New players at CPA

Hater247

I am asking posters to not judge based on only on hearsay when they don't have a firsthand experience with CPA.

My last post on the subject. Have a great day.

Spoken like the 2nd grade bully on the playground,  "I'm taking my ball and going home. I quit." 

Typical response from some at CPA,  only happy when they are winning, even if they are cheating, and can't handle someone else's opinion, or the truth of another's experience, if it is contrary to what they want to believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I always love reading this thread for entertainment purposes.

I feel i can give a good outside non personal perspective to it all.

1st off I understand the school is  a religious christian school, but lets get real this is a highschool sports thread and we are talking about basketball not final judgments of any "human" so to speak nor scriptures and blah blah blah...

Maddux is a good coach, just look at the things they run and how his players are intelligent of the game , and are clearly taught the correct way to play. They are not just out there being sooo much better athletes playing pick up ball and winning. come on now..

He obviously recruits in some way whether legal or not, for example his little camps he runs for all the young players around the nashville area up to the 7th grade. Easily a form of recruiting since highschools cant even let their own middle schools into games for free because that is "recruiting" So it is apparent he recruits in some way, but  the fact of the matter is he hasn't been "caught" or found of doing any wrong "recruiting", so maybe others should just develop better, game plan better, and spend all the energy in those things instead of  using it to complain, whine , and trying to catch CPA cheating to have an excuse or to justify your team losing to them is highly annoying and foolish. 

About the parents whose kids could be playing, smh, get over it basketball is a privileged sport, only 5 players can play at a time. This is not junior pro where you pay to play so everyone gets to play. And i find it embarrassing, if you don't like it then take your kid to another school yourself, because then you would be complaining about not winning, or kid not getting to play enough instead of not at all,  but i would almost put money that those kids being spoke about couldn't even play at many schools around that area regardless. Because truth be told as Maddux goes down that bench the players level is mediocre at best in AA basketball..

• Upvote 1

His bench would absolutely EMBARASS the White House varsity I can promise you that.

Heck his middle school would match up pretty well.

I have known your coach all my life and he knows it to be true also.

If CPA was coming in and blowing out the Blue Devils each year with the latest caravan of incoming players, then you would not be so flippant.

I knew a shot would be taken at white house and obviously am/was willing to accept that, I am not talking about white house beating the cpa powerhouse, just referencing that i have seen them play many times !!

Lets be honest white house hasn't been a competitive team for a while now

But I watch and know a lot about basketball, and cpa runs some wonderful things regardless of what their talent level was or is , which was my point i thought i made.

CPA middle school team is also a very solid team, with some very talented players as well.. But that would be a good game honestly between white house middle school and cpa middle school not counting CPA's new edition of course haha

And btw i said mediocre at best I believe White House was ranked 101 out of 113 in AA last year so I wouldn't call that mediocre ;) ..

And they put white house out of the region every year before the new arrangement so i have seen the dominance of the new squads, but that doesn't stop what I believe about basketball that 5 people play at a time, and foolish to just make excuse after excuse, and whining after whining instead of doing something about it personally as a player or as a program, not saying White House can, but teams in general as I said in my post :)

... I feel i can give a good outside non personal perspective to it all...

I will disagree with you on that point and pretty much the rest of your post. Sport will always be about values, being consistent with those values, how a program is built and developed, etc. Sport is always bigger than the game itself and the two cannot and should not be separated.

The system itself is very simplistic, nothing I have seen over the years would concern me about playing against that system (and there are some systems I can't say that about), in fact there are ways to counteract that system.  If you think it is based on coaching and the system as opposed to having superior talent on the floor then you simply do not understand.  When people can objectively begin naming the teams CPA has beaten over these last years when they had less talent than their opponent, I will re-consider my position.  Doesn't mean the most talented team wins every game, but if it is coaching and the system, it is easy to point to those types of games when you weren't superior at just about every position on the floor and still came out the victor. 

I agree to an extent about about them not being seperate , but let's remember this is highschool basketball , not adults we are talking about ....

And I am going to just answer the rest paraphrasing one of the greatest coaches ever Bob Night ..... In our simplicity there is complexity , the way those players rotate , know roles, communicate that is all habits and good coaching .... Anther paraphrase simple and execution over time always beats complexity and surprise .... But we can agree to disagree on what is coaching and what is talent :) ... Enjoyed this conversation by the way .... Goodbye

I agree to an extent about about them not being seperate , but let's remember this is highschool basketball , not adults we are talking about ....

And I am going to just answer the rest paraphrasing one of the greatest coaches ever Bob Night ..... In our simplicity there is complexity , the way those players rotate , know roles, communicate that is all habits and good coaching .... Anther paraphrase simple and execution over time always beats complexity and surprise .... But we can agree to disagree on what is coaching and what is talent :) ... Enjoyed this conversation by the way .... Goodbye

Exactly, high school basketball with adults in leadership positions calling the shots.  But to think that other teams with non-Division I type players simply need to work harder, prepare better, etc., and will beat CPA is totally idealistic and unrealistic.  As I continue to say, depending on transfers to be successful is not the way high school basketball was designed.  Which is why for me it is not that special or great of an accomplishment.  There are many, many coaches when they have all the advantages/superior talent can win lots of games and championships too.       

Exactly, high school basketball with adults in leadership positions calling the shots. But to think that other teams with non-Division I type players simply need to work harder, prepare better, etc., and will beat CPA is totally idealistic and unrealistic. As I continue to say, depending on transfers to be successful is not the way high school basketball was designed. Which is why for me it is not that special or great of an accomplishment. There are many, many coaches when they have all the advantages/superior talent can win lots of games and championships too.

All valid statements .... What would be a special or great accomplishment ? ? Like a precedent ..? ... Just wondering what that means to you .... I agree highschool basketball should not be dependent on who got who from where , instead heard of their developing freshman or younger from his "area" so to speak ..... There are also many , many coaches who have lost many games with superior talent (relative term) as in this example of CPA , who has done a lot of winning ...just to keep it on topic of thread lol 😬

All valid statements .... What would be a special or great accomplishment ? ? Like a precedent ..? ... Just wondering what that means to you .... I agree highschool basketball should not be dependent on who got who from where , instead heard of their developing freshman or younger from his "area" so to speak ..... There are also many , many coaches who have lost many games with superior talent (relative term) as in this example of CPA , who has done a lot of winning ...just to keep it on topic of thread lol

Simple, in high school basketball those who do it without depending on transfers for their success and done in a way that supports the philosophy and value of sport as well as being consistent with the educational institution's values and philosophy.  

Not talking "talent" in general terms, talking specific talent, enough talent to play NCAA Division I basketball.  Over the last 4 years CPA has had anywhere from 3-5 players on the floor with that type of talent, all who transferred in.  Most programs would be lucky to have one, the vast majority have none.  You name me one coach and program who has that kind of talent (NCAA DI talent) at the high school level and has lost many games.