in the elements at all,those are the people that should get those seats and I hope it happens for a few of them.

I havent read this in a while but I think there is a $100 extra premium attached to EVERY seat that is reserved on the preview night, not just the top deck. Like Batman says, there is also a one time fee associated with the top deck seats. Does this mean a $125 seat will cost $325 each if reserved on the preview night?

I heard Lamon Williams was an invited walk on to ETSU. Can anyone confirm that? Now he's the best that never made it. He was an all american as a soph. Gary Rankin said he was the best he ever seen. And that was as a soph in the semis against Riverdale.

Holy Mother of Pearl  ......i thought he was in prison?