Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

Man from hearing yall talk I think it would be in the best interest of Maryville, Blackman, Oakland, etc etc to just stop playing football and cash in their football programs. I don't see any of them standing a chance against these all world 7th graders yall are talking about. I can't wait to see who DB plays in the state title game the next 20 years. Who do yall think it will be?

Edited by GaddisTossSweep

Just messin' with ya fella's. I'm sure that group you're talking about will be real good. Just giving yuns a hard time. I got respect for Kingsport DB.

I know Gaddis.It's always fun  to get excited about your team but as I said,these guys have done nothing at the high school level yet.There are some fine athletes and as anyone knows,that sometimes doesn't mean that the whole bunch will do the right things on the field,in the class room or stay out of trouble.I hope there are enough team leaders and good parents to take care of a big part of those things.I've been around most of one middle schools kids and part of the others,and I know the vast number of kids and their parents are good ones.I think there is enough good depth possibility to step up if they are called on.It's a team sport and I hope this group plays that way and doesn't worry about who is getting what numbers.Not just DB,but I can't imagine years ago,going against some of the kids that are in the middle and high schools now.You have backs and skill players that are bigger then the lineman use to be.

Man from hearing yall talk I think it would be in the best interest of Maryville, Blackman, Oakland, etc etc to just stop playing football and cash in their football programs. I don't see any of them standing a chance against these all world 7th graders yall are talking about. I can't wait to see who DB plays in the state title game the next 20 years. Who do yall think it will be?

Ah, now we know why Maryville is moving down to 5A next year.....

Ah, now we know why Maryville is moving down to 5A next year.....

Good one Blazer ,I  wouldn't be surprised if Maryville doesn't drop on down a couple more classes just to make sure.When your only ranked between 10th and 25th in the country a lot of the time, it's better to go hide .I'd say those Maryville coacht boys will change their names out of fear as well.I can see a STARSnDB or something like that ........

Went to visit my uncle in maryvillle . he said i heard da indians going be good in years to come .. i thought for a second , i said "stars" ? he said no no no i sent him to store to get new panties , i said panties ? He said yeass he got upset and shi* all over his ole ones , and now i gotta teach him a lesson !! I laughed for a second and i said what is the lesson ? He said " dont get upset when the new ones takeover the smell u once had " !!!

Best ever? Not sure about that. I've seen some good teams over the last 17 plus years and we've had about four teams that would very tough to beat in my opinion. I have not seen much from last year that really impressed me. Even Coach Clark knows we are small but very fast. QB is going to make or break us. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise. ROLL TRIBE

Best ever? Not sure about that. I've seen some good teams over the last 17 plus years and we've had about four teams that would very tough to beat in my opinion. I have not seen much from last year that really impressed me. Even Coach Clark nows we are small but very fast. QB is going to make or break us. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise. ROLL TRIBE

Edited by dbFAN91

Best ever? Not sure about that. I've seen some good teams over the last 17 plus years and we've had about four teams that would very tough to beat in my opinion. I have not seen much from last year that really impressed me. Even Coach Clark nows we are small but very fast. QB is going to make or break us. I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise. ROLL TRIBE

Best DB team I ever saw was the one with Adonis Johnson @ RB. Sure wish he would've stayed in OR because he flat ran all over us lol

If you go way back into the 1940's,DB had a five season run where they only lost one game and they had lots of great players.Here is one of those players from that time and one DB team you can put on that list of best Dobyns Bennett teams.....................................................................................

Miller, Hal Category: football Year Inducted: 2001 University: georgia tech Team: San Francisco 49ers Biography

A native of Kingsport, Tennessee, Hal Miller attended Dobyns-Bennett High School where he earned All-State, All-Southern and All-America honors in football. In 1947 he was a member of the D-B team that was not scored on during the regular season. Miller received an athletic scholarship to Georgia Tech where he lettered three seasons, was All-SEC selection two years and was a consensus All-American as offensive tackle his senior year. In addition, he co-captained the Georgia Tech 1952 National Championship team.