2014 Class 4A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

I have a good feeling that not one of you even seen the falcon and Irish play last year? The falcon came out FLAT and had the worst game of the season. And it happens. It's very hard to be UP for every game when you play 15 a year and any coach will tell you that. If the Irish was the team everybody makes them to be, they should have one. Fulton gets up for greeneville, Powell , Austin east and maybe one more. Not Farragutt or bearden.

And the Irish came out playing 7 freshmen against a flat Fulton team. I don't buy that, Catholic has an overall winning record against Fulton and I seriously doubt they were flat. You don't have to give catholic credit for playing a good game. I was there and I saw the Irish offense run right at Fulton and their defense played good at times. But some one was correct that was last year. Let's see what happens. Lord knows the Falcon faithful get upset when fans have opinions about their teams and cheer for their own. Why play. Give Fulton the title now. Edited by QSouth89

And the Irish came out playing 7 freshmen against a flat Fulton team. I don't buy that, Catholic has an overall winning record against Fulton and I seriously doubt they were flat. You don't have to give catholic credit for playing a good game. I was there and I saw the Irish offense run right at Fulton and their defense played good at times. But some one was correct that was last year. Let's see what happens. Lord knows the Falcon faithful get upset when fans have opinions about their teams and cheer for their own. Why play. Give Fulton the title now.

Remember, if Catholic beats Fulton this year it's because the Irish recruit, not because they outplayed Fulton. Isn't that about right? LOL

I'm not a Catholic fan either, but I still think that Catholic will win the state championship this year. South, Greeneville and Fulton will all be tough though.

But to answer an earlier thought, Fulton is not the default team to beat for 2014. The 2013 season is over and that has no impact whatsoever on who the favorite for this season should be. Going into 2013, the Falcons were most definitely the team to beat, because they returned a loaded roster from a state championship team. That's simply not the case this season.

Remember, if Catholic beats Fulton this year it's because the Irish recruit, not because they outplayed Fulton. Isn't that about right? LOL

You're talking about Fulton, there's ALWAYS a reason/excuse when they loose. It's never because someone actually gave them a game. It is what it is.

OK question, would we even be having this (Catholic-Fulton who wins)debate if Catholic had a hard zone to draw kids from like public schools? And yes part of it is coaching and facilities we all know that, but if Catholic was zoned with no recruiting would they have the same coaches and as nice of facilies? That arguement can go both ways. That's like Belmont having a non schoolship football team playing Vandy and Vandy folks saying after a blowout "don't whin and say its because we recruit". Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Bottom line is Catholic should be in 5A, but because of a awful ruling by the TSSAA they get to play 4A. With the multiplier they have over 1200 students. They are a private school playing public ball without a true 1.8 multiplier. It shouldn't matter if a multiplier moves a private school up 2 classes, the multiplier was put in for a reason and should be enforced. 

Bottom line is Catholic should be in 5A, but because of a awful ruling by the TSSAA they get to play 4A. With the multiplier they have over 1200 students. They are a private school playing public ball without a true 1.8 multiplier. It shouldn't matter if a multiplier moves a private school up 2 classes, the multiplier was put in for a reason and should be enforced.

agree. And that same multiplier should hold true to open zoned schools if the bring in kids from out of their county. PA use to have a rule that if a kid transfers schools after freshman year, they sit the next year if under 50 miles, measured school to school. There were hardship exemptions but they were very rare.

. 😂

OK question, would we even be having this (Catholic-Fulton who wins)debate if Catholic had a hard zone to draw kids from like public schools? And yes part of it is coaching and facilities we all know that, but if Catholic was zoned with no recruiting would they have the same coaches and as nice of facilies? That arguement can go both ways. That's like Belmont having a non schoolship football team playing Vandy and Vandy folks saying after a blowout "don't whin and say its because we recruit".

Ummm, yeah we would always debate on who would win, LOL.

"If Catholic was zoned with no recruiting". So you're saying they recruit............................

Ummm, yeah we would always debate on who would win, LOL.

"If Catholic was zoned with no recruiting". So you're saying they recruit............................

ummmm yea, the public buses don't pick up kids in Knox county and randomly drop them off at Catholic's doorstep. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

ummmm yea, the public buses don't pick up kids in Knox county and randomly drop them off at Catholic's doorstep.

I'm not a Catholic fan by any means, but we're gonna approach this the same way as when people call us out for recruiting (not open zone, but recruiting): names or it never happened. If you give details, I'm sure QSouth89 or IrishBBall will have that coach disciplined/fired.

Edited by AlcoaBasketball