2014 Class 4A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

BVD - Greeneville's schedule seems to be pretty much against cupcakes this year.   You do have Mo West, Jeff Co and Signal Mt., but otherwise it does not look that tough.     But I do not know that district as well as you do, so what do you think?    Do any of the aforementioned teams have a legitimate shot at Greeneville or do you guys coast to a 10-0 regular season?

Also, are you going to keep posting videos each week during the season?    Sure hope so, local high school sports do not get enough coverage in my opinion, and I'm really glad to see you giving these athletes some exposure.

Our schedule is exactly the same as last year,only the games will be played at the opposite location as last season. Agreed, BRAC is a cupcake league for us and that really stinks for us. Im sure CB would love to have tougher conference competition, but im guessing that's why he tries to schedule as many tougher games out of the league as possible. The names on our schedule this season are historically tough and I think several of them will be much tougher this year than last, but by their own standards, most of these schools are down right now....yes I will be doing the videos this year again so long as permitted to do so. I agree that the kids in this end of the state deserve more exposure than they get. I wish more fans would do what I do but I understand that not everyone has the time to devote to it, or the desire. I would love to have a high school football radio show  devoted soley to  hs football, but I don't own a radio station right now, so that will have to wait...lol. I will be doing a segment on HS football this fall on my VOLS internet radio show, so that's a start I guess.....as for the DEVILS season, I don't think by any means will we "coast" to an undefeated reg season, but I do believe its possible to go undefeated. That's always my hope, but this year, a loss or two on the way wouldn't shock me. I think Signal and Harlan will both be tough games on the road. Boone might give us a tussle up in Gray and no way will MoWest and JeffCo suck as bad as they did last season......time will tell and I cant wait......

South's high powered no-huddle offense will pass Greeneville silly.   The question is how will the Rebels hold up on defense??     I understand that Greeneville has a massive OL, but someone still has to tote the ball and that is an unknown.

Remember when Jerry Clower showed up at college as a walk-on, the first day of practice:

COACH:  Son, what position do you play?

CLOWER:   Coach, I am the man what runs with da football....

Blazer, we're loaded at RB. In fact, I don't see anyone on our schedule holding our run game under 300 yards per game....I might be a little bit delusional with that prediction, but hey, that's just me....haha

Blazer, we're loaded at RB. In fact, I don't see anyone on our schedule holding our run game under 300 yards per game....I might be a little bit delusional with that prediction, but hey, that's just me....haha

With Greenevilles running vs. South's passing, this will be one great game.   Whoever has the ball last wins......

Lol...If u say so but u not making since if last year was the past why bring up a loaded Fulton team barely won. It's a new year remember injuries could happen so yea it's definitely a opinion way to early haven't even put on pads yet.

I brought it up because Catholic has a lot more coming back from that team last year than Fulton does......I saw Catholic in pads in the spring, they are very well coached and very good......just remember this conversation come November.  If your Firebirds were to get to play them, do you know if it would be in the playoffs or in the championship?

I brought it up because Catholic has a lot more coming back from that team last year than Fulton does......I saw Catholic in pads in the spring, they are very well coached and very good......just remember this conversation come November.  If your Firebirds were to get to play them, do you know if it would be in the playoffs or in the championship?

It would be at tech I think not really sure.

I have a good feeling that not one of you even seen the falcon and Irish play last year? The falcon came out FLAT and had the worst game of the season. And it happens. It's very hard to be UP for every game when you play 15 a year and any coach will tell you that. If the Irish was the team everybody makes them to be, they should have one. Fulton gets up for greeneville, Powell , Austin east and maybe one more. Not Farragutt or bearden.

Why all the love for catholic? You are still a Gov right?

Why all the love for catholic? You are still a Gov right?

No love for Catholic, just my opinion for 4A this year.....Would actually make me happy for someone to prove my opinion wrong, because I definitely am not a Catholic fan by any means, but that does not take away the fact that they are good.

Lol...If u say so but u not making since if last year was the past why bring up a loaded Fulton team barely won. It's a new year remember injuries could happen so yea it's definitely a opinion way to early haven't even put on pads yet.

Last year was last year but Catholic returns 9 starters on offense and 7 on defense. That's why he's giving his opinion on the Irish.