2014 Class 4A Coaches Poll

AllRegion

The terrain over here is a little different than West TN. Blount county has a common border with NC, but there are only a few roads that go over there through the mountains. I would hate to ride a bus over there from Maryville.

RR rekkon we cood git tha boys arost tha Dragon inn this 'un...???...... :popcorneater:

ford-school-bus-03.jpg

Death valley will be loud this year and south will rock and shock 4a all year long !! South dont get to many chances do to being 4.5 miles from kingsport DB with kids being anexed and going to the big city school ..south has always had great atheletes but with this team as a whole, they have more this year !! 4A is going to be very tough and souuth is one of those teams that deserve the ranking and will prove those critics wrong!! Rebels are for real this year !!

sorry im a little late joining the party here and I haven't read every post...I stopped after the first 3 pages. My early....EARLY thoughts on 4a this year is a whole lot of the same ole same ole, with a little bit of Sullivan South and Betsy making strides along the way. Both of those teams scare the doody out of me come playoff time. A lot of questions with my big GREENE this year, but Im confident all will be answered by playoff time and regardless of seeding, I still think 4a runs thru Fulton. Whoever steps up and knocks them off their perch will win it all this year, otherwise, the jilted bunch ( see articles on fulton being ticked off at butch jones and company) from broadway will be threepeating......having said all that, I know how hungry the Greene Team is and those that return this year from last seasons debacle on Broadway will be ready to go.......See yall out there.

sorry im a little late joining the party here and I haven't read every post...I stopped after the first 3 pages. My early....EARLY thoughts on 4a this year is a whole lot of the same ole same ole, with a little bit of Sullivan South and Betsy making strides along the way. Both of those teams scare the doody out of me come playoff time. A lot of questions with my big GREENE this year, but Im confident all will be answered by playoff time and regardless of seeding, I still think 4a runs thru Fulton. Whoever steps up and knocks them off their perch will win it all this year, otherwise, the jilted bunch ( see articles on fulton being ticked off at butch jones and company) from broadway will be threepeating......having said all that, I know how hungry the Greene Team is and those that return this year from last seasons debacle on Broadway will be ready to go.......See yall out there.

BVD - Greeneville's schedule seems to be pretty much against cupcakes this year.   You do have Mo West, Jeff Co and Signal Mt., but otherwise it does not look that tough.     But I do not know that district as well as you do, so what do you think?    Do any of the aforementioned teams have a legitimate shot at Greeneville or do you guys coast to a 10-0 regular season?

Also, are you going to keep posting videos each week during the season?    Sure hope so, local high school sports do not get enough coverage in my opinion, and I'm really glad to see you giving these athletes some exposure.

BVD - Greeneville's schedule seems to be pretty much against cupcakes this year. You do have Mo West, Jeff Co and Signal Mt., but otherwise it does not look that tough. But I do not know that district as well as you do, so what do you think? Do any of the aforementioned teams have a legitimate shot at Greeneville or do you guys coast to a 10-0 regular season?

Also, are you going to keep posting videos each week during the season? Sure hope so, local high school sports do not get enough coverage in my opinion, and I'm really glad to see you giving these athletes some exposure.

Other then Greeneville the district is one big cupcake but we gotta play those games nothing we can do about that. Harlen Co. KY is an established team in KY (oh man did they get some humble pie last year lol) and Boone Is Boone. I think we've had softer schedules in the past. Other then our weak district it's not a bad schedule.

The terrain over here is a little different than West TN. Blount county has a common border with NC, but there are only a few roads that go over there through the mountains. I would hate to ride a bus over there from Maryville.

That makes sense... Hard to go into those Mountains. Fair Enough

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

This was just posted on MurphyFair.com

What do you all think? This is the first poll where I believe that the coaches are actually a little bit off. Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect for Fulton in the world and I understand the practice of voting the defending champions #1 until someone knocks them off. However, I just think that the Falcons lost too much talent to be voted in the top spot, especially considering how loaded some of the teams in 4A are going to be this year.

If I had a ballot to cast, I would have probably put Catholic at #1. They have a TON of talent coming back and I expect them to be very strong. I know that Greeneville will be good again, but I'm not sure how much they lost from last year. Sullivan South and Pearl Cohn are way too low in this poll, and where in the world is Elizabethton?

Here's the poll:

1. Fulton

2. Greeneville

3. Giles County

4. Knoxville Catholic

5. Trezevant

6. Liberty (tie)

6. Signal Mountain (tie)

8. Sullivan South

9. Dyersburg (tie)

9. Pearl Cohn (tie) 

IMO, Knox Catholic will be the team to beat in 4A this year....followed by Fulton, Giles Co, Sullivan South, Signal Mtn, Greeneville, and Elizabethon.  But everyone will be chasing Catholic this year....and probably next year also.