2014 9AAA

eers

I was told last night that there are 3 schools in the same situation with kids living outside the county playing for Sumner County teams. This person at BHS also told me this is not illegal and has gone on for years.

Living outside of the county and attending a Sumner County school in itself is not illegal.  The question comes in using an actual address and going through the right channels to get there, clearance through TSSAA for eligibility, etc.  Did the said players participate at their zoned school last year?  There's a lot more to it than do they live in the county. 

I heard the same thing a couple of days ago. Not sure of the validity, but heard there were a few players zoned for metro that are using another student's address in Hendersonville. I have no idea if that's the case or who the alleged players are. What I do know is we certainly don't need another scenario like last year. I will also say that if it is true, I have no doubt Hatfield was UNaware.

One thing, last year the director of schools made it clear that Station Camp was not going to get brought down by Gallatin or ANY Sumner Co school and the principal was forced to withdraw the issue from the TSSAA. It was never a question of if the facts were correct or not. This situation has been treated likewise by Dr. Phillips. It is widely known by several schools. You can thank someone in metro for that. This is not a new issue.

I was told last night that there are 3 schools in the same situation with kids living outside the county playing for Sumner County teams. This person at BHS also told me this is not illegal and has gone on for years.

How many claim residence actually in Sumner Co? That is the question.